What Do You Do For Fun?

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
I know a lot of people on here are against watching television as a means of entertainment. While I agree with various reasons, I can't help but to keep watching it.

However, I mainly do creative writing as my means for entertainment. I just have so many ideas and I love putting them out in the form of writing.

So I'm wondering, for people "in the know" like we are, what are some ways that you all are entertained or have fun? TV is iffy so I get why a lot don't watch it. What do you do to replace it?

I know a lot of people on here are against watching television as a means of entertainment. While I agree with various reasons, I can't help but to keep watching it.

However, I mainly do creative writing as my means for entertainment. I just have so many ideas and I love putting them out in the form of writing.

So I'm wondering, for people "in the know" like we are, what are some ways that you all are entertained or have fun? TV is iffy so I get why a lot don't watch it. What do you do to replace it?
Play games with my kids, gardening and arts and crafts, we hike and enjoy the great outdoors, go shopping, have picnics etc...

I really like that @grateful servant. It's wholesome and pure and something I'd like to adopt into my activities as well.
If you have kids you can involve them in your creative writing as well - have writing contests or make scrapbooks. Do you publish your work online in a blog or website? You can also join local community clubs that have the same interests as you.

Aero

Superstar
I used to play video games a lot when I was young. I was a champion, and a leader for awhile. But eventually lost interest. Now I try to read a lot. I try to at least know what's going on in the world. Or at least what people are saying about what's going on.

Not saying it's fun to be cynical but, the world gives plenty of opportunity.

Haich

Superstar
1. Creative writing mainly children short stories but hoping to write something more mature soon

2. Boating in the summer, there's a canal near my place

3. Binge watching prison documentaries, bit of a documentary junkie I'm not a fan of modern movies tbh

4. Playing with my boy, going for walks, visiting the local nature centre, zoo, museums, libraries etc

5. Rollerblading, reading the Quran and trying to make sense of where we're all heading after death

I live my life as a retired old lady enjoying her pension money.

Watch a lot of anime. Some horror movies too, but rarely anything made outside of the 80's. Play video games, especially RPGs. Read a lot of fantasy. Comic books. Talk to friends about the most meaningless bullshit before somehow getting into serious subjects. I used to drink, but I don't do much anymore since my favorite drinking partners either had the brillant idea of converting to Mormonism or having the brilliant idea of buggering the other's sister. Sometimes I try to write my own novel, but a mixture of OCD and a perfectionist streak often causes me to destroy days of work.

Leviathan

Established
Watching horror movies (the ones from the '60s, '70s, and '80s are the best)
Watch a few select TV shows
Spend time with my 2 cats
Messing around on the Internet/YouTube
On rare occasions I also like to write, draw, or do word search puzzles

Lisa

Superstar
I like to sit out on my back patio in the shade and just drink in the warmth, and the quiet beauty of a summer's day, watching the breeze through the leaves on the trees, the clouds in the sky...
I like to garden and watch the beauty of a garden come to life with blooming flowers all around, freshly mowed grass.
I like to read about the news of the day to gauge the the nearness of the day of the Lord and read stories that have a Christian theme, so I make sure I remember God is in life. Or I like to read about things that catch my fancy and learn all that I can and move on.
I like to listen to music and my favorite is the music that lifts up God but I also like to listen to the oldies of the 80's...haha, to think that that's the oldies now is surreal. I also like some of the things putamayo releases and classical.
I like hanging out with my kids but now they are older so its not like they were little, O how I loved being a mom to young children! Learning to be a mom and a friend to older kids...haha, they are adults but still they are kids to me.
I love to spend the day with my husband, hanging out, shopping, having a bite to eat, doing this, doing that....just being with one another and sharing experiences.
I like throwing the ball to my dog...she is a sweet thing and loves to play catch and play catch, and play catch...
I like to clean my house and see it sparkle and shine and look at the beautiful things around me, the pictures on the wall of my family and the places we've been, the pillow we got in Santa Fe, the pictures of the kids that was drawn of them at Walt Disney World...
I like to sit at the table and type a few words here and there on the forum, adding this and that about the Bible and let people know about Jesus.
I like to collect china teapots and teacups...the beauty in the patterns and the delicacy of the china does something to my soul..haha, I must be getting old? Not to mention drinking tea from them, black tea, rooibos tea and herbal teas. Of course there is iced tea in the summer, or just a jar of water and lemons or fruit to make it look pretty and taste good.

Todd

Star
<---- look at my avatar.
I also like to write music, sing, worship. (I play drums and piano)
I just got into running the last couple years. Been doing 5K and 10Ks. Goal for this summer is to run a 1/2 marathon.