What is Preterism?

Dalit

Star
This was next on my YouTube feed since I sometimes watch Zachary Bauer and what in the world is preterism? Maybe I'm just tired, but wanted to see if you all had any insights. Why would someone think we're already in the millennial reign of Christ? Has He established His millennial reign as mentioned in Revelation on earth? I don't think so or He'd be here on earth right now, right? (that is in the flesh, not that He's not here) Slowly studying Revelation and all this theological talk is going over my head.

Don't feel you have to watch the whole thing, any of it, or part of it, yet here it is.

Do love Romans 11.

Edited after I watched it all or rather listened to it while cooking.

Definitely don't agree with Don Preston. Don't know if this is a common theological view or not, but I've recently thought that prophecy has past, current and future fulfillment. Jesus Christ existed before the foundation of the world (past). Lots of prophecy throughout the Torah and Tanakh about His 1st coming, most notably, imo, when YHVH told King Ahaz to ask Him for a sign, Ahaz refused, and YHWH told him about the Christ. He tells Ahaz who didn't even ask to know, who was afraid to ask of Him, even though He asked him to ask Him. But the 2nd coming isn't here yet. It can't be. Look at the world. It's pretty awful. And things are cyclical, so history kinda does repeat itself.

Last edited: