What are your plans?

With everything that is happening, what are your plans to get through this? I have no idea what to do besides pray and rely on God for peace. I’ve bought enough food and supplies to last for maybe 2-3 weeks but what if this last longer? I’d like to know your thoughts.

justjess

Superstar
With everything that is happening, what are your plans to get through this? I have no idea what to do besides pray and rely on God for peace. I’ve bought enough food and supplies to last for maybe 2-3 weeks but what if this last longer? I’d like to know your thoughts.
I don’t really have much of a plan except to keep replenishing food as often as possible.. I have probably a months (could possibly stretch it longer) worth but am replenishing as I go because I don’t know when or if it’s going to become unavailable.

I’m also trying really hard not to spend any of the money I have. I don’t know how long I’m going to be out of work. I’m assuming it’s going to be longer than anticipated.

Trying to focus on the good things.. we don’t live in nyc anymore, we have a yard and a home gym and a basketball hoop, we have each other, we have some money stashed away, we have our health etc. Reminding myself this will not last forever and the more we sacrifice now the quicker it will end.

But my brain is going to quickly tire of this and my boys are already tired of this. So idk. I wish I had no recess from school right now because at least that would be keeping me busy.. I don’t go back for another three and a half weeks (online school to begin with so not effected).

And I’m worried about my family in NYC. Very worried..

I don’t really have much of a plan except to keep replenishing food as often as possible.. I have probably a months (could possibly stretch it longer) worth but am replenishing as I go because I don’t know when or if it’s going to become unavailable.

I’m also trying really hard not to spend any of the money I have. I don’t know how long I’m going to be out of work. I’m assuming it’s going to be longer than anticipated.

Trying to focus on the good things.. we don’t live in nyc anymore, we have a yard and a home gym and a basketball hoop, we have each other, we have some money stashed away, we have our health etc. Reminding myself this will not last forever and the more we sacrifice now the quicker it will end.

But my brain is going to quickly tire of this and my boys are already tired of this. So idk. I wish I had no recess from school right now because at least that would be keeping me busy.. I don’t go back for another three and a half weeks (online school to begin with so not effected).

And I’m worried about my family in NYC. Very worried..
I’m so sorry about you being out of work. I wish there were more comforting words I could write.

I have family in NY/NJ as well. While I’m glad I moved away last year from NY, now I’m kind of wishing I could be closer just in case. This is all very disheartening:(

justjess

Superstar
I’m so sorry about you being out of work. I wish there were more comforting words I could write.

I have family in NY/NJ as well. While I’m glad I moved away last year from NY, now I’m kind of wishing I could be closer just in case. This is all very disheartening:(
I’m having similar “survivors guilt” I think.. I don’t know what else to call it.

We moved away specifically because we were scared of something like this happening and understood that if it did that would be the worst possible place to be and likely mean we would be stuck there like a rat in a cage.

But no one else moved. Despite us repeatedly asking them to and urgently asking them to since the beginning of February and offering them all to stay here. And now I feel guilty as hell to have left them behind or not to have done more to get them to understand the urgency of them leaving than we did

I know we tried everything we could. But on some other level I am beating myself up that we didn’t find some other way. And now they’re all trapped there. And we can’t do shit about it.

Dalit

Star
Actually am listening to Joe Rogan's podcast with Andy Stumpf and while I get sick of the constant cussing, Stumpf talked about controlling what you can control. So just trying to do that and not get into the "what ifs". Keep eating my meals at such and such time every day (okay, sometimes this gets messed up, but I keep eating them spaced apart by at least 3-5 hours). Keep exercising. Spend time listening or watching or reading something edifying. Check in on family. Check in on friends. Plan more meals. Exercise more maybe. Kinda boring. Watch some of the news, but cut it off when it's too much. The press conferences basically repeat the same thing: "We don't know. This is all new. We're trying to help." A few minutes of news coverage is about all I need.

Lisa

Superstar
One other thing I'd like to mention that helps me so much, especially lately. When I feel myself starting to panic, I have to force myself to stop and just praise God. I'll praise Him for His mercy, His Word, His love and justice, for everything He has provided us with no matter how big or small. He is the reason we have everything we have, including our skills and talents. That alone is so humbling and comforting to me, and the anxiety melts away.
Focusing on God is the best comfort and He does melt fear and anxiety..because when I am weak then I am strong!!!

One other thing I'd like to mention that helps me so much, especially lately. When I feel myself starting to panic, I have to force myself to stop and just praise God. I'll praise Him for His mercy, His Word, His love and justice, for everything He has provided us with no matter how big or small. He is the reason we have everything we have, including our skills and talents. That alone is so humbling and comforting to me, and the anxiety melts away.
Thank you for this. It’s really encouraging.

Tidal

Star
I’ve bought enough food and supplies to last for maybe 2-3 weeks but what if this last longer?..
Yeah I've got enough canned food and big bottles of pop to last a few weeks and will keep nipping out to the grocers every few days to buy more, that's all we can do.
There's also the possibility that the water and electricity water will go off if a lot of workers don't turn up for work, so do as I've done and buy a bunch of spare torch and radio batteries, and also fill up empty bottles and pots and pans with water.
At least spring is just around the corner so we won't have to struggle through a bleak midwinter.. :D

AdjeYen

Established
Greetings and blessings, sister. :) I am trying to think with a very calm mind and planning ahead what I SHOULD do after this "corona" situation cools off a bit, BUT, I'm having a feeling we're not really ever going back to our old daily life before this virus even took place worldwide, so best would be to prepare ourselves for the worst and what is awaiting us.
I'm trying to pray as much as possible, as being a Muslim my parents aren't really "believers" so I'm trying to show them things, step by step.
This is 100% going to take longer, I'm having a feeling this isn't a biological warfare but a economical warfare instead. Dr. Ted Ross said lately how the virus gets to money, so I'm having a feeling we're going to use "electronic money" soon. Stay safe.

Vision

Veteran
Praying, plodding along and learning!

My desire to spend however has depleted which is good for my wallet but not for businesses in general.

Cintra

Star
Catch up on some housework
Get food when we can
Keep in touch with a few people via text or phone
Put my feet up
Play my MUD

Sorted

Hooligan69

Established
Hang out at home, read books, watch television, spend money only on food and drink. But so much isolation cannot be good for my mental health. I'm doing okay so far.

Maes17

Superstar
My plan?
Well I’m furloughed. Have money put aside. Always saved for a rainy day.

Considering my time now a vacation with all my fave spots shut down lol.

Just enjoying my family, thankful they are healthy and trying to be a positive force within my neighborhood and my online presence.

We’ll get through all this. Stay healthy guys. Really.
And just keep an eye on congress. It’s astonishing to think this country is shut down over a supposed deadly virus while congress can’t determine how to get the economy going pointing fingers at each other while their citizens suffer.

#Merica