What has hook up culture done for you?

2samuel1427

Rookie
I want this to be a space where ppl can speak honestly about how hook up culture has effected their lives. I’m a virgin so I guess my opinion doesn’t really matter but I feel like hook up culture has done more bad than good, especially for woman. I’ve seen it really destroy some of the woman in my life, mentally and emotionally, in most cases causing anxiety and depression.

I feel hookup culture has created an environment where woman either a) feel pressured to engage in sexual acts oftentimes as a form of self harm, seeking validation, or forming an unhealthy relationship with sex or b) making woman feel weird/guilty/ashamed for abstaining from sex.

And for men I think it’s really destorted their view of woman. Like a lot of them really don’t want anything to do with woman or don’t see any purpose for them outside of sex. And being a virgin I know because as soon as they figure out your not giving it up they’re gone. Like just because I dont want to have sex doesn’t mean we can’t be cool, but they don’t even want to be your friend or get to know you, like there’s no point to them. They don’t want marriage or families, and I believe it’s because a lot of woman out here are selling themselves so short, there once was a time where a man knew he wasn’t going to get any sex if he didn’t put a ring on it. I believe men suffer emotionally from hook up culture too, I’m just not as familiar with it.

Another thing I don’t see anyone talking about is the std rates. I live in an area where there’s a 67% std rate. Like WTH!! A lot of ppl are running around carrying diseases knowingly and unknowingly and infecting ppl, it’s out of control. And now they’re talking about how some of these diseases are becoming antibiotic resistant and some Stds are mixing with other stds and creating new even more horrible stds. Like really!!

So let me know what y’all think and what some of your hook up experiences have been.

Be blessed!!

Vytas

Star
My generation hit their teens when movies like american pie were at their peak of popularity. And we followed what we were taught by hollywood to the letter. Chastity was some shameful thing, which we ought to get ride of asap . When we are young we are unaware how it's affects you mentally and spiritually and even physically . Hook up culture is a weapon against humanity. Because a person who is morally dead will not stand up against anything... he/she doesn't care...
Respect is lost between man and woman and both are viewed as objects. Indifference changes affection , egoism changes empathy. The fruits of hook up culture.
Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold MT 24-12.

Etagloc

Superstar
You want people to tell their hook up stories?!

Well...

Tbh... you see in my past.... I used to be serious about Civilization on XBox 360..... this is where it gets real crazy....

so... I hooked up my XBox 360..... to my TV.

Etagloc

Superstar
I'm pretty sure you avoided a lot of damage as a result - there are worse things than a keen interest in Xbox!
well.... you might think so.....

but a lot of damage was done. the odds were against me.

I was just one man.... up against like five cpu players.

The problem is I would develop catapults, and all this fancy technology....

while my opponents would surround me albeit less advanced technologically..... it was hard killing off their pikemen....

the battles were hardfought and I wasn't always the victor. a lot of good men lost their lives.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

while my opponents would surround me albeit less advanced technologically..... it was hard killing off their pikeman....

the battles were hardfought and I wasn't always the victor. a lot of good men lost their lives.
Genuine lol ;-)

2samuel1427

Rookie
You want people to tell their hook up stories?!

Well...

Tbh... you see in my past.... I used to be serious about Civilization on XBox 360..... this is where it gets real crazy....

so... I hooked up my XBox 360..... to my TV.
Not really hook up stories but how you feel hook up culture has effected you, but thanks for being sarcastic tho.

2samuel1427

Rookie
My generation hit their teens when movies like american pie were at their peak of popularity. And we followed what we were taught by hollywood to the letter. Chastity was some shameful thing, which we ought to get ride of asap . When we are young we are unaware how it's affects you mentally and spiritually and even physically . Hook up culture is a weapon against humanity. Because a person who is morally dead will not stand up against anything... he/she doesn't care...
Respect is lost between man and woman and both are viewed as objects. Indifference changes affection , egoism changes empathy. The fruits of hook up culture.
Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold MT 24-12.
Yeah the more I see the world stray away from God and the effects of that distance the more it proves to me that Gods design and instructions really are the only healthy way to live. But it’s extremely difficult to talk about or explain something like how hooking up with multiple ppl can pass on demons and mental illness to someone who doesn’t believe in God or spiritual things. It’s hard to get ppl to understand that just because you don’t believe in spiritual things doesn’t mean the spirit realm doesn’t effect you because it does.

Attachments

Maes17

Superstar

while my opponents would surround me albeit less advanced technologically..... it was hard killing off their pikemen....

Those bot enemies know what they are doing

Maes17

Superstar
And to stay the course. Wasn't affected by hook up culture personally.

Well my wife's granny hooked us up lol.
But hasn't messes with my confidence or outlook on women.

My outlook on relationships tends to take a big "wtf" moment when those in abusive relationships keep going back.

But that's an entirely different plane than hook up culture

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think the worst thing about hook up culture is that it turns the other person into a disposable means of sexual thrill, devoid of anything of commitment or relationship. It carves deep scars in the souls of those who use and are used by others. It crushes the gentle petals of vulnerability and intimacy in the greedy, fat fingers of lust. In short, it's selling yourself and others very short.

Vixy

Star
You are SO right!

An app in the phone and BAM! A new guy every night! Yup, I had a friend who was constantly on this, even while she slept! She would lay with her phone in her hand and every time it beeped, she opened her eyes and checked if it was some goodlooking guy.

She slept with guy after guy after guy (probably for validation) and I finally told her to please stop. She had then slept with 25 guys in a years time and a mutual friend of ours (guy) told me she had gotten a bad rep. He warned me bc if I hung out with her, I could get the same, he said. I believed him, guys talk.

One time we were at a bar and she told me she had a date there and saw him but that she couldnt approach him because the guy sitting by the table next to him, she had slept with too! Turns out they started talking to each other, this new guy and her prior lay and after a while the new guy left. :oops:

She got bitter. Every guy that would hit on me, she'd say "And what do you think HE wants?" With a look like "Bitch, do u really think he wants anything else with you than just sex?" And I've been in several serious relationships that lasted for years so I thought that I could get one again if I wanted to, but she couldnt because of her generations ways (she was younger than me) of only sleeping together. And the worst part is, she was right! Men dont go into relationships anymore, they just use women as sexdolls. Many of them arent even nice about it and mens views on women are destroyed because they're so easy.

She is now living in a gay relationship with her friend who also turned gay (I know) As if none of them could get a guy for something lasting so they took each other. And I see more and more of this. Women's given up on finding a man so they go for each other instead which is an adomination in my eyes. And so SAD! Yet, it's everywhere. Just last weekend I was at a nightclub with a friend of mine who sat down next to two pretty women. We started talking to them and one of them told me she was gay and I later understod her "friend" was her partner!

I dont bash the apps per sé because it's good for finding out the truth of how the genders see each other but ... The truth sure hurts. You can say it reflects how fucked up our society has become. The evil one really is in control.

Last edited:

2samuel1427

Rookie
I think the worst thing about hook up culture is that it turns the other person into a disposable means of sexual thrill, devoid of anything of commitment or relationship. It carves deep scars in the souls of those who use and are used by others. It crushes the gentle petals of vulnerability and intimacy in the greedy, fat fingers of lust. In short, it's selling yourself and others very short.
It’s almost like we were meant for marriage (and I’m saying that half sarcastically) but seriously like God knows why we shouldn’t do things before we figure it out ourselves. It’s sad that we always have to learn the hard way and even sadder because we’re literally destroying ourselves and the future generations in the process. I’m just amazed at how no one is talking about this subject. Do the ppl who participate ever stop and look at their lives and say, “hey, maybe free love isn’t such a positive thing and isn’t really doing us any good after all..”

Last edited:

2samuel1427

Rookie
You are SO right!

An app in the phone and BAM! A new guy every night! Yup, I had a friend who was constantly on this, even while she slept! She would lay with her phone in her hand and every time it beeped, she opened her eyes and checked if it was some goodlooking guy.

She slept with guy after guy after guy (probably for validation) and I finally told her to please stop. She had then slept with 25 guys in a years time and a mutual friend of ours (guy) told me she had gotten a bad rep. He warned me bc if I hung out with her, I could get the same, he said. I believed him, guys talk.

One time we were at a bar and she told me she had a date there and saw him but that she couldnt approach him because the guy sitting by the table next to him, she had slept with too! Turns out they started talking to each other, this new guy and her prior lay and after a while the new guy left. :oops:

She got bitter. Every guy that would hit on me, she'd say "And what do you think HE wants?" With a look like "Bitch, do u really think he wants anything else with you than just sex?" And I've been in several serious relationships that lasted for years so I thought that I could get one again if I wanted to, but she couldnt because of her generations ways (she was younger than me) of only sleeping together. And the worst part is, she was right! Men dont go into relationships anymore, they just use women as sexdolls. Many of them arent even nice about it and mens views on women are destroyed because they're so easy.

She is now living in a gay relationship with her friend who also turned gay (I know) As if none of them could get a guy for something lasting so they took each other. And I see more and more of this. Women's given up on finding a man so they go for each other instead which is an adomination in my eyes. And so SAD! Yet, it's everywhere. Just last weekend I was at a nightclub with a friend of mine who sat down next to two pretty women. We started talking to them and one of them told me she was gay and I later understod her "friend" was her partner!

I dont bash the apps per sé because it's good for finding out the truth of how the genders see each other but ... The truth sure hurts. You can say it reflects how fucked up our society has become. The evil one really is in control.
YEAH, How could I forget dating apps, they’re such a huge part of hook up culture. I’ve tried a couple but I could never get into it, I quickly realized that more than likely I would not find the kind of person I would be into on one of them and that 99% of the guys on there are looking to hook up and nothing more. The messages I got were either dick pics, sexually explicit, or just odd.

I mean the whole looking at one pic of someone then swiping is f’d up. Like all you’re doing is judging off of appearance and then their profile info is secondary, and it’s assumed that everyone is lying to make themselves sound good, so then it goes back to appearances being the only value a person has. Not to mention the apps are designed to be addictive, the swiping, the colors, the sound effect when you get a match. I was watching some documentary about it I forget the name, but they were saying that the apps are designed to behave similar to a game. Think about it, they’ve turned dating and courtship into an addictive game, where real humans are being effected. Love, validation, attention, sex are all very powerful motivators.

And unfortunately It sounds like your friend was a victim. As for her turning gay that’s a shame. But it just goes to show that men take woman as seriously as they take themselves. Woman are the gatekeepers for sex, if men knew they couldn’t get away with they wouldn’t be doing it. Woman are allowing themselves to be treated like sexdolls and I really wonder why.

Thank you so much for sharing!
Also, does anyone want to share any cyber dating experiences?

justjess

Superstar
I’m not really sure why this seems to be bothering some of you to the extent it does...

I never participated in hook up culture and it has had no bearing on my life, no one had a problem with it and it never held me back from anything.

The girls I know who participated the MOST and I mean shocking numbers of partners are all now at 30+ married with children. At the very least in long term monogamous relationships.

It’s a phase I suspect teens/young adults have gone through for eternity just made more visible and easy by current technology. The term “sowing wild outs” was created 100’s of years ago after all. People grow up, they mature and they move on. If it isn’t for you abstain from it, I did and like I said it didn’t negatively effect me at all.

Vixy

Star
YEAH, How could I forget dating apps, they’re such a huge part of hook up culture. I’ve tried a couple but I could never get into it, I quickly realized that more than likely I would not find the kind of person I would be into on one of them and that 99% of the guys on there are looking to hook up and nothing more. The messages I got were either dick pics, sexually explicit, or just odd.

I mean the whole looking at one pic of someone then swiping is f’d up. Like all you’re doing is judging off of appearance and then their profile info is secondary, and it’s assumed that everyone is lying to make themselves sound good, so then it goes back to appearances being the only value a person has. Not to mention the apps are designed to be addictive, the swiping, the colors, the sound effect when you get a match. I was watching some documentary about it I forget the name, but they were saying that the apps are designed to behave similar to a game. Think about it, they’ve turned dating and courtship into an addictive game, where real humans are being effected. Love, validation, attention, sex are all very powerful motivators.

And unfortunately It sounds like your friend was a victim. As for her turning gay that’s a shame. But it just goes to show that men take woman as seriously as they take themselves. Woman are the gatekeepers for sex, if men knew they couldn’t get away with they wouldn’t be doing it. Woman are allowing themselves to be treated like sexdolls and I really wonder why.

Thank you so much for sharing!
Also, does anyone want to share any cyber dating experiences?
But it just goes to show that men take woman as seriously as they take themselves. Woman are the gatekeepers for sex, if men knew they couldn’t get away with they wouldn’t be doing it. Woman are allowing themselves to be treated like sexdolls and I really wonder why.

Could not agree with you more. I am now teaching this to a new friend of mine who has the a similar problem, she swipes guy after guy but they never wants to go further with her because she lets them sleep with her from the start. She is slowly realising what I'm telling her. I wish they made apps to remind women of their value instead of draining them from it. Glad to see ONE awokened woman though! Power to ya!

I think it's a fine line between sexual repression which is bad, and sexual recklessness which is bad. The proverbial pendulum may have swung too far in one direction as a response to the sexual oppressiveness that governed society ( badly ) for thousands of years, but eventually we'll find the balance.

2samuel1427

Rookie
I think it's a fine line between sexual repression which is bad, and sexual recklessness which is bad. The proverbial pendulum may have swung too far in one direction as a response to the sexual oppressiveness that governed society ( badly ) for thousands of years, but eventually we'll find the balance.
I see what you’re saying. What makes you think we’ll find the balance and what is the middle ground?