What makes a Conspiracy Theorist?

Hon33

Veteran
What specifically are you referring to please? Goebbel's purportedly antisemitic views, his methodology to take control of people's minds through the most thorough and sustained propaganda campaign of his time, or the propaganda itself which he was instrumental in spinning?

If it's the latter, does it really matter whether he believed it or not? We know exactly how it worked out, don't we?
I’m sorry. It was a stupid question. I was just thinking out loud.
If I’m honest, I have a brain injury and I’m very tired and confused by all of this and am obviously just not as capable of taking part in discussions like this, as I thought I was. Someone mentioned Occam’s Razor to me earlier and it’s true that sometimes the simple explanation really is the most probable one. I genuinely was just interested in hearing opinions and I underestimated how suspicious people might be of me asking that question. I didn’t anticipate that and maybe that was naive of me.
You asked me why I was afraid of the truth? I’m not. I just don’t share the same truth as others here. I honestly do appreciate the time you took to engage with me. Thank you. The question about Goebbels was stupid. I was just thinking about whether he would have acted the way he did whether he believed his own propaganda or not - whether he just really was not an evil person. You’re right however, it really doesn’t matter what the answer to that question is because he did what he did.

rainerann

Star
I think in its true form, what makes a conspiracy theorist is some form of oppression or experience with oppression. Most people who get labelled with this term have never really experienced this sort of thing.

I know some would disagree, but I would use someone like Leonard Horowitz as an example. He gave up a lot and isn’t even someone you would say is popular among people who might be considered conspiracy theorists.

outside of this, I think you could almost consider people conspiracy theorists the same way you could consider someone a republican or a Democrat. What I mean by this is that it is almost more like a political party if you are not someone who has to give up anything.

There is going to be a range of what this group has to offer because a lot of the time, people will study something that still serves the ego in some respect. So some people are going to become more developed and others will become more narrow minded the same way people do in politics, because there is some other motivation for their interest whether they want to admit it or not. They are not truly interested in the pursuit of helping others with their study of a certain subject.

So trying to understands what makes a conspiracy theorist is really no different than trying to understand what makes someone a republican or Democrat in some way. Politics finds its way into everything sometimes. I’m sure some people could even find a way to make a discussion about food political. Why this is might be so well understood at the moment, but I think it would illuminate an understanding of what creates divisions between people.

Maes17

Superstar
I think in its true form, what makes a conspiracy theorist is some form of oppression or experience with oppression. Most people who get labelled with this term have never really experienced this sort of thing.

I know some would disagree, but I would use someone like Leonard Horowitz as an example. He gave up a lot and isn’t even someone you would say is popular among people who might be considered conspiracy theorists.

outside of this, I think you could almost consider people conspiracy theorists the same way you could consider someone a republican or a Democrat. What I mean by this is that it is almost more like a political party if you are not someone who has to give up anything.

There is going to be a range of what this group has to offer because a lot of the time, people will study something that still serves the ego in some respect. So some people are going to become more developed and others will become more narrow minded the same way people do in politics, because there is some other motivation for their interest whether they want to admit it or not. They are not truly interested in the pursuit of helping others with their study of a certain subject.

So trying to understands what makes a conspiracy theorist is really no different than trying to understand what makes someone a republican or Democrat in some way. Politics finds its way into everything sometimes. I’m sure some people could even find a way to make a discussion about food political. Why this is might be so well understood at the moment, but I think it would illuminate an understanding of what creates divisions between people.
And with that said politics are the devil.
Politics are what drive good intentions to look bad.
To be misreported, misunderstood.

Take away the political aspect. I think possible solutions would take place

Maes17

Superstar
If I’m honest, I have a brain injury and I’m very tired and confused by all of this and am obviously just not as capable of taking part in discussions like this, as I thought I was. Someone mentioned Occam’s Razor to me earlier and it’s true that sometimes the simple explanation really is the most probable one. I genuinely was just interested in hearing opinions and I underestimated how suspicious people might be of me asking that question. I didn’t anticipate that and maybe that was naive of me.
You asked me why I was afraid of the truth? I’m not. I just don’t share the same truth as others here. I honestly do appreciate the time you took to engage with me. Thank you. The question about Goebbels was stupid. I was just thinking about whether he would have acted the way he did whether he believed his own propaganda or not - whether he just really was not an evil person. You’re right however, it really doesn’t matter what the answer to that question is because he did what he did.
Don’t feel stupid.
We all have our own perspectives here.

You sound like me in a way. Yeah I see things in a black/white issue, simple clear cut. Over complicating stuff always felt like a waste of energy for me. I tend to have a middle stance on things. Like now with the civil unrest going on. Some posters agree with the law, etc. and some posters feel police/rich people are evil or oblivious. So when I read. I try to put myself in the shoes of said poster and try to understand their meaning.

Hon33

Veteran
Don’t feel stupid.
We all have our own perspectives here.

You sound like me in a way. Yeah I see things in a black/white issue, simple clear cut. Over complicating stuff always felt like a waste of energy for me. I tend to have a middle stance on things. Like now with the civil unrest going on. Some posters agree with the law, etc. and some posters feel police/rich people are evil or oblivious. So when I read. I try to put myself in the shoes of said poster and try to understand their meaning.
In the past, I tended to over-complicate everything and it led me to be physically and mentally exhausted.
Since my brain injury, my thoughts tend to be much more black and white. It’s like my brain hasn’t got the energy to complicate things anymore. If there is a benefit to having had a brain injury, it is the lack of capacity for overthinking. I still do it a little but not so much.
I really cannot even tell you how challenging it is for me to think through all of the things people say to me here. I suppose part of the reason I read here, if I’m honest, is because it challenges me to think about new things even if I don’t agree with them. I don’t know if that makes sense?

polymoog

Superstar
I am also aware that a lot of things have happened and continue to happen in this world which are difficult to explain. There are elements to numerous events which just can’t be explained away. I know that and I don’t know the whys and wherefores behind them
everyone who is on this forum once wondered about the 'whys' and the 'difficult to explain' things. the difference between us and the rest of the general public is that, in general, we came across evidence that filled in those missing puzzle pieces on not just one event, but multiple events until, as freeman explained, a pattern emerged.
when we take a step back, all the patterns form a larger agenda and everything within your scope comes into a clear focus.

So my question in view of this is, why is it so difficult to convince some people of some kind of New World Order, while others embrace it more readily?
some people can keep an open mind. others have minds that are totally closed off, have an inability for critical thinking, and/or have cognitive dissonance.

my advice to you is to start with the basics. start with a good doc on 9/11, like 'september 11th, the new pearl harbor'. if you truly understand it, you might get very angry or upset knowing youve been deceived for such a long time. for you, i would go to the 'how big oil conquered the world' documentary next. both of those are thoroughly supported by documents, evidence, and testimony.
youll find that the people at the top have so much money they can influence public opinion and thought. at the very top, its really no longer about money. its about power and control when you are that rich.

there is a thread on recommended documentaries here-- browse the titles there.

Maes17

Superstar
In the past, I tended to over-complicate everything and it led me to be physically and mentally exhausted.
Since my brain injury, my thoughts tend to be much more black and white. It’s like my brain hasn’t got the energy to complicate things anymore. If there is a benefit to having had a brain injury, it is the lack of capacity for overthinking. I still do it a little but not so much.
I really cannot even tell you how challenging it is for me to think through all of the things people say to me here. I suppose part of the reason I read here, if I’m honest, is because it challenges me to think about new things even if I don’t agree with them. I don’t know if that makes sense?
Brain injury such as?
Concussions? I’ve suffered a few concussions in high school. Played ice hockey and football. I don’t think brain injuries are the scapegoat.

Don’t take this the wrong way. You seem to lose confidence when a poster doesn’t agree with you. You bring a unique perspective that I think is needed on conspiracy subjects.

free2018

Star
So my question in view of this is, why is it so difficult to convince some people of some kind of New World Order, while others embrace it more readily? Is it personality, experience, intelligence, culture, nationality...? Is there a middle ground?
Is there a middle ground?
No, there isn't anymore. They want to kill us off with a vaccine.
Most people who can't see governments are evil are blinded, and there is nothing I could ever say to change their minds. It's a spiritual thing.
Sometimes, I used to wish I was asleep. I no longer have such thoughts. I regret other things. I don't care what people think.
In 2020, I have been grateful every single fuckin' day for all the years and years of being a truther. I am not a theorist. The conspiracy is on the part of the evil vampires who run the debt-based shekel system.

Last edited:

Hon33

Veteran
Brain injury such as?
Concussions? I’ve suffered a few concussions in high school. Played ice hockey and football. I don’t think brain injuries are the scapegoat.

Don’t take this the wrong way. You seem to lose confidence when a poster doesn’t agree with you. You bring a unique perspective that I think is needed on conspiracy subjects.
I suffered a subarachnoid haemorrhage 18 months ago, due to a ruptured cerebral aneurysm. It kind of turned life upside down. Its pretty amazing that I have survived as in tact as I am and I’m eternally grateful for that. Nevertheless, it’s a challenge. I was very unfortunate that a lot of the bleeding I had was around the structures of the brain stem. It is a bit more risky at the time but if you survive it, you have a better outcome in terms of mobility etc.
What I’ve told you about the brain switching off etc - that’s completely true and characteristic of a major brain injury. After a major trauma like that to the brain, it has to work very hard to recover. The tiredness - even at this point - is absolutely overwhelming and the more tired you get, the more difficult it becomes to even process things. It’s like walking through quick sand on a foggy day.
My family and friends are astonished by the change in my thought processes. I was chronically anxious about everything. Now, I don’t have the capacity for that huge, overwhelming anxiety.
I don’t lose confidence here when people disagree. I lose confidence when I don’t understand what people are saying to me or they are trying to mock me. I have been left with some cognitive impairment as a result of my brain injury. That’s frustrating. I used to be able to read new information and understand it immediately. Now there are sometimes I read things and I can’t make myself understand it. I suppose when people make fun of me for writing something, it feeds into the insecurities I have. It reinforces the fact that I feel stupid. Is that ego? Maybe it is. I think it’s a pretty normal way to feel when your life has changed so much.
I can’t expect people to change the way they are for me though, so somehow I have to learn to deal with it. I thought I was ready to deal with it when I posted this thread but I’m not. To me, there is no worse behaviour than mocking someone when they are not in on the joke.

Yep, I probably need to put on my big girl pants and suck it up but I don’t really know if I want to. I don’t want to be the kind of person who tries to silence someone else because their views are different.
There are people here who try to control others peoples’ thoughts, in exactly the same way as those they are seeking to expose. I don’t understand it. Why won’t whoever it was who criticised me for citing an interview on the BBC, address the fact that Leslie Robertson is saying something completely different there than 9/11 truth seekers claim he said. Is that an unreasonable question to ask? It’s easier to dismiss the source of the interview than it is to say that the claim you made isn’t true. People want transparency but in turn their arguments aren’t transparent.
I can choose to live in fear believing nothing that I see is actually as it is, or I can try to get on with my life accepting that some things really are the way they are, while accepting that sometimes they aren’t. I don’t need to spend my life, seeking those things out or exposing them. I just try to live the best life I can live and I try to teach my children to do the same. I try to respect other people and in return I ask them to respect me. It’s not a big ask really. If there is an overarching organisation trying to desensitise me to evil in the world, they are not doing a good job. It’s always existed and it’s not going away. The potential for evil lingers inside all of us and we’re individually accountable for what we do about it.
Anyway, thanks for being kind. I actually really appreciate it.

Hon33

Veteran
Is there a middle ground?
No, there isn't anymore. They want to kill us off with a vaccine.
Most people can't see governments are evil are blinded and there is nothing I could ever say to change their minds. It's a spiritual thing.
Sometimes, I used to wish I was asleep. I no longer have such thoughts. I regret other things. I don't care what people think.
In 2020, I have been grateful every single fuckin' day for all the years and years of people of being a truther. I am not a theorist. The conspiracy is on the part of the evil vampires who run the debt-based shekel system.
I’m not sure most people don’t see that governments have the potential for evil and corruption. Maybe I’m crediting most people with intelligence they don’t have.
Sonce time began, elements of governments have behaved corruptly.
The only thing we disagree on is at what level that corruption exists. You don’t need an entirely corrupt government - you only need a few.

A Freeman

Superstar
In a way, we are all suffering from brain injuries, as we've been fed information that isn't true for our entire human lives, to the point that most have a difficult time discerning the truth from the lies.

There's really only one litmus test for everything: our Creator's Word, beginning with His Law, which defines what is right and wrong in His Eyes. Not the organized religions which only use and abuse His Name, but the actual instructions, guidance and warnings we've been provided, which make it possible to navigate this mine field we call Earth.

EVERYTHING that is happening around us has been prophesied, and is the direct result of our refusal to learn, keep and enforce the COMMANDments given to us to protect us from all of this evil and to set and keep us free. And before that statement is written off as religious zealotry, it should be noted that fear and faith (trust in our Creator) are polar opposites; i.e. where there is 100% faith there is no fear, and where there is 100% fear there is no faith (or reason and common-sense, which go hand-in-hand with faith).

Fear is a dark, human emotion based on pre-judging what MAY (or may not) happen. From the film "After Earth" the following quote spoken by Will Smith's character is spot-on.

"Fear is NOT real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination (Gen. 6:5), causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity. Do not misunderstand me danger is very real but fear is a choice."

The ultimate fear all humans share is the fear of bodily death. That fear is totally irrational because there are only two possible outcomes:

1) if we are truly spiritual-Beings/Souls (which is what we really are), when the body dies we simply move on, in which case there's nothing to fear; and

2) if we are not spiritual-Beings, but are "only human after all" (which is a lie we've been trained to repeat), then we cease to exist at the death of the human body, so again...what's there to fear?

And yet people spend their entire human existence from start to finish making decisions that are largely predicated upon their totally irrational fear of human death. Just as we are witnessing right now, on a global scale.

You asked me why I was afraid of the truth? I’m not. I just don’t share the same truth as others here.
Is there more than one truth? Or is that yet another lie we've been programmed to accept, so we can continue believing lies are truth and the truth is a lie?

To be perfectly clear, these questions are NOT being asked to accuse you of lying (which is how the ego/"self" will see it) but to encourage you, and others who may be reading this, to consider these questions very carefully, because they strike at the very core of the question you asked in your OP.

Mark Twain is quoted as having said: "it's easier to fool someone than to convince someone they've been fooled", The reason that's true is because the ego/"self" will always do whatever it takes to protect its turf/paradigm (maintain ego boundaries), lest it be forced to face the truth that it's been fooled.

We've all been fooled, or we wouldn't be here. The question is whether we want to continue to be fooled to maintain the illusion (lie) that we were correct (arrogance), or would we rather admit the truth we were wrong (humility) and learn how it happened, so we can avoid being fooled again.

I honestly do appreciate the time you took to engage with me. Thank you.
You're welcome.

The question about Goebbels was stupid. I was just thinking about whether he would have acted the way he did whether he believed his own propaganda or not - whether he just really was not an evil person. You’re right however, it really doesn’t matter what the answer to that question is because he did what he did.
Don't worry about the question. Focus instead on what Goebbels did to deceive the German people into giving up their means of self-defense and supporting Hitler's agenda.

There was the self-inflicted/false flag Reichstag fire, followed almost immediately by the draconian Enabling Papers/Act and the relentless disinformation campaigns/predictive programming, which in turn gave way to the disarming of the German people, culminating in WW2, which killed tens of millions.

This exact methodology was again witnessed in the U.S., when, on 9/11/2001 (11 September 2001) the U.S. carried out its own self-inflicted false flag, followed almost immediately by the first U.S. Patriot Act and a nearly relentless disinformation campaign on an unprecedented scale, which in turn has given way to dozens of attempts to disarm the American people, who are really the last nation on Earth with unfettered access to weapons. Weapons to defend themselves against a tyrannical government.

So if it seems like a waste of time to thoroughly research "conspiracy theories", then please think again, because this too will culminate in a world war. Only this time it will be billions that lose their lives in WW3. Lives that could be saved if only people would get rid of their egos, unite to do what is right in our Creator's Eyes, and help put an end to this injustice and oppresion once and for all.

Tidal

Star
Topic title- What makes a Conspiracy Theorist?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody can be one, in fact I'd like to have a shot at it myself, here goes..:)-

THE ALIEN IMMUNISATION PROGRAMME
Aliens have been planning to wipe out the human race for years with a plague, so they've been going round abducting people to check their DNA, and if they like what they see, they inject the abductee with an immunity vaccine, then let them go.
Then when they release the virus, billions die except for the immunised abductees who'll build a brave new world..:)

Hon33

Veteran

Anybody can be one, in fact I'd like to have a shot at it myself, here goes..:)-

Aliens have been planning to wipe out the human race for years with a plague, so they've been going round abducting people to check their DNA, and if they like what they see, they inject the abductee with an immunity vaccine, then let them go.
Then when they release the virus, billions die except for the immunised abductees who'll build a brave new world..:)
Tidal, sometimes when I read your posts, I am inclined to think that when the aliens came to earth to abduct people, they accidentally (or not so accidentally) took a human and left you behind;)

Tidal

Star
Tidal, sometimes when I read your posts, I am inclined to think that when the aliens came to earth to abduct people, they accidentally (or not so accidentally) took a human and left you behind;)
That's an interesting consp-theory mate, all I know is that I had a close encounter some years ago, (The Spalding Incident) and posted it here-

A Freeman

Superstar

Wasn't that an X-Files episode?

Tidal

Star
Since my brain injury, my thoughts tend to be much more black and white..

Good for you mate, things are black and white anyway..:)
Just stand like a rock among all the unreal chit-chat around you and think to yourself-

free2018

Star
I’m not sure most people don’t see that governments have the potential for evil and corruption. Maybe I’m crediting most people with intelligence they don’t have.
Sonce time began, elements of governments have behaved corruptly.
The only thing we disagree on is at what level that corruption exists. You don’t need an entirely corrupt government - you only need a few.
I have mostly met people who believe and trust in the government or in the system. And those who don't believe in the system, are probably chasing money in my experience.

Government supposedly means MIND CONTROL.

GUBERNARE= CONTROL
MENTE= MIND

I hear you, young person. The countries I have lived in are completely corrupt. The USA is completely corrupt for example. If the rulers are wicked, the land is wicked. Are there good people working for the government? Sure. Are they calling the shots? No.