What are your thoughts about The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina series?

I personally really like the show, but I know that there are lots of hidden meanings that aren't really hidden in the show. What are your thoughts? Is it prophesizing something that'll happen in the near future? Is it the truth that lingers behind the scenes in our everyday life? Write down your thoughts :)

Z. T. Jacob

Established
My thoughts are that it is no good whatsoever. The new series is lightyears apart from the nature of the old series, which was a light-hearted sitcom about a teenage witch. The new series is a sales pitch for satanism. Unfortunately, we have seen a lot of this in mass media, because those who run the major powerful institutions want us all to abandon out morality, so the appalling nature of what they're doing to the planet and the economy doesn't affect our collective moral compass, because said moral compass wouldn't exist. The best thing you can do is to not let shit like that get to you, and keep your beliefs and morals, no matter what the bullshit society around us says about it, and to encourage others, especially the young'ns to do the same. Peace and Love, man. Don't buy into the system! Throw it on the ground!

TonyVanDam

Established
I do not watch TV. I currently do not own a TV.

Yes, I have high speed internet. But I do not do Netflix.

And it is for the best that my arrangement stays that way. Shows like The CAOS only reminds me why it is a good thing that I stay far removed from most 21st century entertainment.

And it is for the best that my arrangement stays that way. Shows like The CAOS only reminds me why it is a good thing that I stay far removed from most 21st century entertainment.
Ok Mr.Millenial lol

Z. T. Jacob

Established

I dont usually watch TV, but when I do, I watch Dos Equis commercials

Z. T. Jacob

Established
I don't know you'll even get that joke. Lol.

But seriously in my house, it's hard to avoid being attacked by the TVs mind control. They're the type to use face book and turn on the TV for background noise. Somebody once said the Telivision is actually Tell Lie Vision, and I agree.

Etagloc

Superstar

But seriously in my house, it's hard to avoid being attacked by the TVs mind control. They're the type to use face book and turn on the TV for background noise. Somebody once said the Telivision is actually Tell Lie Vision, and I agree.
I suggest going to another room if possible. I've dealt with that problem before and I know how it is. Me, I'm the type to go in another room if someone turns the TV on. I can't stand TV.

Z. T. Jacob

Established
When I do watch TV, I watch documentaries (and dos equis commercials) mostly. There's this really good one on Hulu called We Blew It, it's kind of a look at the current political snd social divisions in America through the lens of the 1960s. It also addresses the fact that the hippie movement failed, and they all turned into yuppies. It's a bit heartwrenching at times, and it has a really good soundtrack.

Etagloc

Superstar
When I do watch TV, I watch documentaries (and dos equis commercials) mostly. There's this really good one on Hulu called We Blew It, it's kind of a look at the current political snd social divisions in America through the lens of the 1960s. It also addresses the fact that the hippie movement failed, and they all turned into yuppies. It's a bit heartwrenching at times, and it has a really good soundtrack.
That sounds interesting. I am interested in learning about the 60's from a "reactionary"
viewpoint. I think a lot of media glamorizes the 60's but I honestly think the 60's was a turn in the wrong direction.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

A Native woman once referred to TV as "The box that diosconnects the dreamer from the dream"..........

You can see that in Mad Men, too, but a documentary would be much shorter.
I think when "psychology" began to infiltrate society and be used in nefarious ways (i.e. propaganda, public relations...later known as advertising) - this was when we started to have problems. Any science (even questionable soft-sciences like psychology (which I lump into this category)), when used to manipulate the public, is bad. That's my feeling on it anyway. From my understanding, this took-off pre Mad-Men years but actually in the early 1900's... Guys like Edward Bernays (nephew of Freud) were bad news. They discovered ways to link into folks' emotional centers to get them to do things - and they took pride in this (oh look how clever I am!). Pathetic, actually.

Anyway, there are plenty of documentaries about it - the one that struck me the most I believe was called "Happiness Machines" or something like that - pretty terrifying in a way - but execellent documentary about the early Ad-Men, Propaganda, etc.