What good is a good god, when people want an evil god?

elsbet

Superstar
What good is a good god, when people want an evil god?

The Gnostic Cathars thought themselves to be a peaceful good man religion and basically the only good non-violent Christians.

History is showing that that was true. That is due to the fact that they did not war against other religions the way the other Christians of those days did. As Christians and other religionists will attest, and usually don’t, that all the religions in those days were war like and war loving. They gorged on blood and shit.

Most except for esoteric ecumenist Gnostics, who warred with their mouths, instead of inquisitions, jihads and holy wars.

Gnostics knew how to live in peace, but as history has shown us, the good die young and the evil grows threw murder and corruption. Hurray for the mainstream religions.

Gnostic against Gnostic is nice because, as esoteric ecumenists, we respect each other as doing what Jesus taught and that was to seek god perpetually, but never find him. Jesus was from an old school single eye shaman or guru training in Egypt, knowledge seekers and not god worshipers; and told us to look to our emotions as well as our minds for the best rules and laws to live by.

We know what those best laws are but do not implement them; because they lead to piece and people want the drama of war.

You are not following a good god, you are following man’s law and Trump shows how badly all of man’s laws are working.

We have all put the god of money above all the gods except for the most evil gods that man has created.
The Yahweh and Allah twins.

We have no choice in this thanks to our oligarch masters.

The Yahweh and Allah twins cannot possibly exist. He would certainly punish such a flagrant insult. Instead, the twins hide. Being made in our image, god is quite insecure. That is what being good does, as the good know that when people want a powerful god, that basically means that they are evil as well, as they are to emulate god. A genocidal god who kills when he can cure.

We follow secular law and not god’s barbaric laws.

We look for security in dollars and war and not god’s power.

Secular law is teaching us better morals and ethics than religions.

God should capitulate because he has lost the war.

We have all put another god above all the gods.

Religions die hard. Laïcité is cushioning the blows as gently as it can but too many religionists will still die. Unless the world goes esoteric ecumenist like Jesus was.

It is too bad that we all want gods of war instead of a god of peace.

Do you have any idea as to how to mitigate that bias?

It might be written in our selfish gene and wanting an evil god might be good.

Regards
DL
Catholic 'leadership' has been killing people for centuries. That's what they do. They are not Christians though-- they're Catholics.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
more so, god cannot be this good man if he is willing to give satan power for over 1,000 years....why do the good have to wait to recieve the inheritance of the kingdom of god and the evil get it just like that....if u have a morsal of balls in those brains of theirs....please correct themselves of the harsh realities they will face regarding jesuschrist !
I think you may have been talking with some mixed up Christians @awakening101

Adam and Eve gave Satan power in the beginning - their choice and our inherited state.

I believe Satan will soon be bound for 1000 years. After that he will be released and allowed to make his case to the people who have grown up through and enjoyed the Millennial reign of Jesus. Even with all these advantages, people are still people and many will rebel and join him for his final (and ultimately unsuccessful) mutiny against God.

more so, god cannot be this good man if he is willing to give satan power for over 1,000 years....why do the good have to wait to recieve the inheritance of the kingdom of god and the evil get it just like that....if u have a morsal of balls in those brains of theirs....please correct themselves of the harsh realities they will face regarding jesuschrist !
Who are we to tell God what to do...Just look at the world of man....it is a disaster when left to man him self. Animals are more humane than people. The loosing of Satan is to show man, that without God...man is doomed to himself. God is going to destroy this creation and all men that want to follow Satan's principles. He is grieved He made man because everything in his heart is continually evil. But to those who believe by faith, will be saved. The wisdom of the wise (prideful) of this world is death...beware of flattery.

elsbet

Superstar
Yahweh is the one you follow and he kills when he can cure.
For example.. ?

This, and your issue with predestination (to which you have alluded), seem keep you perpetually bent-- however, you fail to expand beyond "... blah blah genocidal prick."

Maybe you have explained somewhere else, to someone else, but so far-- each thread seems like a pep rally organized by you for team Atheism (not Gnosticism). If you offered something of substance, you might get better results.

Just saying.

Wigi

Veteran
Secular law is teaching us better morals and ethics than religions
Secular laws failed to prevent two world wars

God should capitulate because he has lost the war
Why God should capitulate anything ? Satan is defeated.

You are not following a good god, you are following man’s law and Trump shows how badly all of man’s laws are working.
But you basically said above that secular laws (aka man's law) are all better and less 'barbaric' compared to God's guidelines in the Bible including 'you shall not kill' from the ten commandment.

I'm now confused by your statement.

Your main point is dumb. With or without religion you will always have tyranny/injustice in this world..therefore war and bloodshed becomes necessary to achieve a more lasting peace and establish justice.

I thought gnostics understand that the material delusion is the primary enemy?
If there is a force that pushes the material delusion onto us (eg capitalism) and brings mass destruction of natural habitats and spreads pollution...do you do nothing or fight against it?

Gnostics died because they didn't fight. They allowed evil to overcome good (from their pov) by being passive In the face of persecution.

Your main point is dumb. With or without religion you will always have tyranny/injustice in this world..therefore war and bloodshed becomes necessary to achieve a more lasting peace and establish justice.

I thought gnostics understand that the material delusion is the primary enemy?
If there is a force that pushes the material delusion onto us (eg capitalism) and brings mass destruction of natural habitats and spreads pollution...do you do nothing or fight against it?

Gnostics died because they didn't fight. They allowed evil to overcome good (from their pov) by being passive In the face of persecution.
Your viewpoint of Gnostic ideologies seems far too materialistic and literal. To me it seems that the Gnostics generally understood that viewing the outer physical illusion as "the enemy", as you put it, is actually counter-productive. The reason is that it encourages the conscious intellect to attach itself more strongly to the props of ego identity and its associated doubts and anxiety instead of avoiding these roadblocks through simple contemplation of abstract philosophical concepts, which is an action that places us "in the moment" and, contrarily, immerses us fully in the material illusion so that we may temporarily set aside those stage-props of the ego identity. This action also gives instructions to the subconscious that can more easily be subsequently forgotten on a conscious level in order to avoid self-sabotage of the intended purpose. The gnostics seemed to understand that our physical nature is merely a spontaneous materialization of our inner reality, thus too much conscious focus upon changing the inner reality only places the intellect's doubts and fears into a self-reinforcing feedback loop, resulting in the physical materialization of "more of the same". I hope this makes sense. It's not the easiest concept to grasp.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
"God" made me....? No. That was my mother's egg and father's sperm. Invisible sky daddy had nothing to do with that!
That was the spark that began you, but the Bible says,
PSALMS‬ ‭139:13‬ ‭
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb.
‭‭​

Robin

Veteran
An interesting philosophical question then - would you erase the good from the world in order to prevent the evil?
Sorry for the intrusion - but yes. Greater access to knowledge of the state of humanity can be cripplingly depressing. I think many times that it would have been better if none of this existed in the first place.

Lisa

Superstar
He messed us up by creating us.
When reading Genesis 1, God creates the earth and everything in it, He calls it good. He creates everything to go well together. The earth with night and day, the waters and the land then the plants, animals and man.

On the sixth day God saw all that He has made and called it very good. Part of that very good was creating man in His image. He gave us a job to do ruling over the earth and everything in it and He also gave us each other, man and woman to be together.

God only had one caveat which He told the man...”don’t eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil or you will surely die.” That was it the only thing they were not to do and they were even told what would happen when they did.

Everything seemed to be going very well until they ate the fruit...so I can’t agree with you that God messed up when he created us.

Lisa

Superstar
Sorry for the intrusion - but yes. Greater access to knowledge of the state of humanity can be cripplingly depressing. I think many times that it would have been better if none of this existed in the first place.
It’s a forum, anyone can say what they like. :)

You would want to miss out on all the good of life? Because there are really good things in life too.