What Are You Watching?

Maes17

Superstar
Haven’t watched a damn thing in a week.
Been to focused on work, workouts and family obligations.

Maybe I’ll watch some impractical jokers or something tomorrow

Maes17

Superstar
Watching money heist.
Do not know an ounce of spanish, so I’m getting good at the whole subtitle thing

Maes17

Superstar
Varsity Blues.
James Van Der Beek’s character was the only guy seeing all the BS going around town and challenged that authority

polymoog

Superstar
i watched a lot of stuff while on break from here.

this was the best of conspiracy docs ive watched recently:

worth watching just for the excellent treatment of the JFK assassination.

good stuff:

these final hours (very good)
room (very good)
when you comin back, red ryder?
leftovers, season 1 (2 and 3 were good; season 1 was simply better.)
making of a murder, season 1 and 2 (i cannot believe his guy went through all this!)
succession, season 1 (great writing; terrible camera work)
a scanner darkly (robert downey jr was fantastic in this)
upgrade
the sting
the game
paper moon
the edge (hopkins shines here, again)
the drop
wild wild country (6 parts; fascinating)
survivors (1975 BBC series)
a simple plan
mad max fury road (ONLY for the superb work of the supporting crew. the story was awful and stupid and had nothing to do with mad max, but the effects, costumes, and designers who developed the vehicles did an outstanding job.)

Last edited:

Lil axe

Veteran
just watched , out of the shadows, seen the doc was shared on vc main site, wasnt too bad, mentioned things from vc site along with images

polymoog

Superstar
hated stuff:

narcos series. not sure what i was thinking downloading something that casts the US government/DEA as the good guys. that was the best thing about breaking bad: that the brother in law DEA scumbag was killed at the end... although the DEAs wife deserved to die. i hated that walter junior from the moment i saw him on the show.... matter of fact, i ended up hating almost everyone on the show for flip flopping, so by the end, i wasnt even cheering anyone on.

handmaids tale. this deserves its own thread with the sheer amount of propaganda in it. holy cow.

Maes17

Superstar
hated stuff:

narcos series. not sure what i was thinking downloading something that casts the US government/DEA as the good guys. that was the best thing about breaking bad: that the brother in law DEA scumbag was killed at the end... although the DEAs wife deserved to die. i hated that walter junior from the moment i saw him on the show.... matter of fact, i ended up hating almost everyone on the show for flip flopping, so by the end, i wasnt even cheering anyone on.

handmaids tale. this deserves its own thread with the sheer amount of propaganda in it. holy cow.
Narcos will come obviously from an american perspective. So from that take away of course it’ll paint the cause to look good.

I liked the portrayal of Escobar. The guy who played him definitely had a vibe that resonated.
Idk. When Pablo stops on a bench to eat ice cream. Just something so simple and relaxing.

I rarely watch much television. So I usually follow the trends that pop up on the internet like tiger king which is laughable cause I know red necks

polymoog

Superstar
Narcos will come obviously from an american perspective. So from that take away of course it’ll paint the cause to look good.
lets be clear: its for sheeple who think its the latin drug cartels that are doing everything. youve got to be in a coma not to know that the american CIA isnt bringing in billions of hard drugs.
btw, if its from an american perspective, why have so much spanish with no subtitles?

Maes17

Superstar
lets be clear: its for sheeple who think its the latin drug cartels that are doing everything. youve got to be in a coma not to know that the american CIA isnt bringing in billions of hard drugs.
btw, if its from an american perspective, why have so much spanish with no subtitles?
Cause they try to be “real” with the latin side of things. It’s produced by netflix, an American company. So they’ll make the Americans look like the good guys.

Think like how back in the day when the russians were the considered the bad guys. American movies like Rocky was anti commie/bad russia

Lil axe

Veteran
Cause they try to be “real” with the latin side of things. It’s produced by netflix, an American company. So they’ll make the Americans look like the good guys.

Think like how back in the day when the russians were the considered the bad guys. American movies like Rocky was anti commie/bad russia
rambo 3, he was fighting russians in afghanistan , and the afghani's were innocent , helpless, russia were evil, few years go by, usa wants back over there, afghanistan is now bad and training alqaeda terrorists, its like on that documentary , out of the shadows, they talk about how movies form the minds of the people, while cia is behind some of the action

Maes17

Superstar
rambo 3, he was fighting russians in afghanistan , and the afghani's were innocent , helpless, russia were evil, few years go by, usa wants back over there, afghanistan is now bad and training alqaeda terrorists, its like on that documentary , out of the shadows, they talk about how movies form the minds of the people, while cia is behind some of the action
Yeah. We have propaganda entertainment too. It’s just not as hardcore like the way N. Korea or Russia shows it.

US is very low key in their motives. That actually drew me into the mk ultra type of research

polymoog

Superstar
narcos is masturbation material for american law enforcement personnel. many conservatives who believe in the war on drugs will also eat that up, but even they wouldnt want to sit through a program where you dont know what theyre saying half the time. im surprised it didnt get cancelled after season 1.

Maes17

Superstar
narcos is masturbation material for american law enforcement personnel. many conservatives who believe in the war on drugs will also eat that up, but even they wouldnt want to sit through a program where you dont know what theyre saying half the time. im surprised it didnt get cancelled after season 1.
It’s a form of propaganda material. Conservatives do enjoy that stuff