What happens when the internet vanishes?

justjess

Superstar
I feel so bad for these kids.. I really do. My son calls his friends all the time “let’s go to the park and play ball” and there all like “nah man I’m good I’m playing video games/watching YouTube” - it’s pathetic.

If I wasn’t on his a$$ to get outside he probably wouldn’t even call

justjess

Superstar
Neighbors suck. People have a tendency to call cos for nothing and waste time and resources that could be better utilized elsewhere. I’ve worked at cps in two different states - one liberal, one swing (but mostly conservative). Kids playing outside unsupervised wouldn’t have been a problem in either.. except under very limited circumstances - like a busy road (highway) no fence and a very young or disabled child. Even then it wouldn’t have resulted in more than a conversation unless it was a repeat situation.

morita

Veteran
I was a teenager when the internet became omnipresent, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to have a real childhood where I would play outside and play sports. No wonder more and more kids are becoming obese nowadays.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I don't believe the internet will go away, except for some countries that deem it as a threat or limit it in one way or another.
The internet is far too useful as a data mining /surveillance/propaganda tool of the cabal to do away with.
Global commerce is also far too dependent on the internet. Plus, if the trans-humanist crowd have their way, we will all have the internet wired directly to our brains soon, hence all the super hero films in the last 20 years or so. It's here to stay.

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
I don't believe the internet will go away, except for some countries that deem it as a threat or limit it in one way or another.
The internet is far too useful as a data mining /surveillance/propaganda tool of the cabal to do away with.
Global commerce is far too dependent on the internet. Plus, if the trans-humanist crowd have their way, we will all have the internet in our brains soon, hence all the super hero films in the last 20 years or so. It's here to stay.
I agree.
It is a tool of control and surveillance. They have made us all reliant on it, and they are watching us, and one day they will put usb sockets into our heads.

One thing I thought about coronavirus.
Lots of comments aboit how clean the air is now in wuhan.
Drones making deliveries.
People working from home via the internet.
Doctors consulting via the internet.

The coronavirus will make us more reliant on the internet. These new ways of doing things will become the norm.
Lockdown will be permanent.

Cintra

Star
Why do you
believe that?
Because that is what they would like.

People marked and coded and placed in boxes like amazon products.

Maybe because the response to the virus is far greater than its apparent threat.

Or maybe I am just weirdly paranoid about stuff.

Maes17

Superstar
I feel so bad for these kids.. I really do. My son calls his friends all the time “let’s go to the park and play ball” and there all like “nah man I’m good I’m playing video games/watching YouTube” - it’s pathetic.

If I wasn’t on his a$$ to get outside he probably wouldn’t even call
My son has two really close friends. Although they play video games. They also go outside and do stuff away from technology too. We’ve also became friends with his friends parents and try to create a special bond that’s brewing with our kids. Something that’s lacking because of tech. At least that’s how we feel

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Because that is what they would like.

People marked and coded and placed in boxes like amazon products.

Maybe because the response to the virus is far greater than its apparent threat.

Or maybe I am just weirdly paranoid about stuff.

But permanent means forever. Surely you don't believe we will all be prisoners in our homes forever.

Cintra

Star
But permanent means forever. Surely you don't believe we will all be prisoners in our homes forever.
Slowly.
Our freedoms will be chipped away bit by bit.
In the name of our safety, our climate, our convenience.

And why go anywhere when you are plugged into a virtual world? Where the people you know on the internet are more significant to you than the people who live on the next street?

When they make self driving cars, they will say that for safety all cars will need to be like that.
Then they will make it so that the 'car' decides where you can and cannot go.
Like a chinese social credit system, all done on the internet.

And once we are all reliant on it, they can turn it off at any time.

Probably won't come to full fruition in my lifetime, but yes. In my opinion, that's the way it is heading.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Slowly.

And why go anywhere when you are plugged into a virtual world? Where the people you know on the internet are more significant to you than the people who live on the next street?

When they make self driving cars, they will say that for safety all cars will need to be like that.

Probably won't come to full fruition in my lifetime, but yes. In my opinion, that's the way it is heading.
That clarifies things. I now understand what you mean.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Slowly.

I was reading this article about how the C virus will impact attendance for films in theatres. This reminded me of what you had wrote.

"It is a very good time to be Netflix. Sure, the streaming giant is carrying billions of dollars in debt, faces new rivals armed with more fully stocked intellectual-property arsenals and lower price points, and possesses an Oscar trophy case that remains sparsely populated. But with the coronavirus spooking the global film industry in new and terrifying ways every day, it is not hard to imagine that just that many more moviegoers will decide to avoid the multiplex this year, and wait out the outbreak by bingeing Love Is Blind. COVID-19 may not be Netflix’s ultimate saviour, but it just might kill the traditional movie business as we know it."

BTW, No Time to Die, the new James Bond film starring Daniel Craig, would abandon its early April global release in favour of a debut later this fall.:mad: