What is your personal belief system?

floss

Star
Well believe it or not I've been a born again Christian most of my life, but found it lacking. Don't judge me...I didn't judge you. The post was about MY beliefs. Don't put your Christ on me. Kung Fu...yes. I'm also 42 years old...not a child. I also have a couple of degrees, lots of life experience, and have done the whole born again thing.
You were raised Catholics, that is not Christian. And you also say you are Buddhist? How is any of this Christian-like therefore I don't believe you were a true born again Christian. Im sorry just forget about this conversation. Moving on.

Thunderian

Superstar
What verses do you have to support that idea?
I think the following passage confirms this.

1 Corinthians 2:
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

I can attest that in my life, even after I was saved but not walking with God, there were parts of the Bible that I was blinded to. I think the basic message can be received, but there are deeper and nuanced spiritual messages -- personal speakings from God directly to you -- that are not available to those who aren't right with God.

Ever read a passage for the hundredth time and suddenly gone, "Wow, I never saw that before."? That's what I'm talking about. Jesus hid his teachings from the Pharisees, and the Holy Spirit will hide teaching in the Bible from unbelievers.

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
Maybe he's thinking of John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I said.
I think the following passage confirms this.

1 Corinthians 2:
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

I can attest that in my life, even after I was saved but not walking with God, there were parts of the Bible that I was blinded to. I think the basic message can be received, but there are deeper and nuanced spiritual messages -- personal speakings from God directly to you -- that are not available to those who aren't right with God.

Ever read a passage for the hundredth time and suddenly gone, "Wow, I never saw that before."? That's what I'm talking about. Jesus hid his teachings from the Pharisees, and the Holy Spirit will hide teaching in the Bible from unbelievers.
Ah okay, the way he phrased it threw me off. I have experienced it before though.

floss

Star
Ah okay, the way he phrased it threw me off. I have experienced it before though.
It made sense to me when I write it but could just be me and English is my second language. However that shouldn't really be an excuses. I'll try to phrase it better next time to avoid misunderstanding.

floss

Star
I can't speak for floss, but the idea that God hides things from unbelievers is certainly biblical.
That is my understanding why Jesus spoke in parables. I believed the Holy Spirit hinted me that there are hiddens meaning only born again Christians can understand... kind of mind blowing

Tatilina

Star
This is what I believe and this is what I still believed even while practicing Wicca, when I fully knew well that I shouldn't have been, but my mind was being hostile and rebellious towards God, I still believed this though.

The Supremacy of the Son of God

15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

21Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.