What Are You Watching?

clambot

Veteran
Ughhhh. I remember this weirdo on TV when I was a kid. Can't even recall anything he was in except he seemed to pop up on almost every other TV show.
That "weirdo" is none other than Jack Elam, a beloved character actor most notable for his supporting roles in Western movies, youngun.

redqueen

Superstar
daywatch nf movie about vampires/hunters
has jamie fox and snoop dogg as hunters
not a bad watch if ya like that kinda thing
lots of action vampires and quite funny
I did lol a few time would say go ahead
check this one out

was supposed to be my shutting off time
for a bit but of course I can't sometimes there's
some crap in this as with any promoted movie

polymoog

Superstar
any opinions on the following shows would be appreciated (especially woke warnings)

american rust
dark winds
night sky
old man
shadow and bone
slow horses
the essex serpent
under the banner or heaven
toyko vice
the offer

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Love Steve Martin!
He's brilliant! What I love about Steve Martin is he didn't try to mimic Peter Sellers in the new version Pink Panther films. He brought his own amazing comedic style to the Clouseau character, and I thought it worked very well. Not an easy task going up against some one as funny as Peter Sellers.

On season 2 now.
Love murder mysteries. Especially cheesy comedy ones. :)
A girlfriend of mine says the show is very good. I'll have to check it out for sure.

Lucy

Star
He's brilliant! What I love about Steve Martin is he didn't try to mimic Peter Sellers in the new version Pink Panther films. He brought his own amazing comedic style to the Clouseau character, and I thought it worked very well. Not an easy task going up against some one as funny as Peter Sellers.

A girlfriend of mine says the show is very good. I'll have to check it out for sure.
I don't think there is anything that Steve Martin has ever been in that I have not enjoyed watching!

Let me know how you like the show!

redqueen

Superstar
fanatic nf series
about a fan who looks exactly like a star
that dies and the managers of the star
decide to have the fan take his place

just started first episode done but seems
an alright watch interesting as maybe thats
what really happens when news comes out
that some star has died however but then gets
retracted as nope turns out that star is alive

could that be the ones that are said to be clones
and could that be why there are slight differences
with these "cloned stars" idk but gonna watch and
See how it goes

polymoog

Superstar
MEME-a-Lago & the IRS

31:35. really good batch of memes this week.

FilthPig

Veteran
Andrei Rublev, Drama, directed by Andrei Tarkovsky (1966)
"The picture unfolds a wide panorama of the life in Russia at the beginning of the 15th century, when the Russian genius artist Andrei Rublev lived and worked. His creations showed the world a miracle of harmony, beauty, light, hope - and all this at a time when the country is torn apart by princely civil strife, and Tatar raids, famine and pestilence are chasing the people. The film is divided into eight short stories, which have little plot connection with each other, but paint a general picture of medieval Russia, which is taking shape like a mosaic work. The film was included in the 100 best films in the history of cinema, according to a survey of film critics of the world in 1978."

I think this movie still stands the test of time. I remember watching it on TV when it first aired and was on the edge of my seat until the end. Hal Holbrook delivers one of the BEST lines in a movie, IMHO. They certainly don't make them like this anymore. Also gotta' love the '70s commercials :D:

Murder by Natural Causes - 1979 CBS Saturday Night Movie

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I most likely posted this in another thread some time ago. It's worth posting again.
Very revealing 70's TV movie drama. It's full of gaslighting and deception. Hard to believe this was actually shown on TV.

A successful professor has his life disrupted by a secret from his past - in his college days he became a member of a powerful secret society, and now the society has a job for him. Starring: Glenn Ford (who in real life was a Freemason)

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
New Paradigm Apocalypse Popcorn - Ep2 waykiwayki

1 hr 36.

im 32 minutes into this. a great roundup on all of the topics of the board, plus, mark threw in a lot of pryor/wilder clips which make it awesome.