What is heaven like & where is heaven according to the Bible?

phipps

Star
There seems to be a lot of confusion about the subject of heaven! People have many different ideas about what heaven is like. Some think it’s unreal or just a state of mind. The man on the street isn’t the only one confused. Prominent religious leaders expressed their ideas to the press. In the August 19, 1999 edition of SUN, Pope John Paul II dropped a bombshell by saying that heaven is not a physical place, that paradise is not what you think, and “God is not an old man with a white beard, but a Supreme Being with male and female qualities and that there are no pearly gates.” Dr. Deepak Chopra, a world famous spiritual teacher says, “Heaven is as real as spirit, and spirit is the only reality. . . . Because this spirit is within us all along, it is possible to create a ‘heaven on earth’ simply by turning within and becoming aware of our innermost selves.”

We need not depend on man’s theories and opinions, we have the Bible, our only safe Source of information on heaven. 2 Peter 1:19 calls this Source “the prophetic word made more sure, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place…”

phipps

Star
The Bible is clear on the following:

After Jesus was raised from the dead, He went to heaven. The Bible says: "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven" (Acts 1:11).

Prior to this Jesus told His disciples: "In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also" (John 14:2-3).

Last edited:

Daze

Superstar
we have the Bible, our only safe Source of information on heaven.
Pretending the Bible is the only source that describes heaven, and we both that know it is not. How can you call it safe when the Bible is constantly changed?

As i highlighted in another thread, recently there was 20,000 changes to the Bible. I mean at this point it is insane.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Surprise suprise... in a thread where Christians are talking about their own scripture, the ped-apologist arrives to agitate. What dingbat here refuses to acknowledge is that for Christians, the New (and for some, Old as well) Testaments ARE their only divine source of information.

Daze

Superstar
Surprise suprise... in a thread where Christians are talking about their own scripture, the ped-apologist arrives to agitate. What dingbat here refuses to acknowledge is that for Christians, the New (and for some, Old as well) Testaments ARE their only divine source of information.
Incase you missed it, he is saying that the Bible is the only source describing Jannah. Now if you're a Muslim like you claim, you should know that the Quran has a MUCH more accurate version of heaven.

Once again i am incredibly surprised ( /s ) how you side right up with mushriks against Muslims.

As you were munafiq.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
The OP wasnt remarking on Islamic theological materials. You just straight up showed yourself to start fitna. What do your precious hadeeths say about that?

Daze

Superstar
The OP wasnt remarking on Islamic theological materials. You just straight up showed yourself to start fitna. What do your precious hadeeths say about that?
LMAO. So now calling to the truth is fitna?

Tell us Tempo, does the Bible contain the most accurate description of heaven?

phipps

Star
Pretending the Bible is the only source that describes heaven, and we both that know it is not. How can you call it safe when the Bible is constantly changed?

As i highlighted in another thread, recently there was 20,000 changes to the Bible. I mean at this point it is insane.
Actually I know the Bible is the only true source that describes heaven. I disagree about the changes to the Bible too. I don't intend to have a discussion with you about it because you don't study the Bible and would not understand a lot of what I am posting and going to post later.

Last edited:

Daze

Superstar
I never made any such claim you disgraceful simpleton. I remarked that Christians are attempting to discuss their own scripture and here you are with your traveling drama salesman routine.
Nah, the Christians are once again trying to say they have the only truth when the vast majority of them worship a prophet, a man.

Tell us Muslim. When are you gonna start calling to the truth, instead of attacking it? Have you done anything what so ever that can be considered good for Islam in ONE of your 6,600 posts?

Here's your chance to highlight it munafiq.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
There seems to be a lot of confusion about the subject of heaven! People have many different ideas about what heaven is like. Some think it’s unreal or just a state of mind. The man on the street isn’t the only one confused. Prominent religious leaders expressed their ideas to the press. In the August 19, 1999 edition of SUN, Pope John Paul II dropped a bombshell by saying that heaven is not a physical place, that paradise is not what you think, and “God is not an old man with a white beard, but a Supreme Being with male and female qualities and that there are no pearly gates.” Dr. Deepak Chopra, a world famous spiritual teacher says, “Heaven is as real as spirit, and spirit is the only reality. . . . Because this spirit is within us all along, it is possible to create a ‘heaven on earth’ simply by turning within and becoming aware of our innermost selves.”

We need not depend on man’s theories and opinions, we have the Bible, our only safe Source of information on heaven. 2 Peter 1:19 calls this Source “the prophetic word made more sure, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place…”
Im going to bow out of your thread because Im not knowledgeable about your scripture. I just thought a Muslim should at least check dipstick daze so that yall could continue on with your discussion and ignore him. Any interaction with this fool is just giving the baby his bottle, but I thought to address him so yall could proceed and ignore him.

phipps

Star
Im going to bow out of your thread because Im not knowledgeable about your scripture. I just thought a Muslim should at least check dipstick daze so that yall could continue on with your discussion and ignore him. Any interaction with this fool is just giving the baby his bottle, but I thought to address him so yall could proceed and ignore him.
Thanks. I don't intend to discuss anything with Daze because we have no common ground at all. We will disagree on everything and that is not useful or helpful at all.

Daze

Superstar
Actually I know the Bible is the only true source the describes heaven. I disagree about the changes to the Bible too. I don't intend to have a discussion with you about it because you don't study the Bible and would not understand a lot of what I am posting and going to post later.
You're gonna bow out because i exposed you as the hypocrite you are. Tell us Mr Muslim. Really gonna let him believe he has the only truth when you KNOW worshipping Jesus will put him into the hellfire?

Come on Munafiq. Show us all what you're really about. Those who are upon the truth can see exactly what you're about.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Nah, the Christians are once again trying to say they have the only truth when the vast majority of them worship a prophet, a man.

Tell us Muslim. When are you gonna start calling to the truth, instead of attacking it? Have you done anything what so ever that can be considered good for Islam in ONE of your 6,600 posts?

Here's your chance to highlight it munafiq.
Go ask your fellow ped-apologists such as desert corpse flower and all the rest about all of my posts that they liked... before I exposed your ped-agenda racket. Theres your highlight reel lol But go do it in another thread because Im done with you here and so should everyone else be who wants to honestly engage with phipps about his topic of choice.

Daze

Superstar
Go ask your fellow ped-apologists such as desert corpse flower and all the rest about all of my posts that they liked... before I exposed your ped-agenda racket. Theres your highlight reel lol But go do it in another thread because Im done with you here and so should everyone else be who wants to honestly engage with phipps about his topic of choice.
Insults towards Islams prophet (saw) is all you have. What kind of Muslim are you?

You're not one at all and once i start to expose it, you immediately want to leave the thread? Come on munafiq, what do you have to hide?

The Quran says to send blessings upon the prophet while you do nothing but curse him.

The Quran calls the prophet a perfect example, yet you continually curse him.

Who knows the prophet better? You or Allah rabbul izza?

A complete and utter joke is what you are. Run away munafiq, run away.

elsbet

Superstar
FYI

This thread concerns the beliefs of the Seventh Day Adventists, which are based on the biblical interpretations of their prophetess, Ellen White (specifically, her visions and dreams).

White's biblical interpretations differ significantly from the interpretations of most Protestants; especially their concept of salvation and the end times (eschatology).

They do a good job on the exposure of catholic deception, though-- meaning the Vatican-- very good from a historical standpoint. I can't fault them there.

Major Differences

The Great Controversy
(E. White)
• • •

phipps

Star
Where is heaven?

The Bible does not tell us the exact location of heaven. We are told, however, that heaven is separate from the earth. As mentioned above, after His death and resurrection, Jesus left earth and had to ascend to heaven. Acts 1:2 describes Jesus being “taken up to heaven,” so we can be sure it is a physical place and that is in a different location, above us, outward from Earth.

The Bible also says, “The Lord looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men. From the place of His dwelling He looks on all the inhabitants of the earth" (Psalm 33:13-14).

And in Revelation, the New Jerusalem is described to be “descending” out of Heaven from God (21:10).

phipps

Star
Is heaven real?

Yes it is. The Bible tells us it is a literal place where God resides and rules the universe from. And the light of His glory fills the entire place. Daniel beheld the Ancient of Days seated on His throne, which appeared "like the fiery flame" (Daniel 7:9-10).

Jesus came from Heaven before He took human form on earth, and He returned to Heaven after His earthly ministry was completed (Luke 24:50-53; Acts 1:1-11). The Bible also tells us that Jesus in the heavenly sanctuary as our High Priest, "We have such an high priest … a minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man” (Hebrews 8:1-2). Jesus performs different roles as High Priest one of which is to make intercession for us. It says in Hebrews 7:25, “Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.” Christ goes before the Father pleading His blood on behalf of repentant sinners.

phipps

Star
There are angels in heaven

The Bible speaks about angels as representing the hosts over which God is Lord (Genesis 2:1, Job 38:7, 2 Chronicles 18:18). Angels surround God's throne and do His bidding too. David spoke of God's "throne in the heavens" and of His kingdom which "ruleth over all," with His "angels that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word," the "ministers of his, that do his pleasure" (Psalms 103:19-21). Angels keep all the extremely complex and mutually interwoven affairs of earth under heaven's control. In Ezekiel 1:15-21 and 10:9-16, the seemingly chaotic array of worldly affairs is likened to four wheels kept under the control of four living creatures, cherubim, who in turn are under the direction of God (Ezekiel 1:26, 28; 10:1, 5, 18-20).

phipps

Star
Heaven has solid real estate

Popular myths picture heaven as a fanciful place where spirits sit on clouds playing harps or float around in nebulous space. However, in John 14:2-3 the Bible says that Jesus is building mansions in heaven for those who accept salvation. The Bible says, "God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them” (Hebrews 11:16). This city is real as any other city in the world but more magnificent! Its called by the name “New Jerusalem” (Revelation 21:2).

In Revelation 21 we are told the measurements of the city and what materials its built from. The city is perfectly square. Its perimeter is 12,000 furlongs—equivalent to 1,500 miles. It is 375 miles long on each side! The walls are made of jasper and 144 cubits, that is 216 feet high. That is nearly 20 stories high of solid jasper. The city has twelve gates three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. The twelve gates are made of a single pearl each. There are twelve foundations decorated with every precious stone. the stones they are made of are jasper, sapphire, agate, emerald, onyx, ruby, crystallite, beryl, topaz, turquoise, jacinth and amethyst. Every colour of the rainbow is represented. The streets is of pure gold and will be like transparent glass. The city, with all of its precious stones, gold, and shimmering beauty, will be lighted with the glory of God. Its breathtaking majesty and purity is compared to “a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.”

Christ is preparing real buildings with real tangible materials for real people who will inhabit them.

Additionally, when Jesus went to heaven he told his disciples: "But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom" (Matthew 26:29). This means that in heaven real vineyards will produce real grapes.

The Bible even refers to heaven as a country (Hebrews 11:16). Before sin came into this world, the world was a physical paradise, a beautiful garden full of fruits, trees, and animals. Similarly, when sin is finally eradicated from this universe, we will get to live life as God originally intended for mankind when He first created the Garden of Eden not as spirits on clouds, but in a tangible, material Heaven.

Last edited: