What is the obsession with September 23rd? Rapture warning!?

phipps

Star
Matthew 24:36-44.

No One Knows the Day or Hour.

36 But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,

39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left.

41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.

Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.

Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Matthew 24:36-44.

No One Knows the Day or Hour.

36 But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,

39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left.

41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.

Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.

Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Can u stop polluting threads with redundant scripture quoting. And we can actually talk about the content of threads.

Also u private messaged me claiming I am in competition with u and the first thing u do is post in my thread ur usual rhetoric. There is no discussion at hand.

As u can see there were 2 questions in the title.
The prominent one being the obsession with September 23 rd.

phipps

Star
Can u stop polluting threads with redundant scripture quoting. And we can actually talk about the content of threads.

Also u private messaged me claiming I am in competition with u and the first thing u do is post in my thread ur usual rhetoric. There is no discussion at hand.

Its questionable when a professed Christian does not want to know what the Bible says about a subject and calls it, "redundant scripture quoting." How else are we supposed to know about Christ's return, how He returns, with whom and why? Its from His Word. So the scriptures are not redundant are they?

The "rapture" where people are going to disappear secretly is not biblical at all. The Bible does not teach anywhere that for example people will be walking down the street one day and suddenly their spouses disappear or that pilots of planes will disappear and the planes crash or the babies in the hospital all disappear. I will quote the inspired Word of God because that is how God wanted us to know all this information and it is not redundant, never will be.
- According to the Bible Christ is not returning twice the second time. He will be returning once. The teaching that Christ will be returning twice is dispensationalist teaching that is not based in the Word of God. Actually many dispensationalist teachers claim that the rapture is not really the "second coming" of Jesus at all. They say His coming is when Christ returns in power seven years after the rapture. But what a contradictory, confusing explanation that is! The fact is that there are many Scriptures that admonish Christians to wait and watch for the coming of the Lord. Only one. For example, James 5:7 says, "Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord." But why should Christians need to be patient until the coming of the Lord if there is to be a secret rapture to take them to heaven seven years before His coming? That doesn't make sense

- The Bible clearly tells us that Christ is coming the second time "for" the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, 1 Corinthians 15:51-53, Philippians 3:20-21). If He takes them before He comes back in glory, who will He be coming back for?

- He will return with all the angels from heaven for the saints, "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory” (Matthew 25:31) and the angels will gather all the saints and take them to meet the Lord in the air, "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other" (Matthew 24:31).

- Every eye shall see Him, "Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen" (Revelation 1:7).

- It will be very bright, “As the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be” (Matthew 24:27).

- It will be very loud, "The Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first” (1 Thessalonians 4:16). Christ Himself will make the shout of the voice of the archangel.

- Very importantly, Jesus does not touch the earth at His second coming. The saints meet Him “in the air.” So God’s people won’t be fooled by any report that says Christ is in, for instance, London, New York, Moscow, or anywhere else on the earth. False christs will appear on the earth and do miracles (Matthew 24:23-27), but Jesus will remain in the clouds above the earth at His second coming according to the Bible.

Hence why I posted scripture about no one not knowing the day or hour. We can't put dates on Jesus' return. So those who are obsessed with dates are wrong because only God knows when He will return. We do not know exactly when Jesus is coming, but according to the prophetic signs in Matthew 24, the books of Daniel and Revelation, and elsewhere in the Bible, we know He is coming soon.

Last edited:

~JC~

Veteran

looks like I made the right choice ignoring phipps a few weeks ago lol

phipps

Star
isn’t September 23rd, 2017 the fulfillment of revelation 12?
Revelation 12 is about God's church and its history till Christ returns. It talks about the woman which in prophecy represents a church. In Revelation 17 it speaks of a harlot that has daughters and fornicates with the kings of this earth. That woman is an apostate church, but in Revelation 12 the woman (the true Church) bears a Son (Jesus Christ) who is persecuted by the dragon (Satan). Its obvious that most of Revelation 12 is in the past except for the last verse that lets us know God's true Church will be persecuted by Satan till Jesus returns, "And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Revelation 12:17).

There are no dates that were or will be fulfilled as they are not mentioned specifically at all.

Last edited:

cyt456

Established

Revelation 12 is about God's church and its history till Christ returns. It talks about the woman which in prophecy represents a church. In Revelation 17 it speaks of a harlot that has daughters and fornicates with the kings of this earth. That woman is an apostate church, but in Revelation 12 the woman (the true Church) bears a Son (Jesus Christ) who is persecuted by the dragon (Satan). Its obvious that most of Revelation 12 is in the past except for the last verse that lets us know God's true Church will be persecuted by Satan till Jesus returns, "And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Revelation 12:17).

There are no dates that were or will be fulfilled as they are not mentioned specifically at all.
Prophecy can be two fold

I saw a lot of ppl saying it is made up by Jesuits during 1800s. Know more about jesuits https://rumble.com/c/DarknessIsFalling
I don't see Christ beating up his bride, church is not subject to god's wrath that's the world.

If it's mid trib u know when it's gonna be.

If it's pre wrath u get caught up then come back. Like a boomerang which is pointless.

Pre trib rapture is the only thing that make sense.

The second coming is a different event to harpazo.

Also if u follow the Joel 2:28 about dreams and visions. God wants us to hear the visions and dreams. He wants us to be informed. Rapture dreams are abundant. Dreams are important to prophecy.

cyt456

Established
I don't see Christ beating up his bride, church is not subject to god's wrath that's the world.

If it's mid trib u know when it's gonna be.

If it's pre wrath u get caught up then come back. Like a boomerang which is pointless.

Pre trib rapture is the only thing that make sense.

The second coming is a different event to harpazo.

Also if u follow the Joel 2:28 about dreams and visions. God wants us to hear the visions and dreams. He wants us to be informed. Rapture dreams are abundant. Dreams are important to prophecy.
every time people think there will be a special rapture where they get taken to heaven I think of peter the apostle. How he had to die for his faith.
in Mathew, the one left the one taken away part. Just like the days of Noah, the taken away one are the one died. The one left is the one survived.
But you can hold onto what’s you believe. No point in arguing

Quran.

Al-A'raf - 187
They ask you about the Hour (Doomsday), when will be its taking place (its decree). Say: “The Knowledge of it is only with my Lord. None can reveal its time except Him”. It was heavy for the heavens and the earth; it does not come upon you except all of a sudden. They ask you as though you are well informed of it. Say: “Knowledge of it is with Allah only”. But most of mankind do not know.

Al-Ahzab - 63
People ask you of that Hour (the Day of Resurrection). Say: “The knowledge of it is with Allah only”. And it is not made known to you. It may be that the Hour is near.

Al-Mulk - 26
Say: “This knowledge is only in the Presence Allah and I am only a plain warner (of Allah’s torment)”.

Lyfe

Star
I believe Gods people can still have dreams and visions, but unfortunately the false ones will always greatly overshadow the real.

I told myself I would never fall into the trap of youtube prophets and date setting ever again about 7 years ago when I was really into them. I was so convinced yet all of those people I once listened to lost all credibility over time.

I believe if there is a rapture it will be pre wrath and not pre trib. Why should we expect to be beamed up and spared suffering when there are Christians all over the world suffering and being persecuted and slaughtered? I read a book called tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand a while ago. It speaks of the thousands of Christians who suffered terrible fates being locked away for years in dungeons under the communism of the mid 1900s. We are not appointed to Gods wrath, but we are appointed sufferings and persecutions. I personally dont want to be beamed up just yet. I would like the chance to be an actual Christian and be a witness in the world's darkest time. Not just be beamed up when it all hits the fan.

There seems to be a warning or significance to sept 23 rd doesn't have to be rapture. May not be this year either.

I believe Gods people can still have dreams and visions, but unfortunately the false ones will always greatly overshadow the real.

I told myself I would never fall into the trap of youtube prophets and date setting ever again about 7 years ago when I was really into them. I was so convinced yet all of those people I once listened to lost all credibility over time.

I believe if there is a rapture it will be pre wrath and not pre trib. Why should we expect to be beamed up and spared suffering when there are Christians all over the world suffering and being persecuted and slaughtered? I read a book called tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand a while ago. It speaks of the thousands of Christians who suffered terrible fates being locked away for years in dungeons under the communism of the mid 1900s. We are not appointed to Gods wrath, but we are appointed sufferings and persecutions. I personally dont want to be beamed up just yet. I would like the chance to be an actual Christian and be a witness in the world's darkest time. Not just be beamed up when it all hits the fan.
But not all of the disciples were martyred. Plus there were raptured Elijah and Enoch. God loves a good foreshadow. Infact Noah's protection in the arc is literally the rapture foreshadowed.

I believe Christians will suffer persecution before rapture happens but the tribulation will be nothing like we have seen. It will be worse than communism camps.

I don't think u actually know what ur asking when u say u want to stay for it. I think most left behind will struggle to believe God has done this to them.