What is your #lifegoal?

Lisa

Superstar
Oh no! My older son is 19, younger 16.
My older son is in second year of Uni, did first year online. Because of limited subject options for that online degree and his hard work last year we decided to tighten our belts and he's now in the closest capital city's University. He is over 600 kms away from us.
I guess I misunderstood. Are your sons close? That's great he worked so hard, bet you're proud of him!

JoChris

Superstar
Be done with my studies
have a nice job and a family
travel the world

idek i just want a chill calm life
If you ever visit Australia, heed this warning.
Some countries have dangerous people, we have dangerous animals and often extreme temperatures in the outback.
When we lived outback 10 years ago we were often amazed at how little preparation foreign tourists made for their travels.

Lisa

Superstar
Some countries have dangerous people, we have dangerous animals and often extreme temperatures in the outback.
When we lived outback 10 years ago we were often amazed at how little preparation foreign tourists made for their travels.[/QUOTE]
I've read that it is dangerous in the outback, it's definitely a know before you go kind of thing.

Lisa

Superstar
They're pretty good together even though they're very different in temperament. The younger one is more of a nerd like me.
What about your kids?
I have a daughter and a son. My daughter is older, outgoing and likes everything but staying at home. My son is introverted and is a homebody. Keeping them both happy sometimes is challenging. They are both young adults and live at home, not quite an actual empty nester but it's not the same and it is an adjustment.

Thunderian

Superstar
I saw a thread on Reddit once that was titled: "Australians! What tried to kill you today?"

I think of it every time I hear something about Australia.

manama

Star
If you ever visit Australia, heed this warning.
When we lived outback 10 years ago we were often amazed at how little preparation foreign tourists made for their travels.
LOL my brother lives in austrailia
he told us of the horrors he faced when he went there for the first time to attend college

JoChris

Superstar
I have a daughter and a son. My daughter is older, outgoing and likes everything but staying at home. My son is introverted and is a homebody. Keeping them both happy sometimes is challenging. They are both young adults and live at home, not quite an actual empty nester but it's not the same and it is an adjustment.
I tell myself it would be boring if everyone was the same.
Are your children working or studying in any way?

JoChris

Superstar
LOL my brother lives in austrailia
he told us of the horrors he faced when he went there for the first time to attend college
Yes, foreigners research where you're visiting.
Just two days ago a young man was taken by a croc and grabbed by his friends just in time. Absolutely incredible he was so stupid as to take that dare. From memory Innisfail is about 100 kms south of Cairns.
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/breaking-news/qld-teen-recovering-from-croc-mauling/news-story/fe27b5f1f45d90983e26adadb5a681a6

Rule of thumb - Jellyfish and crocodiles in Northern half, sharks bottom half. Snakes and spiders everywhere.
Most important of all - beware of drop bears. My hubby said that visiting USA soldiers were looking quite concerned after that particular warning was given when being introduced to the area.

Lisa

Superstar
I tell myself it would be boring if everyone was the same.
Are your children working or studying in any way?
Good attitude!
Well my daughter wants to be a dr..or a nurse...or a dr, she was working in the emergency room but is a waitress for now as she wants to go back to school. And my son has a job and is thinking of going to school in the fall.

manama

Star
Just two days ago a young man was taken by a croc and grabbed by his friends just in time. Absolutely incredible he was so stupid as to take that dare. From memory Innisfail is about 100 kms south of Cairns.
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/breaking-news/qld-teen-recovering-from-croc-mauling/news-story/fe27b5f1f45d90983e26adadb5a681a6

Rule of thumb - Jellyfish and crocodiles in Northern half, sharks bottom half. Snakes and spiders everywhere.
Most important of all - beware of drop bears. My hubby said that visiting USA soldiers were looking quite concerned after that particular warning was given when being introduced to the area.
Aye people can stupid at times
In the hospital i work at, we had two tourists come in because while going to the himalayas they stopped on the way and ended up peeing on a bunch of snakes
it was really ugly LOL

Lisa

Superstar

What's a drop bear?

JoChris

Superstar
Good attitude!
Well my daughter wants to be a dr..or a nurse...or a dr, she was working in the emergency room but is a waitress for now as she wants to go back to school. And my son has a job and is thinking of going to school in the fall.
The nursing/ medical field would be challenging but very rewarding.
Does your son have an idea of what he's interested in?

Lisa

Superstar
The nursing/ medical field would be challenging but very rewarding.
Does your son have an idea of what he's interested in?
Yes, my daughter likes the medical field. My son doesn't know yet what he'd like to do.