"What must I do to be saved?"

TokiEl

Superstar
I agree, and we can all agree that we go through this process constantly, but because we are in this process it doesn't mean we are now doomed to hell because we are still part of the process. Like with your sins it took some time to realize that God doesn't tolerate it. With all of us it sometimes takes time to realize this.

You have gone through it and God showed you He expected more. As we grow in Him He keeps on refining us, people here admit they are still in the process - that doesn't mean they reject this process or are not striving to become more like Jesus, it just takes time because we are all human.
The churchgoers here think that sins which lead to death and even premeditated sins which lead to death do not jeopardize their salvation... only their rewards. They think they go to Heaven for sure no matter what... but they might not get a reward there.

It's this kind of thinking which is why Jesus never sent me to church.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Simply by not sinning.
Could you answer me this one? What do you think is the key motivating factor for holiness in the life of a Christian.

A: Fear of the loss of salvation.

B: Gratitude and love for the price Jesus paid for us.

To help me understand how you relate to God, which of these two would you say is the foremost factor @TokiEl ?

P.s. I throw the same question out to other Christians too.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Could you answer me this one? What do you think is the key motivating factor for holiness in the life of a Christian.

A: Fear of the loss of salvation.

B: Gratitude and love for the price Jesus paid for us.

To help me understand how you relate to God, which of these two would you say is the foremost factor @TokiEl ?

P.s. I throw the same question out to other Christians too.
There is no recipe... it depends on the person.

I just do what Jesus says... because He is God.

TokiEl

Superstar
I was wondering if you would perhaps be clear and open about your motivations?
Well i thought i was... Jesus is God and so i do what He says. I hear Him and comply. Not because of this and that but because He is God.

Nice clip. Melissa with Midnight Hour Oil.

TokiEl

Superstar
No, I’m not.
The church doesn't recognize the difference between the spirit of devils and the Holy spirit... just like the pharisees. Perhaps you know what is said about blaspheming the Holy spirit ?

Lisa

Superstar
The church doesn't recognize the difference between the spirit of devils and the Holy spirit... just like the pharisees. Perhaps you know what is said about blaspheming the Holy spirit ?
I was talking about you and not the church. You don’t know the Bible like you think and you don’t know what you must do to be saved. People have been trying to tell you, like me, but you won’t believe us and stick to your own flawed beliefs.

TokiEl

Superstar
I was talking about you and not the church. You don’t know the Bible like you think and you don’t know what you must do to be saved. People have been trying to tell you, like me, but you won’t believe us and stick to your own flawed beliefs.
I am actually an authority on the Bible and you are just jealous.

TokiEl

Superstar
NO, @TokiEl, you are no authority on the Bible, and I’m not jealous in the least, you don’t really know the Bible.
I am an authority on the Bible and yes you are just jealous.

You are full of yourself and jealous and have nothing better to do than to post short snorts to me every other day.

God bless you.

Lisa

Superstar
No, sorry, you are no authority on the Bible, you have a very flawed theology and that is nothing for me to be jealous of. Can’t help but try to correct you...
Contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints Jude1:3

TokiEl

Superstar
No, sorry, you are no authority on the Bible, you have a very flawed theology and that is nothing for me to be jealous of. Can’t help but try to correct you...
Contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints Jude1:3
You should be sorry for snorting at me again. I don't want what you have. I don't do that.

Lisa

Superstar
You should be sorry for snorting at me again. I don't want what you have. I don't do that.
Snorting? lol! Correcting is what you should call it.
It doesn’t seem like you want to be saved...then who would be the Biblical authority, not you...

TokiEl

Superstar
Snorting? lol! Correcting is what you should call it.
It doesn’t seem like you want to be saved...then who would be the Biblical authority, not you...
No ! I don't want to be saved by you... who knows where i would end up.L0L