What Is The Most Overrated Movie?

W
I think the most overrated movie is Fight Club. That movie was psuedoprofound Nazi propaganda, brainwashing garbage. I hated that movie.

Roger Ebert felt where I was coming from: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/fight-club-1999

Anyways, that's my pick for most overrated movie. What's yours?
I loved Fight Club. Can you go into details analysing it plz? I want to know your perspective and give me a reason to watch it again ;) for educational purposes

I see a lot of people claiming John Wick is a great movie. I watched it the other night for free just to see what it is. I thought it was total crap. It was more like a video game. Even the worst James Bond movie was better.

minnie82

Superstar
I see a lot of people claiming John Wick is a great movie. I watched it the other night for free just to see what it is. I thought it was total crap. It was more like a video game. Even the worst James Bond movie was better.
Never watch the movie ,it's not my type

SomaticBanshee

Established
I’d have to put down The Godfather and most of the superheroes spectacles and the top gun movies and almost every Spielberg movie he ever made. They are all purely propaganda films, especially the superheroes movies.

minnie82

Superstar
I’d have to put down The Godfather and most of the superheroes spectacles and the top gun movies and almost every Spielberg movie he ever made. They are all purely propaganda films, especially the superheroes movies.
yes you're right about Top gun, very overrated and Tom Cruise too ..

Line

Established
Rosemary Baby.
Esther.
Exorcist.
Amytiville.
Let me in with Chloe Grâce Moretz from 2010 (Wow I realise I’m so old when it was back in the days when I was obsessed with vampires XD) I am a grandma :D

minnie82

Superstar
Rosemary Baby.
Esther.
Exorcist.
Amytiville.
Let me in with Chloe Grâce Moretz from 2010 (Wow I realise I’m so old when it was back in the days when I was obsessed with vampires XD) I am a grandma :D
Exorcist is very overrated and not scary at all , in my opinion

3fb0046a4b9ac6c361fb1cfda96a4469.jpg

Why is Fight Club objectively bad? Art is "Show, don't tell". You will only show the flat, we will see "capitalism" there if we will. If you put a "she's smiling because..." tag on Mona Lisa's face, it's not art.

I always thought the bit about the faux Ikea furniture was that Jack/Tyler has no personality and is soulless, so he buys cheap, bland, soulless junk to fill his apartment. Not about capitalism in that particular moment.

AdjeYen

Established
The most overrated movie? Hmm....You could say Scarface, Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars...But if you ask me, I'd go for Avatar.

minnie82

Superstar
Lord of the rings is another overrated movie, maybe because i don't like fantasy genere