What Are You Watching?

Handcar

Rookie
I'm currently watching the second season of Gomorrah. It's really good so far, based on the book Gomorrah by Roberto Saviano and the film Gomorrah directed by Matteo Garrone

Trenton

Veteran
My sweet boy got to star in the first episode of Junji Ito Collection!

/screams to death

elsbet

Superstar
I can't believe I missed this post!

Thank you :) I am inclined to avoid the Strain based on the picture alone (ugh) but I have been curious about Fargo. I'm watching From Dusk til Dawn right now. Snake-vampire things and Aztec ruins-- Santanico Pandemonium lol

I will be checking these out ^^ :)

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
I'm watching From Dusk til Dawn right now. Snake-vampire things and Aztec ruins
And Selma Hayek! Hubba Hubba lol...If you're watching that then you'll be alright with The Strain. It's only 4 seasons and it's pretty awesome. From Guilermo Del Toro/Chuck Hogan novels with Carlton Cuse as the showrunner. He was the showrunner on LOST and Bates Motel, too. Fargo is awesome. Each season gets better. If you're gonna do Better Call Saul then Breaking Bad is really a must-see first as it all fits together. Breaking Bad is part 1. Better Call Saul is part 2. The X-Files is doing a new mini-run this year. They're off for the Olympics for 2 weeks. The last episode was pretty good as it was kinda campy and dealt with the "Mandela Effect" (or "Mengele Effect"-depends on the timeline);). Bates Motel has 5 seasons and was a pretty decent reimagining of the story. Snowfall on FX is good. It's about how the CIA flooded LA with cocaine and started the crack epidemic. Counterpart looks good it's about parallel dimensions but it's on Starz and The Alienist on TNT or TBS, whichever one has really good actors playing the parts. As always, Hulu is your friend here...

I don't watch much of anything outside of anime lately. Most of it is trash, but fun trash, that I likely won't remember much about when I've finished it. Dumb, shallow stuff that's an entertaining way to spend the night with friends on Rabbit.

But I am really enjoying The Ancient Magus' Bride. It's been a long time since I've seen/read any fantasy series that felt so magical, no pun intended. The world feels fantastical and mysterious.

Also enjoy Record of Grancrest War for what it is; a simple Swords & Sorcery story.

Last edited:
My sweet boy got to star in the first episode of Junji Ito Collection!

/screams to death
I can't get into this. Ito's work is some of the only horror outside Lovecraft, but animated it doesn't have the same sort of unsettling feeling. The art in the manga is feels unwholesome, in the sort of way that disturbs and fascinates you, but the animation just doesn't fit. I've heard it gets better after the first episode, but I don't know.

Trenton

Veteran
I can't get into this. Ito's work is some of the only horror outside Lovecraft, but animated it doesn't have the same sort of unsettling feeling. The art in the manga is feels unwholesome, in the sort of way that disturbs and fascinates you, but the animation just doesn't fit. I've heard it gets better after the first episode, but I don't know.
No, to be honest, the animation is incredibly lazy and rushed it seems. But I'm such a diehard fan I get super excited every week when the new episodes come out @_@

I'm pretty peeved that "Cloth Teacher" was cut in half from the manga. They completely cut out the beginning of the story explaining WHY Souichi turned the teachers into dolls. So if someone hasn't read the manga, then they definitely aren't going to know whats going on.

and tumblrites have gotten ahold of Ito's work now never having read his books and its making me vomit a little
how many Souichi-kins i have to see now

they never

even

read it

彼らに呪いしています

Last edited:

TMT

Star
Season 11 of the X-Files it's the best the show has been since season 5, loving one final go around.

sim hae

Established
Just watched the first episode of Krypton. Predictive programming anyone?