What Are You Watching?

Maes17

Superstar
Gwinnett is actually a bit high class being close to Atlanta, I would think.

A friend of mine who once lived in Vidalia, GA (home of the Miss Sweet Onion pageant) said that about a 1/3 of a high school class admitted to having burned a barn.

Vidalia onions are awesome to cook with. :)
Gwinnett overall is nice. I know a couple who lives there though who are trailer trash - well attitude wise.

I lived in Athens for two years college. Then my last year in GA after we had our son we lived in Woodstock, GA with my wife’s aunt and uncle who helped us with the baby while we finished school.

Then we wound up moving back to Albuquerque, NM. Got job offers around the south though. UGA has awesome alumni benefits

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
So far I've watched Deadpool, Deadpool 2, The Thing, X-Files: Fight the Future, Captain Marvel, JoJo Rabbit, Jumanji: The Next Level, No Country for Old Men, Terminator: Dark Fate, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hunt, Joker, Birds of Prey, Zombieland 2, The Gentleman, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Alien: Covenant, Knives Out, Gemini Man, Good Boys, Rise of The Skywalker, Ghost Ship, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Captain America: The First Avenger, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, The Predator, Vivarium, Kick-Ass 2, Van Helsing, Escape Room, The Invisible Man, White Boy Rick, Inside Job, Cartel Land, The Fear of 13, Clerks 2, Underwater, and rewatching The Strain, and the other day I ate chocolate cake for lunch. What day is it anyway...?

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
So far I've watched Deadpool, Deadpool 2, The Thing, X-Files: Fight the Future, Captain Marvel, JoJo Rabbit, Jumanji: The Next Level, No Country for Old Men, Terminator: Dark Fate, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hunt, Joker, Birds of Prey, Zombieland 2, The Gentleman, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Alien: Covenant, Knives Out, Gemini Man, Good Boys, Rise of The Skywalker, Ghost Ship, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Captain America: The First Avenger, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, The Predator, Vivarium, Kick-Ass 2, Van Helsing, Escape Room, The Invisible Man, White Boy Rick, Inside Job, Cartel Land, The Fear of 13, Clerks 2, Underwater, and rewatching The Strain, and the other day I ate chocolate cake for lunch. What day is it anyway...?
That is impressive.
Today is monday.
Tuesday on the east coast

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
1951, 1982, or 2011?
source.gif
For like the hundreth time. It's like Aliens...if it's on I'll probably watch it again. Kinda fits with what's up currently, as in who's got it? Who's The Thing? That 2011 joint wasn't really a The Thing movie, it was more a Resident Evil movie... :rolleyes: Although I've watched so much the last month, yesterday I started cranking up the tunes and trying to get some spring cleaning and organizing done, which I never usually have a problem with it, but it's a little harder to shut out the world and concentrate on task right now than it usually is. Kinda hard to cut that tether to the outside world these days, if even for a couple hours...

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
We watched shot caller in the car today. Not really my thing but it either reinforced my belief in prison abolition or convinced me that we don’t deal with criminals nearly hard enough
If you can find it watch The Fear of 13. About a guy in prison who shouldn't be, and he's got a good story to tell and is a good storyteller. For a good doc about people not in jail who should be, check out Inside Job (2010). It proves that Bernie Madoff was the best of Wall St.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Add Crawl, I Am Mother, The Thing (2011), Shazam! and Prometheus (now rewatched all movies in the Alien series) to the list...It seems like a lot, but while I'm watching I'm breaking down the electronics and restructuring and organizing all of that and giving it all a deep clean wipe down while sitting on the couch watching. Just picture your Granny shelling beans or peas while watching her "stories" in the afternoon and you'll get it. If you've ever stayed with country folk, that is...

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
2015/2016 season Pittsburgh Penguins playoffs re-airs.

Holy fudge baby the Pens were rolling all 4 lines that year. Miss them days

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Whatever's next, I'm gonna watch it on this. Here's the story: I bought this TV for the bedroom because the LG 32' was too small/too far from the bed. But I never got it into play and it has been in the closet for almost 5 years! Bought it on Black Friday 2015 for a steal. Even got a killer deal on a 5 yr service plan which now has about 6 months left lol. There were enough TVs here already though, and even a projector, but the 42" bit the dust so the Westinghouse is rotating into the main lineup. As you can see in the pic I just cut the straps. My hustler voice kept saying, but it's sealed you could probably sell it, , but I ignored and opened it on up cause these are quarapocalyptic times.The TV got great reviews so hopefully it will hold up as the main TV for now. We got a separate faster one for gaming.
IMG_20200410_234457.jpg

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
Tried this today based on a recommend from some story about shows worth checking out. It's actually pretty good.

Dalit

Star
This starts out a little slow and is full of f-bombs, but is interesting. I feel sorry for cousin Greg.

Thunderian

Superstar
I’ve been watching The Man In The High Castle. Wanted to watch it for years. Love the book. Phil is my favorite writer.
My wife and I really enjoyed that series. It’s a great twist on the old “what if the Nazis had won” trope, and a lot of it was shot near where we live. Plus, Stephen Root is in it.

Thunderian

Superstar
Since the lockdown, we’ve watched a lot of forgettable stuff, but I enjoyed Ready Player One, and The Departed, which I had not seen. I wish I had not seen Hobbes and Shaw, or Shazam.

We’re watching Westworld, which is good but kind of intense, and we just got a VPN, which means US Netflix, which means my wife has several seasons of The Big Bang Theory to catch up on, so it balances out. We just rewatched Sherlock in a mini-binge, and once again I’m astonished at how much I love that show.

And my son is going through Teen Titans Go! for about the sixth time, so I get to watch that, too. :)