What Does This Marilyn Manson Quote Mean To You?

The Zone

Star
I am going to give you some tough love, Dan. I told you this before but will again. The only person who has control over your plight is yourself. If you give it the extra effort which is needed you can make life better. But you cannot continue to do things which do not work for you. Buck up, man. Try harder and be persistent and you can earn your way out of the hole. You have to let go of vices if there are some and try a new way. The only escape you have is change and wallowing in self pity will get you absolutely nowhere.

JoChris

Superstar
20+ years of pure frustration makes one nasty.
I do understand how personal pain can lead to severe anger and bitterness. I have a tendency towards the same myself. I had a dysfunctional childhood as well, a lot less extreme as yours though. I am hypervigilant of anyone who reminds me of a certain family member/my ex-boyfriend.

However I had to make the decision whether to keep justifying the rage and hatred eating me away. This is where my Christian faith made all the difference. I knew I did not have the inner strength to change that pattern of thinking (according to modern psychologists etc.) by myself. It is a disease of the will, not merely the mind.

JoChris

Superstar
You know, I say fuck everyone. All out to fuck you up, or steal your glory, or fuck your mind, or fuck your life, or take your mind... the list goes on and on and on... fuck the rich, too. Not saying they're all bad but they are equally fucked up like the rest of the species. Fuck the human race. Let it be nuked. The remaining will have many a good bedtime story.
I certainly do not fit that mould. I doubt any of the regular contributors - including yourself- do either.
I have known a few well-off (definitely not super-rich!) people and they just want a happy, relatively peaceful life like the rest of us.

Dan

Veteran
I certainly do not fit that mould. I doubt any of the regular contributors - including yourself- do either.
I have known a few well-off (definitely not super-rich!) people and they just want a happy, relatively peaceful life like the rest of us.
Thanks for saying the reverse. God knows I need it. Too much evil in this warped brain. Should write in my diary, really, rather than attack people on this site. Self-centered hate...

Thanks for the kind words, which is more than what I can do.

JoChris

Superstar
Thanks for saying the reverse. God knows I need it. Too much evil in this warped brain. Should write in my diary, really, rather than attack people on this site. Self-centered hate...

Thanks for the kind words, which is more than what I can do.
You need to have a balanced diet, including what you feed your mind. It is unhealthy to have too much of any extreme. :)

Dan

Veteran
You can buck the trend. You have some morals. You have a strong sense of injustice and unfairness in this world. What can you do to put that trait into good practice, to help others?
Kind words. I wish I knew. Lost soul.

Dan

Veteran
You need to have a balanced diet, including what you feed your mind. It is unhealthy to have too much of any extreme. :)
I always do the extreme. Too much or too little. Maybe the source of all agony. Hell on earth.

JoChris

Superstar
I always do the extreme. Too much or too little. Maybe the source of all agony. Hell on earth.
It is time to look at that trait from the glass half-full viewpoint.
Passion can be like a fire. You know the saying "fire is a good servant but a terrible master".
When you learn to use that trait constructively you could do a lot of positive things in your world. Most people are way too apathetic these days.

Dan

Veteran
It is time to look at that trait from the glass half-full viewpoint.
Passion can be like a fire. You know the saying "fire is a good servant but a terrible master".
When you learn to use that trait constructively you could do a lot of positive things in your world. Most people are way too apathetic these days.
Always half-empty. Pessimist. But I can use that to an advantage through creation. Life seems a constant toil, drag and a bore. I want the joy and pleasure, though it eludes me.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
God mod... my real father is or was a shit. Father in heaven is a fantasy to me. I don't believe in fantasies, man-made constructs, or outright lies. I believe in a higher power, yes. I don't think it loves anything. It is a hard road for all.
We once had a dog that had been mistreated. Every time I would raise my hand to scratch my ear he would cower in fear thinking I was going to hit him. We all extrapolate from experience. Don't let a bad earthly father keep you from a good heavenly one, Dan.

JoChris

Superstar
"too apathetic" Yes. It seems the street people aren't even human. I get no looks or reactions. Might as well jump around naked, lol.
It really isn't anything personal. People (especially from big cities) are normally way too busy and self-involved to interact with strangers.

Dan

Veteran
It really isn't anything personal. People (especially from big cities) are normally way too busy and self-involved to interact with strangers.
That's the funny thing. Everybody around me is so busy yet "I have hours, only lonely. My love is vengeance, never free."

JoChris

Superstar
That's the funny thing. Everybody around me is so busy yet "I have hours, only lonely. My love is vengeance, never free."
Are you employed?
I have a good understanding of the personal dissatisfaction of "who I am, what am I good for?" of long-term unemployed as I cannot work either.

Trenton

Veteran
I tell you what: I don't think he even existed. If so then everybody and his grandmother corrupted the story so much that all we have now is A FAIRY TALE.
Lol it's one thing to deny his godhood, but to deny the historical Jesus who almost all scientists agree existed is foolish.

Trenton

Veteran
Jesus was born in 4-6 BC and during the feast of the Tabernacles. According to Jewish calendars that fell in September or October depending on which year he was born.
Ah my mistake, no matter which year he was accordingly born, Jesus would have been a Libra, which makes sense since he is the Judge of all mankind. Ha! Neat.

Questionmark

I remember those lyrics,was an avid manson fan from 12-15 yrs old, played the shit out of portrait of an an american family,antichrist superstar and mechanical animals.he made some really good songs back in the day,and if you listen to the lyrics you can tell he was against the "life" but he was getting paid and videos produced with imagery he had to accept to get paid.money makes the world go round ppl unfortunately

makeorbreak

Established
"Prick your finger it is done...
the moon has now eclipsed the sun...
the angel has spread its wings...
the time has come for bitter things..."

I thought the point behind this discussion was for people to give their ideas on what the lyrics meant. So, to steer this away from the childish insults being exchanged, I will say what I believe Marilyn Manson is singing about. He is referring to the end of the world when the world will be plunged into darkness and the apocolypse begins. That said, he is a talented entertainer but that's all he is. He deserves no special status above that. And, let's face it, he isn't the first to explore this genre of entertainment. Marilyn Manson owes his chance to fame to his more talented predecessor, Alice Cooper.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
"Prick your finger it is done...
the moon has now eclipsed the sun...
the angel has spread its wings...
the time has come for bitter things..."

I thought the point behind this discussion was for people to give their ideas on what the lyrics meant. So, to steer this away from the childish insults being exchanged, I will say what I believe Marilyn Manson is singing about. He is referring to the end of the world when the world will be plunged into darkness and the apocolypse begins. That said, he is a talented entertainer but that's all he is. He deserves no special status above that. And, let's face it, he isn't the first to explore this genre of entertainment. Marilyn Manson owes his chance to fame to his more talented predecessor, Alice Cooper.
So ironic that Alice Cooper became a Christian! There is hope for Marilyn Manson yet!!!

And Brian Welch from Korn, apparently...

makeorbreak

Established
Alice came from a religious family with his father being a member of the clergy. He's just going home, coming full circle, returning to the flock. As for Marilyn, I wonder how much of his life is theatrics without any substance. If he truly lives the beliefs he expounds, there is hope for him as you say. The Christianity club is very forgiving and accepting.