"What must I do to be saved?"

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
False Teachings/Cults

Audio & Article: What is wrong with Lordship Salvation?
Dr. Andy Woods.

Lordship Salvation is the idea that an unbeliever must commit all areas of his life to Christ as a condition for being saved. Another way of articulating Lordship Salvation is, "if Jesus is not Lord of all then He is not Lord at all." Lordship Salvation began to significantly enter the American evangelical community in the 1980's through the ministries of various prominent theologians and pastors. The movement began with the well-intentioned concern to address too much carnality in the Christian world. However, the proposed solution to this legitimate concern was to increase the sole requirement for salvation in an attempt to argue that carnal Christians were never really saved in the first place since they had never initially yielded to Christ's Lordship.

Article: What is wrong with Lordship Salvation?
Dr. Andy Woods.

Bear witness that there is no deity worthy of being worshiped but the only true God - Allah, and bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger. Since you come from a Christian background, you may also declare that Jesus is no more than His servant and messenger.

That is not to belittle the status of Jesus in any way, it is simply putting him in his rightful position and following his religion which is submitting to the Will of God and believing in the Messengers that He sent.

May God guide you and give you steadfastness on the truth, Amen.

Todd

Star
Matthew 19:16-22

but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

TokiEl

Superstar
Because so much confusion is taught, the simple Gospel is more important than ever.

Now is the day of salvation.

Luke 15 4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ 7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

Sinners need to repent ! That is to turn from wickedness !

Jesus Christ can help with that and He will forgive sins... but you got to want to change for the better.

TokiEl

Superstar
What is it that will deny you eternal life ? Sin !

So you will either die in your sins or you must somehow be forgiven your sins.

Do you know anybody who can forgive your sins ?

I know only One... but that's enough.

So what must you do to be saved from your sins ?

You must engage in a relationship with your Saviour !

TokiEl

Superstar
2 Timothy 4 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Who is your Saviour ?

Is it Martin Andy Amir Paul Jane Jack Beth... ?

Luke 6 46 “But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?

47 Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.

49 But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great.

Jesus Christ said one must hear Him and comply !

Of course if Jesus Christ is not your Saviour or not even your Lord you don't have to hear Him and comply... but if you call yourselves after His name... you ought at least read what He said so you know what to do !

Last edited:

Allegra

Veteran
It’s actually simple. Accept Lord Jesus as your savior and repent your sins. Follow His commandments.

Matthew 22:34-40 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Great Commandment
34 But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Once you love God and people even those who hate you, you sure following His commandments naturally. Would you love God but still lying or murdering someone? No right? The obedience comes with your love for God. Even if we are sinned, he will convict us and we hate the sins and ask for forgiveness.

Jesus makes things simpler for us. It’s us who makes it complicated because we like to compromise. By compromising, we open door to deceptions.

Because so much confusion is taught, the simple Gospel is more important than ever.

Now is the day of salvation.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. Faith alone. Plus nothing minus nothing. Salvation is a free gift given to whosoever believeth in Jesus Christ. Once you do believe you are given eternal life and shall never perish. Obviously our bodies get old and perish but it's the soul that gets eternal life. Salvation is free and Jesus Paid It All.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. Faith alone. Plus nothing minus nothing. Salvation is a free gift given to whosoever believeth in Jesus Christ. Once you do believe you are given eternal life and shall never perish. Obviously our bodies get old and perish but it's the soul that gets eternal life. Salvation is free and Jesus Paid It All.
I wonder if you have ever seen this presentation of the Gospel? It was put better than I could manage!

TokiEl

Superstar
You can believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as much as you want... but if you don't act in accordance with His words you will be told to go away. Now i know because the Saviour said so... that not few but many will not make it.

How many believe in the grace by faith only cliche ? Many !

You can believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as much as you want... but if you don't act in accordance with His words you will be told to go away. Now i know because the Saviour said so... that not few but many will not make it.

How many believe in the grace by faith only cliche ? Many !
There are definitely fewer people that believe in grace by faith versus those who are Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth and reprobate concerning the faith.

TokiEl

Superstar
There are definitely fewer people that believe in grace by faith versus those who are Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth and reprobate concerning the faith.
You must be talking about yourself.

Grace by faith only is a christian claptrap which spawns nothing but sinners.

Lisa

Superstar
Acts ‭16:29-31‬ ‭
And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
‭‭

TokiEl

Superstar
Do not claim to believe in Jesus Christ if you don't obey Him !

You don't fool me and you certainly won't fool the Lord.

polymoog

Superstar

boy, you guys make it so complicated.
go to the top tab at 'file' and select "save as".
you can select jesus or mohammed or whatever you like.
sheesh.

DevaWolf

Veteran
So as a non religious person who does not understand the whole born again principle, tell me, does praying to God change anything?

I once asked for Jesus to come in my life if he was real, but nothing happened. What is supposed to happen?

It did not make me believe. Neither did reading the bible.

So as a non religious person who does not understand the whole born again principle, tell me, does praying to God change anything?

I once asked for Jesus to come in my life if he was real, but nothing happened. What is supposed to happen?

It did not make me believe. Neither did reading the bible.
As a non saved person, you cannot read the Bible and get yourself saved because Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” the Bible is a book that can only be fully understood by believers.

You get saved by Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ for your salvation. I suggest that as soon as you read this message that you go to YouTube and type in "the Bible way to heaven". It will pull up a short video that explains biblical salvation. After watching the video, let me know if you have any questions.