What Is Political Correctness And What Are Its Roots

Etagloc

Superstar
What is PC ideology, what is the substance of it?

I want to know because I want it to die to be honest. And PC police never stop and explain their ideology to you in frank terms. They won't explain their ideology then they want you to conform to it. It's dishonest.

Here's what you can do about political correctness: Just get over it. Who cares? It's just criticism, not actual censorship, so if you can't take it then go cry about it more because in reality is that's all you can do.

Etagloc

Superstar
Here's what you can do about political correctness: Just get over it. Who cares? It's just criticism, not actual censorship, so if you can't take it then go cry about it more because in reality is that's all you can do.
Actually I can do way more than that. I can analyze it and understand it and set my mind up to where it's not colonized by it.

Leviathan

Established
I think political correctness is where you have to walk on eggshells and choose your words very carefully in case you offend someone. They could even twist your words to mean something entirely different than what you intended to say. Basically, keep any and all opinions (especially regarding controversial topics) to yourself because odds are somebody somewhere will find it offensive. The only way not to offend someone is not to speak at all.

I personally think intention is very important. Sometimes people don't mean to hurt others, they just genuinely don't know any better. That doesn't mean you should call them an awful piece of trash but rather educate them.

mecca

Superstar
I personally think intention is very important. Sometimes people don't mean to hurt others, they just genuinely don't know any better. That doesn't mean you should call them an awful piece of trash but rather educate them.
True.

Violette

Star
Cultural Marxism is the theory that it is not economics that creates oppression but rather the nuclear family, traditional morality and concepts of race, gender and sexual identity. It's like traditional Marxism except the working class is replaced with women, minorities, and homosexuals. The goal of cultural Marxism is to cause a revolution by destroying Western culture and the sense of individuality. This is a good read:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-12/birth-cultural-marxism-how-frankfurt-school-changed-america

mecca

Superstar
The term “cultural Marxism” was coined by American sociology professor Trent Schroyer in his 1973 The Critique of Domination: The Origins and Development of Critical Theory, in which he identifies the Frankfurt School’s critical theory, as the origin of a “culture industry” that imposes “socially unnecessary constraints of human freedom” and ultimately, the social domination of the individual.
“As advanced industrial societies developed, the individual was more integrated into and dependent upon the collectivity and less able to utilize society for active self-expression.”​

But during the late 1990s, the meaning behind “cultural Marxism” became increasingly diluted and detached from its original context as many commentators began using the term as a catch-all for left-wing cultural criticism in their commentaries.

makeorbreak

Established
Political Correctness is defined as "the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against." The term, "political correctness" was termed the soviets in the late 1920's to explain how those within their system needed to be brought into the fold so their beliefs matched those of the party.
What does this mean?
First, if one perceives that someone is excluding, marginalizing or insulting them or others, they can sue or raise societal pressure against them. Perception is largely personal and totally bias in many cases. That makes it a weapon someone can use to their advantage.
Second, political correctness is the brainchild of a communist regime. That means it has no place in a free society. If you think something sounds good, always consider the source.
Consider this quote, "As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice." Sounds like something every Christian should feel good in believing, right? The speaker was Adolf HItler, not the world's greatest role model.

It's bollocks, but it's not nearly as bad as most people claim. With the exception of a handful of overly authoritarian leftists, most of its champions aren't saying you can't say certian things. Rather, you shouldn't.

And most of it's most militant opponents aren't really about freedom of speech, as much as they are upset it's not longer alright to be racist, sexist, and homophobic.

Personally, I'm a believer that everyone should be able to say whatever you want but if you come off as an asshole, expect people to call you one.

Aero

Superstar
Political correctness is a fundamental lack of understanding of the human psyche. It's simply a reaction. It's the main evidence for how people have been brainwashed into being unhealthy minded. It's the drive train on our cultures label making machine. Someone offended you? Slap a label on em. You disagree with someone? Slap a label on em!

These labels we give ourselves are destroying self expression. Like none of this shit is real, it's all a projection that is invalid. And it all goes back to Jung and what he taught about Psychology. There is real depth to every human mind, and we have been tricked, lead, and forced into these paths of shallowness.