What do Muslims believe about Jesus?

The Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ is crucial as that is God's only plan of salvation for all. Denying his death is denying that HE defeated death and hell. You can defeat death and hell as well if you believe in HIM. His death also show how much God the Father loved his creation that He's willing to sacrifice his only begotten Son for the world. God show his love and not just lips services.
So God needs Jesus to conquer hell and death? God did not create or does not have power over those without Jesus?

But you are saying you are not putting Jesus on an equal footing with God?

floss

Star
What is the name of the Creator according to you? Yaweh, Yehova, Elohim? Show us which sect you belong to.
His name is Jesus. Does that surprised you? The real name of the God in Islam is not revealed, else you’ll be running to the true one ;)

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Our god is Allah.

You do not acknowledge the old testament then?
While I admire and support your attempt at reasoning with this individual, he/she has succeed in detracting from the original posters intent and query. I hope the VC staff pulls all of these posts and returns the thread to its intended course.....

Last edited:

EpistemiX

Established
Hello again everyone.

So, I have been reading a few books on the tradition of Jesus within the Muslim faith. I believe I should explain why. First of all let me just say that I'm more than familiar with the Christian narratives regarding Jesus and have not been convinced by the "appeal to emotion". Whenever I have attempted the discuss the illogical implications to a priestly class, I have been told to simply invest dogmatically in the trinity. I have tried, but to no avail, and have to conclude for myself that the trinity is a mystery, and hypostasis is a concept which does little to satisfy my belief in an all powerful Creator! Hypostatic unions are nothing short of a theological heresy in which, the idea of the Creator God being all powerful, is compromised and directly contradicts monotheism.

So why my curiosity in Jesus?

Well, the answer is simple. Christianity has deified him. Some of my Muslim friends have explained to me that Jesus is a prophet and messenger in Islam, and that he is well respected and loved in the tradition. They aren't very practicing themselves so attempting to glean some deeper theological insight, was never an option with my friends.

I've read a book now by someone named Abu Zakariyah titled "Jesus Man Messenger Messiah" which has answered my questions (https://iera.org/product/jesus-man-messenger-messiah-uk/). And though I have yet more study to do, I think I have a firm foundation from which to work from.

Thank you all,

EpistemiX

Established
According to Islam, Jesus (a prophet or messenger) will return at end time. However, Muhammad was the Final Messenger. Unless final doesn’t really mean final and the Second Coming of Christ is a sequel. See the absurdity here?
Hello floss, pleased to read you.

I do not see the absurdity, Jesus came first with his message for his people. the lost sheep of israel before Muhammad and Muhammad came last - with his message for all of mankind!

According to your belief, Jesus' message was the New testament, which comes before the Koran. When Jesus returns, he doesn't come with a new bible does he? So the only absurdity is what you seem to suggest to me below.

Denying the death of Jesus is denying the ONLY source of salvation! His death accomplished many things FOR WHOSOEVER THAT BELIEVETH.
That's a desperate appeal to emotion! Doesn't fly with me, sorry!

Indeed. I was raised Roman Catholic and each mass we symbolically ate the flesh and drank the blood of Jesus. Not dissing them because I understand the context, but still and all.........
The RCC is a pagan institution. The ceremonies are far too close to witchcraft.

So many are blinded by the RCC.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I could just google it, but have been told that I have to be careful where I source from. Figured, I can't beat asking the Muslims themselves, and you're an informed bunch so hey, care to tell me more?
Peace be upon you,

Within Islam we believe that Jesus was born to the virgin Mary, the Messiah, and messenger for the Israelites who came to remind them that their Lord is One and that they should not be causing corruption throughout the land. He is a human just like any other prophet because you know logically speaking if you're a human you can't be God.

The Quran tells us that God made it appear to the people that "Jesus" was crucified but in reality was not and that God raised him unto Himself.

Damien50

Star
I didn’t know that . Were you initially raised Muslim but left it?
Nah. Last year for several months I spent time in mosque with an older kindly Muslim man that taught me the Qur'an and Islam as a way of life. I disagree with the theology in relation to its many claims but it creates a structure that as a Christian I found hard to get. Churches are unreliable and there aren't many communities that embrace Christianity in a way that is positive and I lacked structure. I did the prayer and so on to the extent that I was going to do the shahada, I truly intended to make it my way of life, but I backed out. I learned to create structure four myself as a Christian through prayer and fasting and even meditation at times that when I decided to briefly revisit my Christianity I found myself unable to leave God and the his words I so delighted in.

Tldr - I like the Islamic culture and the structure manifested through adherence to Islam but I don't have faith in Qur'an, Muhammad, or the Allah portrayed therein.

Damien50

Star

I do not see the absurdity, Jesus came first with his message for his people. the lost sheep of israel before Muhammad and Muhammad came last - with his message for all of mankind!

According to your belief, Jesus' message was the New testament, which comes before the Koran. When Jesus returns, he doesn't come with a new bible does he? So the only absurdity is what you seem to suggest to me below.

There are theories, in Christianity, that as some believe God to work in patterns that he will bring a third Testament as completion to the bible.

floss

Star

Hopefully you see that I'm only trying to warn you as there's zero salvation in Islam. Muslim believe they are awaiting to be judged...and they will be. Regardless, good luck on your journey to the Truth.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Hopefully you see that I'm only trying to warn you as there's zero salvation in Islam. Muslim believe they are awaiting to be judged...and they will be. Regardless, good luck on your journey to the Truth.
Hopefully you will start your own thread and proselytize in it all you want. You have shown yourself to be disrespectful and insulting here.