What good is a good god, when people want an evil god?

What good is a good god, when people want an evil god?

The Gnostic Cathars thought themselves to be a peaceful good man religion and basically the only good non-violent Christians.

History is showing that that was true. That is due to the fact that they did not war against other religions the way the other Christians of those days did. As Christians and other religionists will attest, and usually don’t, that all the religions in those days were war like and war loving. They gorged on blood and shit.

Most except for esoteric ecumenist Gnostics, who warred with their mouths, instead of inquisitions, jihads and holy wars.

Gnostics knew how to live in peace, but as history has shown us, the good die young and the evil grows threw murder and corruption. Hurray for the mainstream religions.

Gnostic against Gnostic is nice because, as esoteric ecumenists, we respect each other as doing what Jesus taught and that was to seek god perpetually, but never find him. Jesus was from an old school single eye shaman or guru training in Egypt, knowledge seekers and not god worshipers; and told us to look to our emotions as well as our minds for the best rules and laws to live by.

We know what those best laws are but do not implement them; because they lead to piece and people want the drama of war.

You are not following a good god, you are following man’s law and Trump shows how badly all of man’s laws are working.

We have all put the god of money above all the gods except for the most evil gods that man has created.
The Yahweh and Allah twins.

We have no choice in this thanks to our oligarch masters.

The Yahweh and Allah twins cannot possibly exist. He would certainly punish such a flagrant insult. Instead, the twins hide. Being made in our image, god is quite insecure. That is what being good does, as the good know that when people want a powerful god, that basically means that they are evil as well, as they are to emulate god. A genocidal god who kills when he can cure.

We follow secular law and not god’s barbaric laws.

We look for security in dollars and war and not god’s power.

Secular law is teaching us better morals and ethics than religions.

God should capitulate because he has lost the war.

We have all put another god above all the gods.

Religions die hard. Laïcité is cushioning the blows as gently as it can but too many religionists will still die. Unless the world goes esoteric ecumenist like Jesus was.

It is too bad that we all want gods of war instead of a god of peace.

Do you have any idea as to how to mitigate that bias?

It might be written in our selfish gene and wanting an evil god might be good.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
Thanks for taking the time away from your god who cures when he could kill.
Oh wait, that's Jesus. Yahweh is the one you follow and he kills when he can cure.
I know you don't see a difference but the dead do.
Regards
DL
I feel like I’m talking to the emperor in Star Wars...lol! Have a good day Bishop and I hope someday you can feel peace and not bitterness.

Btw...is this you?
To all……

At times like these I am reminded of a quote from one of my very favorite poems, the poem “Morte D’Arthur” by the Victorian Poet Laureate, Alfred Lord Tennyson…….

King Arthur has been mortally wounded and lays dying, the last of the Knights of the Round Table is wracked with grief as his king lays dying……and they say to each other….

…..” Then loudly cried the bold Sir Bedivere:
“Ah! my Lord Arthur, whither shall I go?
Where shall I hide my forehead and my eyes?
For now I see the true old times are dead,
When every morning brought a noble chance,
And every chance brought out a noble knight.
Such times have been not since the light that led
The holy Elders with the gift of myrrh.
But now the whole ROUND TABLE is dissolved
Which was an image of the mighty world;
And I, the last, go forth companionless,
And the days darken round me, and the years,
Among new men, strange faces, other minds.”

And slowly answer’d Arthur from the barge:
“The old order changeth, yielding place to new,
And God fulfils Himself in many ways,
Lest one good custom should corrupt the world.
Comfort thyself: what comfort is in me?
I have lived my life, and that which I have done
May He within Himself make pure! but thou,
If thou shouldst never see my face again,
Pray for my soul. More things are wrought by prayer
Than this world dreams of. Wherefore, let thy voice
Rise like a fountain for me night and day.
For what are men better than sheep or goats
That nourish a blind life within the brain,
If, knowing God, they lift not hands of prayer
Both for themselves and those who call them friend?
For so the whole round earth is every way
Bound by gold chains about the feet of God.
But now farewell. I am going a long way”………

-Excerpt, Morte D’Arthur, Alfred Lord Tennyson

Take care of yourself Baron, pour a good measure of brandy and know that she stands right behind you.

God Bless and Godspeed Baron,

Regards, DL
Alberta, Canada

Lisa

Superstar
god obviously isnt good if he willing to sacrifice his begotten son for the sins. Really read the bible individually before u listen to false prophets whom think they kno god or jesuschrist!
What should God have done then?

Lisa

Superstar
Um...."god" IS evil. He was never, ever the "good guy."
Is the sky evil? Are animals evil? Are trees evil? How about carrots, are they evil? The oceans, the mountains, are they evil? God created them all. The tides come in and out and works in tangent with the moon. Our planet is perfect for life on it. It has air that we can breathe...
Is your body evil..the one that breaths for you and the heart that beats without you having to remember for it to. How about the body that fixes itself, get a cut..it heals. Is all that evil too? Because God made you.

What should God have done then?
well wen uve become a mature grown brain, then u will
I see..so you don’t know what He should have done then?
I am getting to like you girl.

As a mature brain, and excellent apologist, is this where you say what Jesus would say; that Yahweh was justified in killing instead of curing, when you and Jesus know that a good god would cure instead of kill. If he could.
He cannot because he is a figment of your imagination.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
Tell us please; If a blood sacrifice does not stay dead, is it really a blood sacrifice?
If Jesus went to hell and god cannot abide sin, Jesus cannot be god. Right?
Regards
DL
He bled and was dead 3 days and more importantly God accepted it. He is still God and is sitting at the right hand of God.

As a mature brain, and excellent apologist, is this where you say what Jesus would say; that Yahweh was justified in killing instead of curing, when you and Jesus know that a good god would cure instead of kill. If he could.
He cannot because he is a figment of your imagination.
Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins it’s a big deal to sin against God.

So it is you...I thought so!

Tell us please; If a blood sacrifice does not stay dead, is it really a blood sacrifice?
If Jesus went to hell and god cannot abide sin, Jesus cannot be god. Right?
Regards
DL
Hi DL, Christ never went to hell. The Scripture that most misunderstand is in 1Peter 3:18-20. The correct understanding is that Christ (through Noah) preached to those (who at that time) were disobedient while the long suffering of God waited in the days of Noah (for them to repent) While the Ark was being prepared. Noah preached the Gospel for a hundred years before the flood. When Christ gave up the His Spirit, He was in paradise for three days.(Luke 23:43)

JoChris

Superstar
Anti-theist Troll Monk the Cathars believed in an afterlife, reincarnation, heaven and hell as well.

From PRO Cathar website: http://www.cathar.info/cathar_beliefs.htm#heaven

They had high moral standards as well. http://www.cathar.info/cathar_beliefs.htm#elect

Do you live an ascetic, moral, celibate life like the genuinely moral Cathars?
Are you a vegan [fish excepted]?
Do you do penance for sins?
Etc etc.

P.S. do you really think a house of politics forum is going to give two hoots about religion?
http://www.houseofpolitics.com/threads/what-good-is-a-good-god-when-people-want-an-evil-god.20180/

You must be bored. Why don't you take up a musical instrument as a hobby instead?

Last edited: