What happens when the internet vanishes?

Maes17

Superstar

I was reading this article about how the C virus will impact attendance for films in theatres. This reminded me of what you had wrote.

"It is a very good time to be Netflix. Sure, the streaming giant is carrying billions of dollars in debt, faces new rivals armed with more fully stocked intellectual-property arsenals and lower price points, and possesses an Oscar trophy case that remains sparsely populated. But with the coronavirus spooking the global film industry in new and terrifying ways every day, it is not hard to imagine that just that many more moviegoers will decide to avoid the multiplex this year, and wait out the outbreak by bingeing Love Is Blind. COVID-19 may not be Netflix’s ultimate saviour, but it just might kill the traditional movie business as we know it."

BTW, No Time to Die, the new James Bond film starring Daniel Craig, would abandon its early April global release in favour of a debut later this fall.:mad:
And for the most part. Here we are. Theater-less.

As for the internet. I’m thinking surveillance. Especially during covid lockdowns.

I wonder if opened states will shut down again?

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
And for the most part. Here we are. Theater-less.

As for the internet. I’m thinking surveillance. Especially during covid lockdowns.

I wonder if opened states will shut down again?
I read yesterday some theatres will open slowly, at least in Canada.

They need the internet to know what we are thinking. Data mining and surveillance is key.

They are planning a second wave for the fall, so yeah, open states may shut down. It's all about control.

imsickofyoshi

Established

They need the internet to know what we are thinking. Data mining and surveillance is key.

They are planning a second wave for the fall, so yeah, open states may shut down. It's all about control.
You think they may do it again even after they said they wouldn't? I hope not but I'm pretty sure they didn't go through all this covid trouble for nothing. They may have something else up their sleeve.

Maes17

Superstar

Yep.

Now we’re looming of a possibility of a 2nd shutdown. Gonna be an interesting summer

Tidal

Star
I first got on the net in 2003 aged 55, and I managed just fine without it for all those years, so did everybody else..:)

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
You think they may do it again even after they said they wouldn't? I hope not but I'm pretty sure they didn't go through all this covid trouble for nothing. They may have something else up their sleeve.
They just want us distracted with all this manufactured racial and civil unrest so they can bring in martial law, just in time for the 2nd wave.

free2018

Star
I was just thinking about this when I started having Internet and cell service trouble.

free2018

Star
Are there outages where you live?
Yeah, the internet went out here and the phones went out. ATT and T-Mobile were not working properly.
The outages happened in the City and the rest of NYC. I think it was nationwide.

justjess

Superstar
Yeah, the internet went out here and the phones went out. ATT and T-Mobile were not working properly.
The outages happened in the City and the rest of NYC. I think it was nationwide.
Nothing out here in the sticks. It does seem to be widespread.. possibly targeted idk

Johnny5

Veteran
Yep it was nationwide for T-Mobile at least. I didn't get messages for about 5 hours. Then they came flooding in at the same time.

justjess

Superstar
Yep it was nationwide for T-Mobile at least. I didn't get messages for about 5 hours. Then they came flooding in at the same time.
My sister in law is in Brooklyn... she called us earlier. Maybe they don’t have T-Mobile idk. We don’t have T-Mobile but I saw it was effecting all the carriers to some extent in some areas

Johnny5

Veteran
Interesting. The article I saw just mentioned T-Mobile and I am on their network by proxy and experienced the outage. Not saying it was bad having my spy device remain quiet all afternoon though. Lol

Now I just saw your thread about the outage @justjess .