What do you think of Scientology?

SkepticCat

Veteran
I personally think its a fake religion, evil and full of corruption, financial exploitation, and just bullshit.
I think it's much worse than that; it's covert satanism, same as JW and other cults. It also has the classical 'what YOU can achieve by joining our mind control cult!' ie Man as God, focus on the person, once again.

They really do like the subliminal signalling, dont' they... I think I'm starting to understand what that may be about: Subconsciously, your mind understands the symbols so by engaging in any of this one is signalling rebellion against God.

'For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:'

'All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.'

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
One of the weirdest historical confluences you can imagine took place in Pasadena, California, in the 1940s. There, a darkly handsome young man and chemistry autodidact named Jack Parsons had just made a bundle of money by inventing solid rocket fuel and selling it to the military. He was part of a group of explosion-obsessed researchers at CalTech who founded the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), where recently the Martian Rovers were made. He was also a goddess-obsessed acolyte and generous financial supporter of the infamous Pagan leader, Aleister Crowley.

Parsons used his defense contract money to convert an old mansion into a group house whose residents included other Pagans, artists, scientists, and writers. One of his boarders was a charismatic science fiction author named L. Ron Hubbard, who became Parsons' greatest frenemy, participating in rituals of sex magic with the rocket scientist, sleeping with his girlfriend, and finally absconding with all his money. Here is the true story of how Scientology and JPL were both conceived by men under the sorcerer Crowley's mystical influence.

https://io9.com/5978746/the-strangely-true-connection-between-scientology-the-jet-propulsion-lab-and-pagan-sorcery

TMT

Star
I think it's much worse than that; it's covert satanism, same as JW and other cults. It also has the classical 'what YOU can achieve by joining our mind control cult!' ie Man as God, focus on the person, once again.

They really do like the subliminal signalling, dont' they... I think I'm starting to understand what that may be about: Subconsciously, your mind understands the symbols so by engaging in any of this one is signalling rebellion against God.

'For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:'

'All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.'
Shut up, Crowley and Hubbard never met and from his correspondence with him he warned Parsons not to. He should have listened because Hubbard defrauded him and ran off with his wife and is probably responsible for getting Jack black listed
You people are so fucking dishonest it blows the mind.

Shut up, Crowley and Hubbard never met and from his correspondence with him he warned Parsons not to. He should have listened because Hubbard defrauded him and ran off with his wife and is probably responsible for getting Jack black listed
You people are so fucking dishonest it blows the mind.
And you’re defending Scientology why?