What needs to change in order to make this country better?

Lisa

Superstar
you live in a fantasy land

he created LESS jobs than the last two years of the Obama administration lol. All the jobs suck anyway and over half the country lives paycheck to paycheck. It was booming for those at the top and overall growth ( not a good indicator for the health of the people btw, just like the stock market ) was slowing down prior to the virus

No, more and more people were really doing well in the economy that trump created...more opportunity means more chances at wealth not less. The obama administration sucked all the life out of the economy and people were afraid to buy anything other than guns and ammo. That’s not healthy when a countries citizens think they need more guns against their governments intentions.

rainerann

Star
A cord of three strands is not easily broken.
Right, that is why we have this thing called a house and senate and together they form a congress that is populated by a whole lot more than three people(strands).

The problem is our country seems to think one strand is the solution to our problems. So to fix this, we need to get rid of the executive branch so that people can see the real strength of a council.

Lisa

Superstar
Biggest day of gun sales in the USA recorded ever - last week.
Fear buying about personal safety as the virus quarantine wages on...however, during the obama years..

Lisa

Superstar
Repeating something that is untrue doesn’t suddenly make it true. Statistically speaking here monthly added jobs was higher for the last Obama years than it was Trump.

Even prior to the virus they were predicting a recession late this year or early next year. I know it doesn’t matter because you believe what you choose to and not what is reality. It’s the basis of your personality and your entire belief structure. I wish I had the power to delude myself the way you do, it must make life easy.
No..obama killed the economy and wanted everyone to get used to it....

You do delude yourself...

Everyone is always prediction a recession...

Lisa

Superstar
Right, that is why we have this thing called a house and senate and together they form a congress that is populated by a whole lot more than three people(strands).

The problem is our country seems to think one strand is the solution to our problems. So to fix this, we need to get rid of the executive branch so that people can see the real strength of a council.
Naw...the founding fathers saw how governments worked and decided this was the best way to keep the US free...if you jack things up between different groups its a lot harder to mess it up too fast. Yet, they thought it would eventually become corrupted. Which is why people fight so hard to keep the constitution as in tact as possible.

I think people understand that the three strands is what keeps us safe and free from the government running rough shod over us.

justjess

Superstar
Fear buying about personal safety as the virus quarantine wages on...however, during the obama years..

People bought more guns last week then ever before (save after sandy hook). Refute that if you can, you can’t.

People bought them during Obama’s years because they were scared they wouldn’t be able to buy them anymore. Same with sandy hook during that period.

They are buying them now because they feel they might have to use them.

You used the gun purchasing argument, not me. Deal with it.

Lisa

Superstar
People bought more guns last week then ever before (save after sandy hook). Refute that if you can, you can’t.

People bought them during Obama’s years because they were scared they wouldn’t be able to buy them anymore. Same with sandy hook during that period.

They are buying them now because they feel they might have to use them.

You used the gun purchasing argument, not me. Deal with it.
Fear for their lives if this thing goes so south that people would use guns to shoot others for their stuff..and people buying to prevent that. It’s only you who doesn’t see that people being out of work is a problem.

People were scared that obama was going to come after their guns and they wanted to protect themselves from the government..and that scared people so much that they bought like crazy.

justjess

Superstar
I didn’t say people not working wasn’t a problem. I said it’s better then being dead. And it’s temporary. All of the above is true.

You are becoming hysterical about this and quite frankly I’m not sure why..

Did you ignore the economists advice to have 6-12 months savings in the event of an emergency?

Lisa

Superstar
I didn’t say people not working wasn’t a problem. I said it’s better then being dead. And it’s temporary. All of the above is true.

You are becoming hysterical about this and quite frankly I’m not sure why..

Did you ignore the economists advice to have 6-12 months savings in the event of an emergency?
It might be temporary..it started off temporary anyway.

I’m not hysterical at all.

Many people don’t have that kind of savings..for whatever reasons...probably not because they aren’t good at financial responsibility...

justjess

Superstar
It might be temporary..it started off temporary anyway.

I’m not hysterical at all.

Many people don’t have that kind of savings..for whatever reasons...probably not because they aren’t good at financial responsibility...
Well if that’s what has been suggested since the beginning of time and you aren’t 1) poor or 2) stupid you should have enough saved to withstand a couple weeks/months. Having savings when you have the means to do so is the financially responsible thing to do.

Lisa

Superstar
Well if that’s what has been suggested since the beginning of time and you aren’t 1) poor or 2) stupid you should have enough saved to withstand a couple weeks/months. Having savings when you have the means to do so is the financially responsible thing to do.
I know people who don’t have those kinds of savings...for whatever reasons. They aren’t the only ones that haven’t saved like that.
From last year...

Lisa

Superstar
I thought the economy was on fire? I thought that not having savings or any kind of economic hardship was solely the individuals fault and not to be blamed on nothing else?
It was on fire. If they don’t have the savings then...?

justjess

Superstar
Again, same people you typically don’t give a hoot about and rant about personal responsibility.

Is this effecting your social circle now? Is that the problem?
It was on fire. If they don’t have the savings then...?
then either they were living paycheck to paycheck because it wasn’t on fire or they were irresponsible spenders. Pick one.

Lisa

Superstar
Again, same people you typically don’t give a hoot about and rant about personal responsibility.

Is this effecting your social circle now? Is that the problem?

then either they were living paycheck to paycheck because it wasn’t on fire or they were irresponsible spenders. Pick one.
Personal responsibility is a good thing.