What Is The Most Overrated Movie?

Aero

Superstar
No way Fight Club is the best. Roger Ebert totally missed the point of the movie. It's about Alter Egos. "Primal Fear" is a good one about alters too.

Right now my most overrated is probably "Rogue One". Idk it was just boring. And I love Star Wars, just didn't get why it was made into a snooze fest.

Etagloc

Superstar
No way Fight Club is the best. Roger Ebert totally missed the point of the movie. It's about Alter Egos. "Primal Fear" is a good one about alters too.

Right now my most overrated is probably "Rogue One". Idk it was just boring. And I love Star Wars, just didn't get why it was made into a snooze fest.
Fight Club is a terrorist movie. Ebert hated it because he understood it.

Rogue One, that's a new Star Wars movie? I didn't know a new one was out. It feels good to not be in touch with popular culture.

Aero

Superstar
Fight Club is a terrorist movie. Ebert hated it because he understood it.

Rogue One, that's a new Star Wars movie? I didn't know a new one was out. It feels good to not be in touch with popular culture.
Lol Roger Ebert has no depth. But I get it, neither does popular culture. And that's what made the movie a hit. Some people really are that dissociated with alter egos that act on their own. I guess it depends on if you consider an Alter ego a terrorist.

And don't bother with the New Star Wars film. There wasn't a single jedi in the whole movie

manama

Star
A woman I was with loved that movie. I did while I was with her, but it's actually terrible.
i heard so much good stuff about it but wasnt allowed to watch it because "its an old people movie" -my mother
When i did watch it though i didnt like it lol it was bad

TMT

Star
i heard so much good stuff about it but wasnt allowed to watch it because "its an old people movie" -my mother
When i did watch it though i didnt like it lol it was bad
Not allowed to watch it? Ouch. Always a bit disappointing when something doesn't live up to the hype.

For years I loved Fight Club; the ending was so perfect; the satire so satirical; Marla so post-modern; the soundtrack so addictive.... But then those MKULTRA associations kind of became blindingly apparent one day (dissociation, alter egos, programming of self and others, violence/trauma, soap made out of people...). (That Ebert review is hilarious, and pretty woke.)
Also that amazing Pixies song started to bother me.
For example (lyrics differ depending where you look):
With your feet on the air and your head on the ground...
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
If there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
Where is my mind? Where is my mind? Where is my mind? (Where is my mind?)
Way out
In the water, see it swimming

[Verse 2]
I was swimming in the Caribbean
Animals were hiding behind the rocks
Except the little fish
When they told me east is west trying to talk to me, coy koi

PS> fightclubpostersoap.jpg
Does anybody else see anything "different" about this poster? Like the soap position? :0

Verbal_Kint

Rookie
@ZsaZsaTheVigilant Great movie! Weird that the lyrics would change like that but then again, we each hear something different. Don't the better sites get verified copies of song lyrics? One would hope they do.... **singing** Animals were hiding behind a rock, Except for a little fish, And he told me this whale is tryin to talk to me, Goin goin, 'Where is my mind?'" I was so off. Now I feel bad for not 'knowing' the lyrics to one of my fav songs :(

Aero

Superstar
Hey if they are going to program me I guess I would rather it be with "Fight Club". More enjoyable than "The Wizard of Oz" at least.

Aero

Superstar
Damn, that movie was scary! :confused:
It messed with me as a kid. That's why I can't hate on "Fight Club" or really any other Mk-Ultra movie. In fact I like them, because I can relate.

bbsion

Established
Several years ago I went through IMDB's top 250 movies list. I put together a list of the the movies I did not like from that list. http://www.imdb.com/list/ls004440819/. This was back in 2012 so I am sure there have been a lot more movies lately that would make the list!

Wokejuan

Rookie
I think a edit of Titanic would make for a good movie. Some of the effects were amazing. But the story itself was terrible. But somebody liked it. I recall people going several times.
Im gonna just say it. Scarface to me is a terrible movie. This leads to many arguments with friends. Just my opinion. Imo its boring and the acting is terrible. It has a minute or two of goodness and the rest is a nap.