What do you think of the "Chemtrails" conspiracy theory?

So I like to read conspiracy theories that are nonsensical, and this is definitely one of them. If you don't know what this conspiracy theory is well basically some people believe that the smoke trail that planes leave behind is really a chemical by the government to control the population. Any thoughts?

Boothe

Some of it is hype, no doubt. But geoengineering or climate engineering is a thing. There is credible evidence that government entities are dispensing aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect solar radiation back into space. Two of these aerosols are aluminum and barium. This is supposedly being done to combat "anthropogenic global warming". I was pretty skeptical at first too. Now, I'm not so sure. Could it be that the effort to disseminate wacky "chemtrails" conspiracy theories is a trolling campaign designed to discredit those who are exposing geoengineering? I'm no expert on the subject, so do your own research. But it wouldn't surprise me if the government was behind something this stupid. Look what they've done in the past without regard to human life or the environment.

Helioform

Star
Some of it is hype, no doubt. But geoengineering or climate engineering is a thing. There is credible evidence that government entities are dispensing aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect solar radiation back into space. Two of these aerosols are aluminum and barium. This is supposedly being done to combat "anthropogenic global warming". I was pretty skeptical at first too. Now, I'm not so sure. Could it be that the effort to disseminate wacky "chemtrails" conspiracy theories is a trolling campaign designed to discredit those who are exposing geoengineering? I'm no expert on the subject, so do your own research. But it wouldn't surprise me if the government was behind something this stupid. Look what they've done in the past without regard to human life or the environment.
I have read the craziest theories about this, ranging from attempts to block the view of an incoming PlanetX, to putting nanotech in our organism. All pretty much to discredit the geoengineering theory I would think.

Some of those planes are spraying something for sure, there are clear pictures available of trails coming out of containers on the planes. Whatever it is remains to be fully known.

mecca

Superstar
Geoengineering isn't the same as chemtrails though. Two different motives.

Aero

Superstar
Technically I'm the lord of the air. So my gut is telling me that there isn't a murderous plot to kill us all via chemtrails. They could open up pandora's box with the whole geoengineering thing though. So we should probably pay some attention to the environment. And to be clear, the environment is in bad shape already. If they can figure out a way to fix all the damage we've done. Than it could be a good for us all.

Air quality in some places is probably torturous. But we should be most concerned about the Ocean. Who cares about some stupid fish? Lol right. Wait until a lobster cost 1,000 dollars. Than you will get what I'm saying.

Lisa

Superstar
I have had a love affair with he sky and taking pictures of clouds, sunsets, sunrises and anything else that catches my eye from the sky.

They are pretty strange con trails then, they last a long time and you can see it spread into the atmosphere.
I don’t know what’s in that stuff, but I have noticed that after the sky being filled with that stuff the sky clouds over and it’s cooler because the sun is beinf blocked by whatever is in the atmosphere. The next days weather is overcast and rainy or snowy.
Not only that but I have noticed that when the sun shines you sure can see the rays of the sun pretty clearly anymore. Which I think coincides with people talking about aluminum being in chemtrails.

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
Really? You should read this blog:
http://contrailscience.com/how-to-debunk-chemtrails/

Could it be that the effort to disseminate wacky "chemtrails" conspiracy theories is a trolling campaign designed to discredit those who are exposing geoengineering?
vol3ch15.pdf

The above paper likely kicked off this BS.

Helioform

Star
Seems like everytime I type something here, lo and behold, videos on that suddenly appear on my YouTube feed.

If you want to have a few laughs, watch this one:

I reported it for misleading content... :D

Lisa

Superstar
I have had a love affair with he sky and taking pictures of clouds, sunsets, sunrises and anything else that catches my eye from the sky.

They are pretty strange con trails then, they last a long time and you can see it spread into the atmosphere.
I don’t know what’s in that stuff, but I have noticed that after the sky being filled with that stuff the sky clouds over and it’s cooler because the sun is beinf blocked by whatever is in the atmosphere. The next days weather is overcast and rainy or snowy.
Not only that but I have noticed that when the sun shines you sure can see the rays of the sun pretty clearly anymore. Which I think coincides with people talking about aluminum being in chemtrails.
Sunshine likes my post...sweet! :) I like your user name!

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
Seems like everytime I type something here, lo and behold, videos on that suddenly appear on my YouTube feed.

If you want to have a few laughs, watch this one:

I reported it for misleading content... :D
99.9% of the videos concerning this and many other things like Planet X/Nibiru and UFOS should be reported for misleading content.

Lurker

Star
Geoengineering isn't the same as chemtrails though. Two different motives.
But the delivery is the same. Sure geoengineering would carry a good motive while chemtrail would not. But I'm pretty sure an environmental impact study was not done before they decided to combat climate change. So, basically, we're just trusting the "they" people. Bad decision, IMO.
Also, chemtrail may not be so much direct as to what it does to us but more indirect as what it does to plants. For the first time in my life, my father's pear trees did not produce fruit this past season. Could there be other reasons for that? Sure, but the geoengineering/chemtrails was really the only thing that is different.

Hubert

Established
This never made any sense to me. I always figured that if the government had a solution for global warming they would be shouting it from the rooftops, not trying to hide it.

SkepticCat

Veteran
The chemtrailing indeed seems nonsensical but it is happening nonetheless. Here's a challenge: Follow the link below, browse the material, then come back explaining how you don't believe chemtrails are real and that's it's all perfectly normal, harmless water vapor.

https://www.facebook.com/geoengineering.watch.photo.gallery

I hope the aerosol spraying isn't nearly as dangerous or malicious as I think it is because clearly, the cognitive dissonance is so strong this will remain a fringe 'conspiracy theory'.

Edit: Actually, let me just rephrase that. I believe if this is allowed to go on it will have worse consequences than most can even begin to imagine. I'm also approaching the point of view that if we collectively do allow this to go on we deserve to suffer the consequences. There are limits to stupid an entire species can allow itself to be if it expects to survive.

Last edited: