What Happens when we die according to the Bible?

TokiEl

Superstar
Book, Chapter, verse? In my Bible. it's a commission of the 12.
Sure how about the Great Commission itself ?

Matthew 28 "And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

cfowen

Established
Sure how about the Great Commission itself ?

Matthew 28 "And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Here's your passage. I guess you forgot about vss 16-17
Matthew 28:16-20
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Like I said, the only people EVER commissioned to do the Great Commission were the 11 apostles. He even took them up into the mountsins where no one else could hear Him.

Book, Chapter, Verses?

TokiEl

Superstar
Here's your passage. I guess you forgot about vss 16-17
Matthew 28:16-20
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Like I said, the only people EVER commissioned to do the Great Commission were the 11 apostles. He even took them up into the mountsins where no one else could hear Him.

Book, Chapter, Verses?
In the Great Commission Jesus concluded by saying... I am with you always even unto the end of the world.

Well the eleven disciples are dead and the end of the world is not yet.

cfowen

Established
In the Great Commission Jesus concluded by saying... I am with you always even unto the end of the world.

Well the eleven disciples are dead and the end of the world is not yet.
"world" means age
He has their spirits.

None of this has anyhing to do with who was commissioned.
Only the 11 or 12 were commissioned, EVER

cfowen

Established
What happens when you die?

--When alive, those that are saved have God's Spirit within them, Eph 1:13 . The unsaved don't have God's Spirit within them.
--When those that are saved, die, the Spirit is returned to God, who gave it. Eccl 12:7.
--Both the saved and unsaved go to hades, the grave. There is no consciousness in the grave for either. The dead know nothing. Eccl 9:5
--The saved, although they are dead, are said to be asleep. Many verses for this sleep. The unsaved are never said to be asleep.
--The saved will eventually be resurrected in one of about 4 different mass resurrections, which occur at different times, for different callings
--The Resurrections for the saved - 3 Callings and the WTJ occur in this order, with maybe 1100 years between the 1st and the WTJ
-----(1) The present Gentile Church to the Highest Heaven - end of this 2000 yrs - maybe in about 46 years, 2064
-----(2) The all-Israel rapture plus few grafted in Gentiles from Acts - eventually occupy New Jerusalem - end of tribulation
-----(3) The Nation Israel - those that will occupy the New Earth (the Land) - from original promises to Abraham, Issac, Jacob, David
-----(4) White Throne Judgment - those saved with no Calling - New Earth - after Millennium is over
--The unsaved perish, are never resurrected, and are never heard from again. There is no second chance for the unsaved

HELL & HEAVEN
--Except for Christ, no one has EVER gone to the Highest Heaven. John 3:13. Every dead person is still in the grave, even David. Ac 2:29,34
--The concept of the "Christian Hell" is unknown in the texts. It is an unbiblical pagan belief that is found only in the man altered translations.
--The original meaning of the word, "hell" or "hel" was a covered place, as I have read. Therefore, in the 1611 KJV AV, hell meant the grave, a covered place. The modern versions have no excuse. Every instance of the word "hell" is a lie, when it's used to mean the FAKE place where our loving God tortures those who don't believe in Him, even though His Son died for all the sins of the world, including the sin of unbelief,
1John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

SOUL
Another fake pagan concept is that man HAS a soul. According to the pagans, this invisible immortal soul, about the size of your fist, separates from the dead body and goes either to heaven or hell. This is a man made contrived way to believe Satan's words in Gen 3:4, "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:" This was after God told Eve, "....for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Gen 2:17

Man does not HAVE a soul, Man IS a soul! The word nephesh, translated "soul" means "person", "life", or "creature", among other similar things. The first 4 occurrences of nephesh in the Bible refer to animals,, translated "creature" in Gen 1:20,21,24, and "life" (of creatures) in vs 30
Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
1Cor 15:45
"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul;...."

Since only Christ has every been resurrected, only Christ has immortality (at this point in time).
1Timothy 6:16
Who (Christ) only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting.

Also, concerning non-immortality.
Eze 18;4
"...the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

I strongly believe in soul sleep.
I, a living soul, sleep every night.

Last edited: