What does it mean, "God is no respecter of persons"?

phipps

Star
When meeting with the gentile centurion Cornelius, the apostle Peter explained what God had revealed to him: “Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him” (Acts 10:34-35 KJV). The New King James Version translates “God is no respecter of persons” as “God shows no partiality.”

Many of Peter’s fellow Jews thought that God loved them more than the gentiles, but Peter came to understand that God did not show favouritism. God wants people of all nations to repent and be saved (2 Peter 3:9; 1 Timothy 2:4).

The apostle Paul explained that the time order of God’s plan was not a sign of injustice or favouritism. “tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For there is no partiality with God (Romans 2:9-11).

God also does not want us to show favouritism. James 2:9 says that “respect to persons” (KJV) or “partiality” (NKJV) is sin. This is seen more clearly by considering the context of this passage.

James 2:1-4, 8-9, "My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality. For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, “You sit here in a good place,” and say to the poor man, “You stand there,” or, “Sit here at my footstool,” have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?

"If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture,
“You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors."

Therefore, God shows no favouritism or partiality, and the Bible teaches us that we should not either.

TokiEl

Superstar
When meeting with the gentile centurion Cornelius, the apostle Peter explained what God had revealed to him: “Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him” (Acts 10:34-35 KJV).
A person who works righteousness is accepted by God... but not by christians on forums like this.

They have become absolutely ridiculous.

That is a truth.

phipps

Star
Zionists insist that God has two distinctly different eternal plans and purposes for mankind, one which specifically concerns the ethnic literal nation of Israel, and one which concerns the Christian Church. Would God be partial if He did that?

Zionists claim that God has two families, or bodies, or classes of people which he calls His own. To claim that God has two “distinct bodies” or “families” of saved people is to contradict the plain teaching of scripture, as you will see from the verses below.

Ephesians 4:4-5, "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism."

John 10:16, "And other sheep
(Gentiles) I have which are not of this fold (Israel); them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd."

Ephesians 3:6, "that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel."

Galatians 3:16, "Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ."

Ephesians 2:15 b, "so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace."

Ephesians 3:15, "from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named."
(Note: only one family is mentioned).

Romans 11:17-24. Note: Please read this portion of scripture from your Bible and take careful note of the comments below.

The Olive tree of these verses clearly refers to the whole body or family of God’s people, and is represented to us as just one tree. Into this one tree all Christian believers have been grafted. (verse 17). This does not mean that the Jews are without hope, for if they repent and believe the gospel message, they can and will be grafted back into their own tree. (verse 24).

Surely these verses are sufficient to prove conclusively that God does not have two peoples at all, and therefore the claim of Zionists that God has two eternal purposes for mankind must be rejected.

“Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him” (Acts 10:34-35).

“tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For there is no partiality with God (Romans 2:9-11).

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Zionists insist that God has two distinctly different eternal plans and purposes for mankind, one which specifically concerns the ethnic literal nation of Israel, and one which concerns the Christian Church. Would God be partial if He did that?
The salvation message has always been the same to every man under the sun... Repent !

Ezekiel 18 30 “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways,” says the Lord God. “Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. 31 Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!”

Luke 13 There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.

Acts 11 18 When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.

Jesus Christ was since the foundation of the world ment to be the sufficient sacrifice for sins... and that's why repentance works. If God did not pay the price for sins then repentance would not work. Your sins would forever stick to you... no matter how much you repented.

Luke 24 46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

God promised to restore the nation of Israel for His name only and as a mark in time for those waiting and watching for His return.

The jews there are christians in the making.

Oh and i almost 4got... God plots to gather the nations who have rejected Him to try invade Israel.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The salvation message has always been the same to every man under the sun... Repent !

Ezekiel 18 30 “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways,” says the Lord God. “Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. 31 Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!”

Luke 13 There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.

Acts 11 18 When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.

Jesus Christ was since the foundation of the world ment to be the sufficient sacrifice for sins... and that's why repentance works. If God did not pay the price for sins then repentance would not work. Your sins would forever stick to you... no matter how much you repented.

Luke 24 46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

God promised to restore the nation of Israel for His name only and as a mark in time for those waiting and watching for His return.

The jews there are christians in the making.

Oh and i almost 4got... God plots to gather the nations who have rejected Him to try invade Israel.

Jews are given the same chances as the entire world. Jews are not going to be given more or different opportunities than the rest of the world to become true Christians. That would make God partial to Jews and He is not, as His Word plainly teaches. There is no distinction between Jews and Gentiles in the Bible.

Romans 2:28-29, "He is not a Jew who is one outwardly."

Romans 9:6, "They are not all Israel which are of Israel."

Galatians 3:29,
"They that are Christ’s are Abraham's seed."

Galatians 3:14
, "That the blessings of Abraham may come on the Gentiles in Christ Jesus."

Galatians 3:28,
"For “ye are all one in Christ Jesus.”

Whenever Israel is mentioned in the New Testament therefore, it is not literal Israel that is being spoken of. It is symbolic Israel that is being spoken of. Any blessings that were made for literal Israel are now meant for symbolic or spiritual Israel which includes Gentiles because they all Christ's and all the blessings of Israel now fall on them too. Read these chapters in the books of Hebrews and Luke and the message is clear.

Hebrews chapter 8 tells us plainly that the Old Covenant is now “obsolete” and that Christ is now the mediator of the New Covenant, made with “the House of Israel and the House of Judah”.

Hebrews Chapter 9
again tells us plainly that Christ is now mediator of the “new covenant”.

Hebrews chapter 10 we are told that the blessings of the “new covenant” are now ours (ie the true Church) in Christ.

Luke 22:20. Every time Christian believers partake of Lord’s supper, there is the reminder, that “in Christ” Jews and Gentiles share together in the blessings of the New Covenant, for the Lord Jesus said, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is shed for you”

This includes the promise of the everlasting Kingdom made to Israel. The everlasting kingdom was not promised exclusively to the natural seed of Abraham, nor is this kingdom to be realised in this present world. John 18:36, "Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” Simply, the New Covenant does not pertain to the physical nation of Israel, but it pertains to the whole family of God. The True Israel or Church of faith which involves anyone, Jew or Gentile who accepts Christ and submits to Him through the Holy Spirit.

So when Paul wrote, “And so all Israel shall be saved” (Romans 11:26), he didn't mean all literal Jews will be saved. If this were true, it would contradict every principle of God’s dealings with humans throughout history and Scripture. God is not a racist nor biased. In Jesus’ eyes, “There is neither Jew nor Greek” (Galatians 3:28).

This is not biblical at all. Jesus is not going to invade Israel and even if He was, why would God gather nations that rejected Him and do anything with them? When Jesus returns the second time it will be for His people, True Israel/the true Church who will forever be with Him (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17). They will reign and judge with Christ (1 Corinthians 6:2-3, Revelation 20:4-6).

The people or nations who rejected Christ will have nothing to do with Christ. He will judge them, punish them along with Satan and his angels in hellfire and then they will die eternally never to exist again. Then Sin will be gone from this world forever.

Please prove what you say with scripture.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Each person's eternal destiny is based on individual responsibility.

The Jews as a group are NOT favoured any longer cooperatively. They lost this privilege when the gospel went to the Gentiles. Today, everyone must chose as an individual to be saved. No group, including the Jews, are saved automatically. Following is the scriptural support...

Ezekiel 18:20, "The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself." (1 John 3:4)

Matthew 7:21-28 - "For everyone (individual), not just one who confesses Jesus will enter the kingdom, but he who does (individual) the will of the Father. Whether or not a person's spiritual house stands or falls is determined by who hears and does (or does not do) what Jesus teaches. This is true for "whoever" (verse 24) or "everyone" (verse 26).

Matthew 16:24-25 - Anyone (an individual) who desires to come after Jesus must deny himself (individual), take up his cross (individual), and follow Jesus. Whoever loses His life (individual) for Christ will find it. Jesus here discusses the basic issue of whether or not one is His disciple. That choice is an individual choice. Note: This applies to "anyone."

Acts 10:35 - In every nation whoever (individual) fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. Note that the person who is accepted is the same person who fears God and works righteousness. This is true for everyone (whoever) in every nation. Verse 34 - No partiality; this is the same for all.

James 1:23-25 - If anyone (individual) hears God's word and does not do it, he is like a man (individual) who observes himself (individual) in a mirror but then forgets what he saw. But he who (individual) looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues doing the work, this one (individual) will be blessed in what he does (individual). Note that the one who is blessed is the same one who continued doing what he saw in the word.

This is individual responsibility.

(John 14:21-24; 15:5,6; Matt. 12:30,50; 24:13; Acts 2:21; 1 Tim. 2:9; Heb. 6:11; 1 John 2:4-6; 3:7,10; 2 John 9)

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Jews are given the same chances as the entire world. Jews are not going to be given more or different opportunities than the rest of the world to become true Christians.
Romans 11 25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

This is not biblical at all. Jesus is not going to invade Israel and even if He was, why would God gather nations that rejected Him and do anything with them?
Ezekiel 38 Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3 and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops—many people are with you.

7 “Prepare yourself and be ready, you and all your companies that are gathered about you; and be a guard for them. 8 After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely. 9 You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you.”

phipps

Star
@TokiEl

Romans 11 25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.
I'm not going to explain these verses to you but I want you to think now. Does God contradict Himself? So if His Word says "God is no respecter of persons", why would He then say that all Jews will be saved when that is not true for the entire human race? Does that make sense to you? So shouldn't you then try and find out what Paul meant instead of ignoring what the Bible clearly says about how God is not racist or biased towards any group of people? We are all going to be judged and saved individually according to our choices in life. God is not going to give Jews a special pass to heaven while not giving those same opportunities to Gentiles simply on the grounds that they are Gentiles. If you think this then you have truly misunderstood God and His Word.

God wants everyone to be saved. In these last days He is calling all people to accept the gift of salvation. The gospel is to be preached to all nations and will be preached to Jewish people too. And there are many Jews who are accepting Jesus as their Messiah and Saviour as are many people from around the world. But it is important to note that their acceptance or not of the gospel is not predetermined by God. The Bible does not preach universalism for the entire human race or for a particular segment of people. It is all individual.

Ezekiel 38 Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3 and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops—many people are with you.

7 “Prepare yourself and be ready, you and all your companies that are gathered about you; and be a guard for them. 8 After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely. 9 You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you.”
Does this align with end time prophecy at all? I have to remind you again that the Bible does not contradict itself. It harmonises. Your doctrine does not align with end time prophecy and therefore the entire Bible.

Revelation 20:7-10 says, "Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

Does this scripture show Jesus gathering nations that rejected Him to invade Israel? In fact Satan gathers all those nations that rejected Christ and tries to battle Christ and His people and to attack the New Jerusalem city. So shouldn't you then try to find out what Ezekiel 38 is all about without contradicting Revelation?

In Ezekiel 38:2 and 39:6, Gog the king of Magog is described as an enemy of God's people. He is the leader of the host that would attack restored Israel (Ezekiel 38:2, 14-19), but he will meet his end “after many days” (Ezekiel 38:8).

Ezekiel 38:18-19, “And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel,” says the Lord GOD, “that My fury will show in My face. For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: ‘Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel' ".

God will destroy Gog. God shows in this prophecy that Israel does not battle at all. Gog stands as a symbol of the leader of rebellion, Satan himself.

At the end of time, God will permit the final act of rebellion (the attack on the New Jerusalem) by Satan, his hosts, and the resurrected people who had turned away from God. He will do this to dispel any lingering doubt that the unrighteous, those in opposition to God and His people are evil. Good and evil will stand opposite each other: God's people within the city, Satan's people without. Of course God will not allow them to have victory over His people. In this conflict not only are God's people saved, but God Himself is sanctified and known for who He really is even in the eyes of those that battle Him and attack New Jerusalem. When that happens, people will find out for sure, as Ezekiel states over and over that "I am Lord." This is what God wants all of us to know, that He is the saving gracious Lord and able to do everything that is necessary to deliver His people.

Now this aligns with the Word of God entirely.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Each person will be judged individually.

Again this is not based on national status or physical citizenship

2 Corinthians 5:10 - At judgment each one (individual) will receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done (individual), whether good or bad. The one being judged will be rewarded according to what he did, not what someone else did. This applies to "all."

Romans 14:12 - Each of us (individual) shall give account of himself (individual) to God. No one else - only you - will be judged for what you did.

Romans 2:6-10 - God will render to each one (individual) according to his deeds (individual - verse 6). Tribulation and anguish on every soul of man who does evil (individual - verse 9), but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good (individual - verse 10).

Galatians 6:7-8 - Whatever a man sows (individual) that he will also reap (individual). He who sows to the flesh (individual) will reap corruption. He who sows to the spirit (individual) will reap everlasting life. What you personally reap will be determined by how you personally lived.

Note: "Do not be deceived. God is not mocked." When people think they can avoid being punished or rewarded for how they lived, or when they think people will reap according to how someone else lived, they are deceived and are attempting to mock God! (Revelation 20:13,15).

God does not have one method of salvation for Jews and a different one for Gentiles. Everyone who chooses to be saved, is saved the same way under the same program, by grace through faith.

Hon33

Veteran
God always intended that salvation would be open to all people, of all nations. It was widely prophesied throughout the Old Testament. The events which took place in Acts 2, were clearly prophesied in Joel2:28-32.
The Israelites were God’s chosen people but time after time they showed a lack of faith in Him. While many accepted Jesus as the Messiah and entered into a new covenant relationship with God after his death, resurrection and ascension, others continued to doubt.
Israel was to be God’s chosen nation because it was through Israel that God’s character would be revealed to the surrounding nations. It was through Israel that other nations would also come to know, love and serve God. They were chosen to fulfil God’s purpose and not as the sole beneficiaries of his grace.

TokiEl

Superstar
I'm not going to explain these verses to you but I want you to think now. Does God contradict Himself? So if His Word says "God is no respecter of persons", why would He then say that all Jews will be saved when that is not true for the entire human race? Does that make sense to you? So shouldn't you then try and find out what Paul meant instead of ignoring what the Bible clearly says about how God is not racist or biased towards any group of people? We are all going to be judged and saved individually according to our choices in life. God is not going to give Jews a special pass to heaven while not giving those same opportunities to Gentiles simply on the grounds that they are Gentiles. If you think this then you have truly misunderstood God and His Word.
God saves whomever He wills.

The point is that God promised to restore a remnant of the jewish people in His land. And then open their eyes to the Messiah so they will repent. If you don't understand this then you are out of touch with God.

And yes God put hooks in the jaws of Gog and comp to come try attack Israel.

phipps

Star
Are Israel and the Church two different kingdoms?

The church is not yet the kingdom.

In Daniel 2, prophecy depicts a succession of kingdoms, ending with a stone that breaks into pieces all the other kingdoms of the world and rules forever. God's kingdom will not be established until the kingdoms of the world are done away with.

Daniel 2:44, "And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever."

The church has replaced Israel as 'spiritual Israel'

God's remnant people are those "who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus" (Revelation 12:17). Whereas prior to Jesus' first advent, the Jewish nation had the light from God, this ministry has since extended to all who follow Him in faith. There is no partiality shown to those of Jewish decent (Act 10:34-35), we are all spiritually the seed of Abraham.

Galatians 3:29, "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

Even John the Baptist, when in the spirit, perceived this and said to the multitudes:

Luke 3:8-9, "Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.”

Finally, Jesus is the true vine and therefore the root. Romans 11 shows that the Gentiles were grafted into this vine and only the unfruitful Jewish followers cut off.

John 15:1-2, “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit."

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
The church has replaced Israel as 'spiritual Israel'
Whatever dudette... but it doesn't change the biblical and historical fact that the jews are to return as a restored nation waiting to repent and accept Jesus Christ.

phipps

Star
Whatever dudette... but it doesn't change the biblical and historical fact that the jews are to return as a restored nation waiting to repent and accept Jesus Christ.
Don't call me duddette ever again, do you understand? Thank you.

What you're saying would make God partial. It would mean God favours Jews over Gentiles. It would make God a liar. Jews and Gentiles have the same way to salvation and that is according to God's Word. This is the truth of God's Word whether you accept it or not. You are wrong about this. I will stick to the Word of God. Goodbye.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Don't call me duddette ever again do you understand? Thank you.
Ok dudette. You're welcome.

What you're saying would make God partial. It would mean God favours Jews over Gentiles. It would make God a liar. Jews and Gentiles have the same way to salvation and that is according to God's Word. This is the truth of God's Word whether you accept it or not. You are wrong about this. I will stick to the Word of God. Goodbye.
Goodbye yourself.

When God gave statehood to a lot of nations in the 20th century... then God must favour jews ?

You are so annoying.

Hon33

Veteran
Ok dudette. You're welcome.

Goodbye yourself.

When God gave statehood to a lot of nations in the 20th century... then God must favour jews ?

You are so annoying.
When God gave statehood to which nations?

phipps

Star
Jewish Salvation and Gentile Believers

If Jesus was politically correct, He would have never said what He said to the woman at the well. He told her, "You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews" (John 4:22). Well, since by the Savior's own words salvation is of the Jews, then we need to ask ourselves, "Have I been saved with Jewish salvation?"

What exactly is Jewish salvation? Isaiah 59:20 points to the answer. "The Redeemer will come to Zion, And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob,” Says the Lord."

The "Redeemer"--Jesus--comes to (read, saves) those that "turn from transgression in Jacob." What is transgression as defined "in Jacob"--in Judaism? It is breaking God's Ten Commandments. Jewish salvation, then, is conferred upon those that repent of breaking God’s Law.

This matches exactly the New Testament gospel. Jesus preached, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:15). And Paul preached “repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ,” (Acts 20:21).

There is only one gospel. There is only one way to God. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). And Paul wrote, “There is….one Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:4-5). This removes all possibility of there being more than one gospel, more than one way to heaven. It also means that there not one set of moral requirements for Jews and different ones for Gentiles—for Christians. The gospel is about salvation from sin. And since there’s only one gospel, then there are not different definitions of sin for different groups of people. God’s moral standards for Jews and Gentiles are the same—and sin is the same for both.

What are the moral standards God gives to both Jews and Gentiles, that apply to both Jews and Christians alike? Hebrews 9:15 answers the question clearly. It tells us what the sins are that Jesus died in order to gain for us forgiveness. “And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.” And what was sin as defined under the Old Covenant? It was breaking God's Ten Commandments. Therefore, the moral standard given by God Himself for all people (not just the Jews) is the Ten Commandment law of God.

Paul, under the direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit, leaves no wiggle room on this point. He writes in Romans 3:19, “Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.” He also writes in Galatians 3:22, “But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.” So, the Ten Commandments apply to everyone.

Even the New Covenant itself confirms that God’s moral standards are the same for all people—for Jew and Gentile, Jew and Christian alike. In the New Covenant, God writes His Law in the hearts and minds of believers in Jesus: “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.” (Hebrews 8:10). This passage in the New Testament book of Hebrews is a direct quote from the book of Jeremiah, chapter 31, and this fact has definitive significance. In what way? The law that is to be written in our hearts in the New Covenant is the law of God recognized in the days of Jeremiah: namely, the Ten Commandment law of God. The law written in our hearts in the New Covenant is the Ten Commandment law of God that Jeremiah knew. So, the moral standard, the Ten Commandments, are the same for Jew and Gentile, Jew and Christian alike.

By the way, did you notice with whom the New Testament acknowledges that the New Covenant was made? “The house of Israel.” Search from Genesis to Revelation and you will find that there is no salvific covenant made with the Gentiles. But, then, this is no surprise. After all, Jesus did say that “salvation is of the Jews.”

So, what hope is there for non-Jews? How can Gentiles get into a covenant not made with them? That’s easy: convert. “And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Galatians 3:29). If Gentiles will simply repent of the sins that Jews have to repent of and accept the Jewish Messiah—that is, the real Jewish Messiah—as their personal Savior and Lord, then the Gentiles will become “Jews”—that is, spiritual Jews—and the blessings of the New Covenant will be theirs, too. They will be recipients of Jewish salvation.

Why is it important to understand this? What difference does it make? The vast majority of Christians have been misled regarding the moral standards the Lord expects them to live by. Some Christians bow to graven images, which is defined as sin by the second commandment, and even more Christians break the fourth commandment every week because they have been taught a different day of rest than the fourth commandment requires.

Bowing to images and breaking the Sabbath are still sins that required the blood of the Jewish Messiah, Jesus Christ, to be shed in order to be forgiven. Yet most Christians transgress on one or both of these points, repenting and asking forgiveness for neither, in spite of the fact that Jesus died in order to provide forgiveness for both. However, it is true that most Christians are ignorant of these things. But, as Paul said to the Athenians, so God says to the people of our day, “these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent" (Acts 17:30).

Jewish salvation as taught in the Word of God (and unamended by rabbinical, human authority) isn’t just for Jews. It’s for everyone. And more than that, it’s the only God-authorized gospel. So, repent of transgression of all of God’s Ten Commandments and accept Jewish salvation today!

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
From The Law (God's Law which - in Truth - is the ONLY TRUE LAW on this planet):-

Deuteronomy 1:16-17
1:16 And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear [the causes] between your brethren, and judge righteously between [every] man and his brother, and the stranger [that is] with him.
1:17 Ye shall not respect persons in Judgment; [but] ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the Judgment [is] God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring [it] unto me, and I will hear it.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not ADD unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the Commandments of the "I AM" your God which I COMMAND you.

The reason we've been COMMANDED not to add or take away from God's PERFECT Law, is that doing so make the Commandments of God of no effect (Matt. 15:3-9). Just look at how man-made legislation redefines a "person" as a corporate fiction.

United States Code (USC) TITLE 26 (used to "legalize" theft from the people of the U.S. in the form of taxes)
§ 7701. Definitions

(1) Person

The term “person” shall be construed to mean and include an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation.

Please note well that all of the above are corporate fictions, by definition. And those "persons", who are making up and/or enforcing all of this fraudulent, made-up human legislation -- instead of keeping and enforcing our Creator's Law -- deserve ZERO respect.

According to The Law, every single politician/legislator (in congress, parliament, etc.), every black-robed judge (in every court), every police officer (enforcing fraudulent, made-up legislation), every tax-collector, every priest, pastor, rabbi, imam, etc. are ALL committing CAPITAL CRIMES. So not only do these positions of so-called authority not deserve anyone's respect, those who are occupying such positions should be lawfully executed by we the people for their continued treason against the God in Whom we are supposed to trust.

Isaiah 3:12 [As for] My people, children [are] their oppressors, and women rule over them. O My people, they which lead thee cause [thee] to err, and lead thee astray, TO THY DESTRUCTION.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
@phipps
From your post, above...

What exactly is Jewish salvation?
Isaiah 59:20 points to the answer.​
'The Redeemer will come to Zion, And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob,' Says the Lord.
The "Redeemer"--Jesus--comes to (read, saves) those that "turn from transgression in Jacob."
What is transgression as defined "in Jacob"--in Judaism? It is breaking God's Ten Commandments. Jewish salvation, then, is conferred upon those that repent of breaking God’s Law.
Would you link your source for the interpretation you have posted, above, please?