What Are You Watching?

Maes17

Superstar
Since the lockdown, we’ve watched a lot of forgettable stuff, but I enjoyed Ready Player One, and The Departed, which I had not seen. I wish I had not seen Hobbes and Shaw, or Shazam.

We’re watching Westworld, which is good but kind of intense, and we just got a VPN, which means US Netflix, which means my wife has several seasons of The Big Bang Theory to catch up on, so it balances out. We just rewatched Sherlock in a mini-binge, and once again I’m astonished at how much I love that show.

And my son is going through Teen Titans Go! for about the sixth time, so I get to watch that, too. :)
My son likes teen titans go as well.
When I was in high school, I was a fan of the original series on cartoon network. The series is a little too dark compared to teen titans go however.

Thunderian

Superstar
Ive liked it so far. Im always glad to see Phil’s writing get a popular adaptation and I’m glad when its done well. Cañon City is just a short drive from where I live so it’s cool to see it as a major setting. I wonder if they shot the Colorado scenes up in your neighborhood?
They shot in BC and in Washington state, and I didn’t recognize the Colorado exteriors, so it may have been in WA. They used a lot of CGI, too. One shot I remember was of the hospital parking lot in Vancouver that lived across the street from. I knew I knew the area but it took me a second to understand they CGI’d a building where the parking lot was.

I think the neatest thing is the location they use for the mines in the Poconos. It’s an old copper mine that’s about an hour from where we live, and a couple months ago I went with my son’s school group and took the tour.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Add the new Pet Sematary, Cloud Atlas, Ad Astra, Come to Daddy, Masterminds, Pineapple Express, Attack the Block, Fighting With My Family, It: Chapter 2, and an Ethan Hawke double feature Daybreakera and Predestination to the list...

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Fantastic Four, Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Avengers Endgame, Midsommer, The Turning, Parasite...

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
How was Parasite?
It was pretty good for a "read a movie" cause subtitles. Not what I was expecting at all. I thought it was supposed to be a horror movie but it's more of a dark dramedy. Worth your time. Also, despite the negative press etc The Hunt turned out to be a pretty good movie, too. The left and the right were both mocked a bit in the film. so it was a 2 way street.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
My wife and I just started Babylon Berlin on Netflix. So far it’s pretty interesting.

I’m going to start season three of Fauda at some point, and we have season three of Westworld on deck, too.

Dalit

Star
Started watching this:

Thinking of getting a Sundance Now trial for this:

Not again, Anna Bates.

And watched this for 80s nostalgia.

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
This silly comedy has a lot of serious themes to it, the premise being about a grown woman having been in a cult compound for 15 years.

To hear the songs better (16:42-17:54)

Tried watching this, but it bored me after awhile. Basically, everyone sleeps with everyone to get ahead.