What is your personal belief system?

King David

Established
Shalom! How do you like the Book of Daniel?
Yes, some have said that Daniel Chp 8-12 has already been fulfilled through Alexander the Great. This is a lie. Take a look at Daniel 12. If you like, you can read my first response to this thread, which will explain Daniel 12 and the True Messiah. Shalom :)

King David

Established
When I was a child, my parents would take me to church religiously. I was raised as a Christian up until my teen years. My mother told me I was more than welcome to believe in any religion, as long as it was positive for myself and others. So with that in mind, I ended up taking a little bit of each religion with me. Each religion carries enlightening teachings, such as "The Golden Rule," in Christianity, and "karma," in Hinduism. As I grew older, I've decided not to label myself under a specific organized religion system, but I've learned to respect each individual and their beliefs. I still have questions and curiosity about matters such as the afterlife.
Is there life after death? Does the God from the Holy Bible really exist? Do we reincarnate according to karma? If we reincarnate, will I ascend as a spiritual being or descend into a lower being? Will I have any recollection of this life? Will I ever see my family again? Does hell exist and will I be tormented there for eternity?
The only people that have the answer to these sort of questions are the dead, so I came to the conclusion that as long as you strive to become a better person, stay humble, help those that are in need and have a good heart, then there's no reason to worry about death.
One of my favorite quotes from the bible is, "No guilt in life, no fear in death."
Hey Eddie, where does the Bible say "no guilt in life, no fear in death?" Thanks! Shalom :)

King David

Established
Born Again Christian by faith. By I hope one day my actions will be more in line with my chosen beliefs.
Hey truthmaster! I've always been a little confused... Paul says "saved by grace through faith," (Eph 2:8) but "James" says "faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead." (James 2:17). I used to just talk around this point, but hearing your post, it sounds like you're not sure where you stand either... Ever noticed this contradiction before?

bbsion

Established
I still have questions and curiosity about matters such as the afterlife.
Is there life after death? Does the God from the Holy Bible really exist? Do we reincarnate according to karma? If we reincarnate, will I ascend as a spiritual being or descend into a lower being? Will I have any recollection of this life? Will I ever see my family again? Does hell exist and will I be tormented there for eternity?
I think your entire post was great. I only quote this part because I was going to share my point of view. :)

There most definitely is life after death. The God from the Bible does exist. As far as my understanding goes... there is no such thing as reincarnation in the sense that you do not come back to this earth as an animal or a different human. After death your spirit, which is specific to your identity will live on in it's original form until your body is resurrected. You will always be "you". You will have a recollection of this life. In fact, you will "review" this life and be justly judged according to your heart. You definitely will see your family again. "Hell" technically exists. However, after death does not consist of just Heaven and Hell. There are 3 differing degrees of glory and then outer darkness (which would be hell). Not many will make it to Outer Darkness... you've gotta be straight up evil. You do not sound evil to me. However, no evil deed will go unpunished. Which is why it's advisable to be a good, kind, and moral person.

mecca

Superstar
There most definitely is life after death. The God from the Bible does exist. As far as my understanding goes... there is no such thing as reincarnation in the sense that you do not come back to this earth as an animal or a different human. After death your spirit, which is specific to your identity will live on in it's original form until your body is resurrected. You will always be "you". You will have a recollection of this life. In fact, you will "review" this life and be justly judged according to your heart. You definitely will see your family again. "Hell" technically exists. However, after death does not consist of just Heaven and Hell. There are 3 differing degrees of glory and then outer darkness (which would be hell). Not many will make it to Outer Darkness... you've gotta be straight up evil. You do not sound evil to me. However, no evil deed will go unpunished. Which is why it's advisable to be a good, kind, and moral person.
You say that like you know.

bbsion

Established
You say that like you know.
Well, you know... ;) To be fair, I did preface it with "I was going to share my point of view." Doesn't change anything for me... but it usually will avoid an argument with someone who disagrees.

Thunderian

Superstar
Hey truthmaster! I've always been a little confused... Paul says "saved by grace through faith," (Eph 2:8) but "James" says "faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead." (James 2:17). I used to just talk around this point, but hearing your post, it sounds like you're not sure where you stand either... Ever noticed this contradiction before?
No contradiction. Paul is writing to Christians during the Church age, James is writing for Jews during the Tribulation, where salvation will depend on faith and works.

King David

Established
No contradiction. Paul is writing to Christians during the Church age, James is writing for Jews during the Tribulation, where salvation will depend on faith and works.
Hmm... That's an interesting interpretation. But why would James be speaking to a future church that hadn't even been formed yet? Isn't he in fact rebuking the existent church of the day? Closer examination of the entire letter reveals that's who is audience is. Besides, when exactly is "The Church Age? There are still churches today...

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Hmm... That's an interesting interpretation. But why would James be speaking to a future church that hadn't even been formed yet? Isn't he in fact rebuking the existent church of the day? Closer examination of the entire letter reveals that's who is audience is.
You might want to give the very first verse of the book a closer examination, because it tells us exactly who he is speaking to.

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

He is not speaking to any church, obviously, and why couldn't a God who dwells in eternity cause a book to be written for a group of people who wouldn't be along for a couple thousand years? There are prophecies in the Old Testament that are still to come to pass. Who were they written for, if not a people yet to come.

Besides, when exactly is "The Church Age? There are still churches today...
The church age started at Pentecost, and continues to the present day, which is why there are still churches.

King David

Established
You might want to give the very first verse of the book a closer examination, because it tells us exactly who he is speaking to.

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

He is not speaking to any church, obviously, and why couldn't a God who dwells in eternity cause a book to be written for a group of people who wouldn't be along for a couple thousand years? There are prophecies in the Old Testament that are still to come to pass. Who were they written for, if not a people yet to come.

The church age started at Pentecost, and continues to the present day, which is why there are still churches.
But the twelve tribes were already scattered even in those times...

King David

Established
But the twelve tribes were already scattered even in those times...
Something you may want to ask yourself too is why the NT was only written in Greek. Why would the entire NT be only written in Greek if it was from the Father? Why would greek be the base language for Yahuwah's (The LORD's) instruction for the end times, when His Kodesh (Holy) language is ancient Hebrew? Especially when ancient Hebrew will be revived and spoken again? Zephaniah 3:9

Thunderian

Superstar
Something you may want to ask yourself too is why the NT was only written in Greek. Why would the entire NT be only written in Greek if it was from the Father? Why would greek be the base language for Yahuwah's (The LORD's) instruction for the end times, when His Kodesh (Holy) language is ancient Hebrew? Especially when ancient Hebrew will be revived and spoken again? Zephaniah 3:9
I read the Bible in English.

VCsince09

I was raised Baptist, but around the age of 18 the idea of prayer, God, Jesus, and religion didn't really add up to me anymore. My beliefs are in limbo as of now, but I'm OK with living my life with no solid answer.

SkepticCat

Veteran
I am a Christian. I do not believe things are as simple as "the Bible is the literal Truth and that is all there is to be said", however. God works in mysterious ways.

I will never understand how one can be an Atheist.

The following is a quote from a post in the comments section of an article on this site:

"Prove that there isn't a God – put your money where your mouth is.Why on earth would God stop the pain and suffering and sins of this world if it was His decision alone to banish Lucifer and give man free will to live righteously or sin and/or repent etc. We are on trial in this life. We are allowed to be as bad as we like but we wont necessarily get away with it in the end. Nobody would have reached that end point to confirm or refute it's existence so logic dictates that we should err on the side of caution.
One thing I would say is that we are not just lumps of clay with brains though. We are esoteric beings. We come into existence through magical processes we will never really understand and when our souls travel onwards after death, we cannot really know exactly how all that will feel or what actual experiences await us. We are mysterious beings with a propensity to understand ourselves on a metaphysical level. Only God can give us the power to do this in a safe and dignified way without falling prey to d$mons and unscrupulous people, cult leaders and secret societies. Every single one of us. Not just those who can pay $$, or those considered intellectually adequate. Everyone."

Theodora

I wish I could say that I am a Christian, but I am not. Not yet. I believe with all my heart and mind that Jesus is God, that he died for my sins and that the meaning of life is to have a relationship with the One who created us for him in the first place. However, I feel that, through my own fault, I do not have a proper relationship with God, reasons not important. But I hope to have it soon. I feel that Jesus is patiently calling me, wouldn't want to miss that. :)

A.J.

Star
Hello, ex-Roman Catholic, now Presbyterian/Reformed Christian