What is God's name? -Updated

THANK YOU for the honesty, not everybody has that quality.
You’re welcome

I see you're mind is already made up,
Not necessarily. It’s more that you’re not addressing the hang ups I have presented to you. I’ve repeatedly said that hovah means mischief/disaster yet you yourself haven’t said anything about it

If you’re actually here to teach then you should hear your students out when they’re not accepting the information you’re giving because of certain issues. Then a good teach would help them resolve those issues. Not gloss over them to continue repeating theirself

your mind is pretty concrete we see.
As it should be since this world has tried to fill it with lies since birth

Then if we can't teach you or you can't learn something new then there's not point in arguing or going back and forth. End of discussion.
I specifically said that I didn’t come here for you to teach. And likewise you didn’t come to this website for me to teach you. Sorry if that ruffles your feathers....

Glad 2 know

Veteran
You’re welcome

Not necessarily. It’s more that you’re not addressing the hang ups I have presented to you. I’ve repeatedly said that hovah means mischief/disaster yet you yourself haven’t said anything about it
I did tell you but you either weren't paying attention or didn't care to understand my response

If you’re actually here to teach then you should hear your students out when they’re not accepting the information you’re giving because of certain issues. Then a good teach would help them resolve those issues. Not gloss over them to continue repeating theirself
If they don't like the curriculum then they won't learn it. No matter how much one tries to explain you don't like it, it's not happening. I'm not sure what it is that you want to hear or what you're after. ;)

As it should be since this world has tried to fill it with lies since birth
I'm sorry you've had in your life. Not everyone on here is trying to lie to you. A lot of us love God's truth and we stand by it.

I specifically said that I didn’t come here for you to teach. And likewise you didn’t come to this website for me to teach you. Sorry if that ruffles your feathers....
Ok then what are you here for? Explain. I'm here learning a lot of things and I'm thankful for that. It doesn't ruffle my feathers I just find it a waste of time arguing back and forth if you know what I mean.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Thank you for your kind words Glad 2 Know.
I had to look that up and this is what I found:
"..... it should also be noted that the Arabic word “Allah” contains a deep religious message due to its root meaning and origin. This is because it stems from the Arabic verb ta’allaha (or alaha), which means “to be worshiped.” Thus in Arabic, the word “Allah” means “The One who deserves all worship.” This, in a nutshell, is the Pure Monotheistic message of Islam."
for more: http://www.thedeenshow.com/what-does-the-word-allah-mean/

For myself, I follow what the Creator describes of himself in the Quran:

Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence.
Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep.
To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth.
Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission?
He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them,
and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills.
His Throne ( and dominance) extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not.
And He is the Most High, the Most Great.
[Al-Baqarah: 255]

and here 112:1-4:
You're welcome :) I really appreciate your post it's very insightful. The words about him are so beautiful.
Than you so much for taking the time to explain, I now know what it means in Arabic thanks to you. :)

YHWH = "I AM"

Exodus
3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, [when] I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What [is] His name? what shall I say unto them?
3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, "I AM" hath sent me unto you.

God has many titles The Almighty, Lord, God, the Creator, the Father, Allah, those are titles but obviously not his personal name. We all have our own personal names Sarah, John, Martha, Paul etc etc and our titles mother, father, sister, brother, teacher, chef, nurse, firefighter etc. What is God's name? It's not Elohim because that's the Hebrew word in plural for excellence, dignity and majesty. It's not Jesus either because that's the son of God. Jesus is a god but not God. If you've been taught God's personal name, please share with those that haven't learned it yet. Thanks

By the way I'm sure anyone that respects subjects that have to do with God, find it highly DISRESPECTFUL to joke around on the subject. It's not funny to joke around about God's name and I'm shocked you can joke about it with ease, no respect whatsoever.

God has many titles The Almighty, Lord, God, the Creator, the Father, Allah, those are titles but obviously not his personal name. We all have our own personal names Sarah, John, Martha, Paul etc etc and our titles mother, father, sister, brother, teacher, chef, nurse, firefighter etc. What is God's name? It's not Elohim because that's the Hebrew word in plural for excellence, dignity and majesty. It's not Jesus either because that's the son of God. Jesus is a god but not God. If you've been taught God's personal name, please share with those that haven't learned it yet. Thanks

By the way I'm sure anyone that respects subjects that have to do with God, find it highly DISRESPECTFUL to joke around on the subject. It's not funny to joke around about God's name and I'm shocked you can joke about it with ease, no respect whatsoever.
God is who He is. All the names of God in Scripture apply to His attributes. Allah The Muslim god, The LSD god and all other cults and religions who do not recognize the teachings of Christ and the apostles do not represent the God of the Scriptures.

Sound out the consonants.
Was still wondering how YOU knew without the consonants being there?

Ok then what are you here for? Explain. I'm here learning a lot of things and I'm thankful for that. It doesn't ruffle my feathers I just find it a waste of time arguing back and forth if you know what I mean.
You call it arguing while I call it discussing different viewpoints. Well I guess it can be arguing from one's POV when one starts accusing the other of freemasonry because they dont see the Name the same way as another, but other than that, Im just here for the discussion and to lay out what I've learned on a table and see how it stacks up with other people when put under scrutiny. When a person makes excuses or covers their eyes to what Im saying, I go forward. If a person can provide information that contradicts what Im saying, then I know that I its time to reconsider whatever that is. Im not here to "teach", convert, or convince anyone of anything.

When you say the Name is Jehovah and I say "but hovah means mischief disaster" and you dont respond to that point, then thats avoidance. When one says its "yah" and I say "but isnt that the name of an egyptian moon god?" and dont get a response, then thats also avoidance. No one has to answer to me or what I say, but at the end of the day if you can look up what someone is saying and find credibility to it, then thats all that should matter to a "truthseeker"

Last edited:

Beloved

Rookie
It’s definitely a waste of time when someone whips out Wikipedia links and attempts to define words in an ancient language with a modern English dictionary. It doesn’t take long for the amateurs and the unlearned to reveal themselves.

Zoe

Rookie
Revelation 19:12

12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.

Revelation 19:11-21 NIV

11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” a He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

17And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

19Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

I’m glad he has a name no one knows!!!
I look forwarded to finding out though!
^_^

It’s definitely a waste of time when someone whips out Wikipedia links and attempts to define words in an ancient language with a modern English dictionary. It doesn’t take long for the amateurs and the unlearned to reveal themselves.
So you can talk about my person but cant explain why your god shares names with an egyptian moon god? Go figure...

Beloved

Rookie
So you can talk about my person but cant explain why your god shares names with an egyptian moon god? Go figure...
You haven’t substantiated any claims you’ve made, yet you expect me to invalidate what you haven’t even validated? Where they do that at?

Last edited:
You haven’t substantiated any claims you’ve made, yet you expect me to invalidate what you haven’t even validated? Where they do that at?
Well actually you didnt say anything about Yah/Jah/Iah being a moon god needing substantiation. You just ignored it altogether. And thats fine. But when you come back throwing barbs (unnecessarily might I add since I kept it on the topic all thread without getting personal) then yea Imma say something about the name of your god being the same as the name of a moon god.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Well actually you didnt say anything about Yah/Jah/Iah being a moon god needing substantiation. You just ignored it altogether. And thats fine. But when you come back throwing barbs (unnecessarily might I add since I kept it on the topic all thread without getting personal) then yea Imma say something about the name of your god being the same as the name of a moon god.
Food for thought: Jehovah, Yahweh, Jah has always existed. Civilizations came about later, and so did beliefs and deities. It makes sense to think that someone stole God's original name and put it on this moon god just to disrespect or because they lacked imagination or originality. So many things that God has created have been taken and made part of satanic/pagan logos, rituals, emblems, deities, idols, icons, relics, etc.

DavidSon

Star
The name "Jahovah" did not exist until Europeans interpreted the Masoretic Hebrew translation. Another site about IEUE and wrongly interpreted names:

"The Encyclopedia Judaica, Volume 7, page 680, gives us a very important fact about IEUE’s Name.

IEUE: The personal name...written in the Hebrew Bible with the four consonants IEUE and is referred to as the ‘‘Tetragrammaton.’’ At least until the destruction of the First Temple in 586 B.C.E. this name was regularly pronounced with its proper vowels, as is clear from the Lachish Letters, written shortly before that date. But at least by the third century B.C.E. the pronunciation of the name IEUE was avoided, and Adonai, ‘‘the Lord,’’ was substituted for it, as evidenced by the use of the Greek word Kyrios, ‘‘Lord,’’ for IEUE in the Septuagint, the translation of the
Hebrew Scriptures that was begun by Greek-speaking Jews in that century.
Where the combined form ’Adonai IEUE occurs in the Bible, this was read as ’Adonai ’Elohim, ‘‘Lord God.’’ In the early Middle Ages, when the consonantal text of the Bible was supplied with vowel points to facilitate its correct traditional reading, the vowel points for ’Adonai with one variation__ a sheva with the first yodof IEUE instead of the hataf-patah under the aleph of ’Adonai__ were used for IEUE, thus producing the form YeHoWaH. When Christian scholars of Europe first began to study Hebrew, they did not understand what this really meant, and they introduced the hybrid name ‘‘Jehovah.’

Glad 2 know,

Jehovah is a Masoretic invention from the 8th-9th century AD. There's no scientific controversy on this issue.

Ok Stay stuck with your thought even though I already explained. No more to be explained since you're not here to learn
Well first, you never explained anything about hovah meaning mischief/disaster/ruin. Secondly, you cant get on me for "not being here to learn" yet when two people go further into explaining Jehovah being false than I did, you have nothing to say to them. As always though, it is what it is.