What Is The Most Overrated Movie?

Etagloc

Superstar
Several years ago I went through IMDB's top 250 movies list. I put together a list of the the movies I did not like from that list. http://www.imdb.com/list/ls004440819/. This was back in 2012 so I am sure there have been a lot more movies lately that would make the list!
That's funny, I was just thinking about making a post about American History X, citing it as overrated. Now I look at your list and see you also thought it was an overrated movie.

American History X and Fight Club are really two parts of a larger movie. What Fight Club promotes would logically end up leading to violence against minorities. Therefore, American History X, represents the expansion of that movie. It follows Fight Club to part of its logical conclusion. Fight Club doesn't show the racist violence whereas American History X makes it explicit. Those are both some very evil movies.

And if you like MK-Ultra and you think stuff associated with it is cool, either you're out of touch with reality or you haven't really studied MK Ultra and what it's about. I don't understand why people are on VC forums without understanding VC's basic message. Everyone, I think, should study Fritz Springmeier's work on MK Ultra and also should study Michael Hoffman's Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare book. These are two sources VC draws from. I do feel like if people are here, they should pretty much be in line with the basic premises of VC's research. We are dealing with Satanic stuff and if you find yourself drawn to Satanic stuff in a sympathetic way.... that's disturbing and I think you should be disturbed for yourself and others should be disturbed and see you as someone carrying a sickness... as that sort of thing is a sickness.

I also agree with you about American Beauty. That movie was disgusting and very immoral.

Screw it, American Beauty could be the third part of that meta-movie.

I was just talking yesterday to someone from Peru. A woman from Peru had to talked to me in Spanish about the Shining Path and with the man I was talking to yesterday we were also discussing the Shining Path.

If you are interested in Latin American history, you simply have to study guerrillas. They form a huge part of Latin America's history and whether you're talking about Mexico, El Salvador, Cuba (obviously), Peru, Guatemala, etc., you can't really discuss the history without discussing guerrillas. It's a recurring thing throughout Latin American history.

Both the people I was talking from Peru HATED the Shining Path. The guy yesterday said "nobody likes them". To my understanding, most Peruvians hate the Shining Path. The lady who was talking about them in Spanish had a visible look of disgust when she discussed them. The Shining Path were/are a communist guerrilla group.

The guy yesterday explained (I'm paraphrasing) "They started out with a good idea. The government was corrupt and they were against the corruption. That was good. But then from there they went to killing civilians and destroying stuff, like for example the power lines. They made it to where many ordinary Peruvians were unable to have electricity. And they would chop your head off if you disagreed with them. Many people fled the country and were horrified. They're terrorists."

I wouldn't say it was so much a particular idea but a certain consciousness- critical consciousness. The phenomena here is the perversion of critical consciousness. Now let me explain.

It's a basic formula. In the past I have called it the Marxist non-sequitur because the first example I know of is Marxism. It's really a perversion of what Socrates did and what he was about. Socrates developed critical consciousness. He was able to see through the absurdities around him and awaken peoples' consciousness. This led him to thinking and becoming a philosopher. Today, Slavoj Zizek continues that same, ancient tradition- he awakens people to the nonsense around them and tries to lead them to thinking better and making better decisions. Then you have Marx with his fundamental insanity.

Marx denounces society's absurdity. Okay, good so far.

1) Critical Consciousness (okay, right on! power to the people!)
then the non sequitur (that which doesn't follow)
2) Kill, destroy everything (huh, what???)

So you can see the fundamental absurdity of Marx.

1) Critical Consciousness
non sequitur
2) Kill, destroy everything

Shining Path

non sequitur
2) Terrorize the civilians we are supposedly liberating

Fight Club

non sequitur
2) Engage in violence for the sake of violence

American History X

non sequitur
2) Engage in violence for its own sake against minorities

American Beauty

non sequitur
2) Middle-aged dude has sex with his daughter's teenage friend while the movie applauds him

Dictionary.com, Non sequitur definition: "An inference or a conclusion that does not follow from the premises.".

Etagloc

Superstar
Also, can someone explain to me what Pulp Fiction is about? Why is it accused of being overrated? I've never seen it but I've heard bad things about it and I don't actually want to watch it.

Aero

Superstar
That's funny, I was just thinking about making a post about American History X, citing it as overrated. Now I look at your list and see you also thought it was an overrated movie.

American History X and Fight Club are really two parts of a larger movie. What Fight Club promotes would logically end up leading to violence against minorities. Therefore, American History X, represents the expansion of that movie. It follows Fight Club to part of its logical conclusion. Fight Club doesn't show the racist violence whereas American History X makes it explicit. Those are both some very evil movies.

And if you like MK-Ultra and you think stuff associated with it is cool, either you're out of touch with reality or you haven't really studied MK Ultra and what it's about. I don't understand why people are on VC forums without understanding VC's basic message. Everyone, I think, should study Fritz Springmeier's work on MK Ultra and also should study Michael Hoffman's Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare book. These are two sources VC draws from. I do feel like if people are here, they should pretty much be in line with the basic premises of VC's research. We are dealing with Satanic stuff and if you find yourself drawn to Satanic stuff in a sympathetic way.... that's disturbing and I think you should be disturbed for yourself and others should be disturbed and see you as someone carrying a sickness... as that sort of thing is a sickness.

I also agree with you about American Beauty. That movie was disgusting and very immoral.

I was just talking yesterday to someone from Peru. A woman from Peru had to talked to me in Spanish about the Shining Path and with the man I was talking to yesterday we were also discussing the Shining Path.

If you are interested in Latin American history, you simply have to study guerrillas. They form a huge part of Latin America's history and whether you're talking about Mexico, El Salvador, Cuba (obviously), Peru, Guatemala, etc., you can't really discuss the history without discussing guerrillas. It's a recurring thing throughout Latin American history.

Both the people I was talking from Peru HATED the Shining Path. The guy yesterday said "nobody likes them". To my understanding, most Peruvians hate the Shining Path. The lady who was talking about them in Spanish had a visible look of disgust when she discussed them. The Shining Path were/are a communist guerrilla group.

The guy yesterday explained (I'm paraphrasing) "They started out with a good idea. The government was corrupt and they were against the corruption. That was good. But then from there they went to killing civilians and destroying stuff, like for example the power lines. They made it to where many ordinary Peruvians were unable to have electricity. And they would chop your head off if you disagreed with them. Many people fled the country and were horrified. They're terrorists."

I wouldn't say it was so much a particular idea but a certain consciousness- critical consciousness. The phenomena here is the perversion of critical consciousness. Now let me explain.

It's a basic formula. In the past I have called it the Marxist non-sequitur because the first example I know of is Marxism. It's really a perversion of what Socrates did and what he was about. Socrates developed critical consciousness. He was able to see through the absurdities around him and awaken peoples' consciousness. This led him to thinking and becoming a philosopher. Today, Slavoj Zizek continues that same, ancient tradition- he awakens people to the nonsense around them and tries to lead them to thinking better and making better decisions. Then you have Marx with his fundamental insanity.

non sequitur

Shining Path

non sequitur

Fight Club

non sequitur

American History X

non sequitur

American Beauty

non sequitur
2) Middle-aged dude has sex with his daughter's teenage friend while the movie applauds him

Dictionary.com, Non sequitur definition: "An inference or a conclusion that does not follow from the premises.".
I know everything about Mk Ultra. Probably more than you in fact. And I don't think Mk Ultra is cool, but I can't imagine the type of person I would be... If I sat around and essentially complained about my own life constantly. Add in the fact that talking about Mk Ultra accomplishes nothing. Seriously, they will never stop making these movies. So what's wrong with enjoying them?

Etagloc

Superstar
"The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing." -attributed to Socrates

"The man who knows something knows that he knows nothing at all." -Erykah Badu

"And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know." -1 Corinthians 8:2

Aero

Superstar
Lol Ok sorry I don't know everything about Mk Ultra. I just know I've reached the rank of "King" in the monarch program.

Aero

Superstar
What does that mean?
It means I'm programmed to do very bad things. It means my handlers are high ranking government officials. But I don't like people thinking I'm some slave.

The truth about what I've been through is far more simple. Idk if it's the "Theta" programming specifically or what. But they basically stole part of my life, and I'm after them trying to get it back. They constantly have to dodge my rage, and divert it. And basically the rage from my stolen life wrecks shit bad.

TMT

Star
I think a edit of Titanic would make for a good movie. Some of the effects were amazing. But the story itself was terrible. But somebody liked it. I recall people going several times.
Im gonna just say it. Scarface to me is a terrible movie. This leads to many arguments with friends. Just my opinion. Imo its boring and the acting is terrible. It has a minute or two of goodness and the rest is a nap.
Oh yeah ScarFace is trash.

TMT

Star

non sequitur

Shining Path

non sequitur

Fight Club

non sequitur

American History X

non sequitur

American Beauty

non sequitur

Dude he didn't sleep with the girl in American Beauty and was murdered by a rabidly anti gay military officer. Did you even watch it?

Etagloc

Superstar
Dude he didn't sleep with the girl in American Beauty and was murdered by a rabidly anti gay military officer. Did you even watch it?
Okay, he fantasized about the underage girl and the movie showed her naked with him in a fantasy scene. Whatever. It doesn't really make a difference. I like how you have to attack something totally irrelevant instead of trying to hack at the main point. Anyways, quit stalking all my posts you obsessive person.

TMT

Star
Okay, he fantasized about the underage girl and the movie showed her naked with him in a fantasy scene. Whatever. It doesn't really make a difference. It makes me feel good that you have to attack something totally irrelevant instead of trying to hack at the main point.
I couldn't figure out what your point was. A lot of words but you said nothing.

non sequitur

Shining Path

non sequitur

Fight Club

non sequitur

American History X

non sequitur

American Beauty

non sequitur

Thank you; well said. I think everyone should read your post.

Okay, he fantasized about the underage girl and the movie showed her naked with him in a fantasy scene. Whatever. It doesn't really make a difference. I like how you have to attack something totally irrelevant instead of trying to hack at the main point. Anyways, quit stalking all my posts you obsessive person.
I also thought he slept with her, and forgot whether he was killed or not. The girl was the other biggest star of that movie, and there was all that imagery of her naked in bathtubs with rose petals. Basically I remember Kevin Spacey talking a lot and Mena Suvari posturing a lot. My point being, what you remember of a movie and come away with, may not be exactly what happened, but what left the greatest impressions on you.
Like in Pulp Fiction, for me, it was the cavalier approach to death in a couple of the scenes. Very Tarantino, obviously :rolleyes:
There are a LOT (**UNDERSTATEMENT**) of movies with that same treatment of death. It should be shocking, but it's not. They took away the shock value a long time ago.

polymoog

Superstar
some stinkers not listed so far which ive seen:

batman - the dark knight too dimly lit and too much flashing of violence on the screen.
forrest gump its a 6/10 at best. and jenny, exuse my french, is a whore.
good will hunting: hated it and anyone following my posts knows how i feel about that panface, minnie driver.
taxi driver: decent, but overrated at 8.1 on IMDB.
die hard: dull. great for couch potato meatheads.
trainspotting: not bad per se, but overrated.
fargo: boring as hell. its a 5/10, not an 8.1.