What Do You Think After You See The Picture?

floss

Star
I think you got it from an Atheist or Anti-Christ site. Are you hoping for that Jesus is a mythical character? Also hope the majority of the world's testimonies are wrong. Some people just need a spiritual beating before they crawl back to God crying for help. It is easy to make fun of a powerful being before you experiences the worst in your life. I get it, you will never believe in Jesus only by debating or reading a few bible chapters just like many people refuse to believe something until they see it. I'll just leave with this.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Last edited:

True World Order

Established
Honestly bro, that could be potentially offencive, some might call it blasphemy. Even taking the scriptural warnings about images of God and Prophets, graven images, idolatry and all that. I think that portrayal of Jesus is somewhat out of character, he was pretty peaceful for the most part and he gave us good news and a warning, which isn't the same as making personal threats. I do understand that it is supposed to be a joke but I always thought this meme was the best, but it is still kind of low to post such things.

You know the odds are that Jesus (pbuh) probably wasn't even white, he definitely wouldn't have had long hair, although he did likely wear white. The common image of Jesus Christ comes from Renaissance paintings.

Lisa

Superstar
Honestly bro, that could be potentially offencive, some might call it blasphemy. Even taking the scriptural warnings about images of God and Prophets, graven images, idolatry and all that. I think that portrayal of Jesus is somewhat out of character, he was pretty peaceful for the most part and he gave us good news and a warning, which isn't the same as making personal threats. I do understand that it is supposed to be a joke but I always thought this meme was the best, but it is still kind of low to post such things.

You know the odds are that Jesus (pbuh) probably wasn't even white, he definitely wouldn't have had long hair, although he did likely wear white. The common image of Jesus Christ comes from Renaissance paintings.
His head and His hair were white like wool, like snow. Revelation 1:14

Lisa

Superstar

Comments?
Accurate. However, I would ask, do people sin and should there be a punishment for sin?
Since there is a punishment for sin, it is a kindness then that Jesus paid that price and the only thing one must do to be saved from the punishment is believe in Jesus. It's actually called grace and it's good!

Thunderian

Superstar

Comments?
The way I look at it, when the Almighty Creator comes up with a plan that means I get to live forever in glory with him, I am not going to refuse his offer just to make the point that the alternative doesn't seem fair.

I may not understand it all and there are some things about it that I don't think are fair, but I am grabbing salvation with both hands and praising God that it's available to me.

Lisa

Superstar
I think that's not Jesus. He didn't even look like that.
Probably true...
He has no stately form or majesty That we should look upon Him, Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
It sounds like mockery, yes, I admit.

But, it contains the truth that Jesus is both the savior and the judge.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Sometimes its okay to lighten up a little. It does our soul good not to take everything so seriously...Mr. blah, respectively.
Personally, I don't like it.

What I like is something which has some basis on evidence or reality.

For example, I like this question: https://500questions.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/33-why-would-god-give-pigs-better-sex-lives-than-humans/

It's a fact that piggy sex is somewhat hotter than the human version.

Criticize God? Yes, of course. But there is a fact as the basis of that question.

Cesare Borgia

1 Maccabees 3:48
And laid open the book of the law, wherein the heathen had sought to paint the likeness of their images.

Wisdom of Solomon 14
15 For a father afflicted with untimely mourning, when he hath made an image of his child soon taken away, now honoured him as a god, which was then a dead man, and delivered to those that were under him ceremonies and sacrifices.

16 Thus in process of time an ungodly custom grown strong was kept as a law, and graven images were worshipped by the commandments of kings.