What Are You Watching?

Maes17

Superstar
Once again college feetsbaw and nhl hockey.
SEC championship
Flyers at Pens. Hope my teams win!!! Hell yeah! :)

elsbet

Superstar
Well tell her to look in her local shelter for a smaller dog before trying to buy one.
Pushy... smh-- but in this case, correct.

There are also worthwhile Rescues that pull these dogs from pounds, give them the proper medical care (they need it), then foster them until they find a permanent home. It doesn't end there, either-- the Rescue chips them, and they remain the contact should the dog get lost. They also keep the adoptive person's contact info, and check in, early on. My mom just got a little dog through one of these rescues... and she is so little. And adorable with a lovely disposition. Poor thing-- she wouldn't have found her, if it hadn't been for the Rescue organization. I shudder to think... thank God people do this. ♡♡♡

Too many dogs and cats that need homes, man-- just saying. A little kitten wandered up to my mom's front door a few years back.. naturally, I fed her. My mom still has her, and I have her two kittens (cats, now.. and they've all been fixed).

On topic... I haven't watched this, yet-- I just found it. But I'm going to, as soon as I post this.. I ♡ Ali Siadatan ~ skip the intro stuff and go straight to the speaker, if ye, like me, have little patience.

mecca

Superstar
Pushy... smh-- but in this case, correct.
:|
It was more of a suggestion, I didn't mean it in a forceful way... But yeah, the overbreeding of dogs (and other animals) is a serious issue that leads to a lot of wasted lives and going to a shelter is always going to be the better choice. So I do think it is important to alert people of this and make sure that they know rescuing an animal is an option so they don't overlook it. There's really no reason to go to a breeder before at least looking in your local shelter.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
:|
It was more of a suggestion, I didn't mean it in a forceful way... But yeah, the overbreeding of dogs (and other animals) is a serious issue that leads to a lot of wasted lives and going to a shelter is always going to be the better choice. So I do think it is important to alert people of this and make sure that they know rescuing an animal is an option so they don't overlook it. There's really no reason to go to a breeder before at least looking in your local shelter.
My neighbor down the street got too old to watch his dog, so he asked if we could take care of it while he checked into a retirement home lol.

We did end up taking the dog who is now a big part of the family.
He is one active dog at that.

I agree that animals should be looked at in shelters if considering a pet who needs a home

Dalit

Star
I kinda love this show. I know it's crass and has profanity in it, but it's just funny. Women can be funny. :) Plus, I laughed so hard when Midge's mom and dad nearly fainted at seeing a naked man. The parents are very funny.
Edited: AI is actually discussed in this series. Abe Weissman (the dad) works with it as well as his son Noah.

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
Deutschland 86. If you've not seen it and like spy thrillers set in the 80s, I highly recommend it. Don't let subtitles stop you. :)

Some symbolism in the title/intro sequence, too.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Penguins at blues tonight.
Oklahoma vs Alabama

Being a UGA alum I despise Alabama but....they reppin the SEC.
Go to hell Nick Saban and roll tide!.....I guess

Maes17

Superstar
I almost could've gone to UGA. Small world! Go Dawgs! Ugga.
I was offered a full ride, so I went. Was the funnest experience. I came back home very independent. Still have a few friends whom I keep in touch with from GA. They all live in Alpharetta or Woodstock though.