What are you reading?

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I'm now reading Neuromancer. I caught myself thinking a lot about the opinion from William Gibson about the internet:

William Gibson says he was wrong about something else: He thought the Internet would be a mysterious and sexy place. "Cyberspace, as described in Neuromancer, is nothing at all like the Internet that we live with, which consists mostly of utterly banal and silly stuff."

Busbyx

Rookie
Introduction to Renewable Energy by Solar Energy International. I was reading the pros and cons of solar panels in this post and got interested to learn more about solar energy in general. Interesting book.

Last edited:

clambot

Veteran
The Complete Stories of Erskine Caldwell

H.L. Mencken, Prejudices (Series 1-6)

The Complete Vonnegut (just now finishing Player Piano [first novel in this four volume set]).

Dalit

Star
Actually, A Nefarious Plot is excellent albeit a hard read. It's Screwtape Letters for America. I suppose the movie will have the death row inmate possessed by Nefarious saying the things he says in the books (there's A Nefarious Carol, too), even though the book is just the demon talking about how clever he is and how stupid humans are. Quite a good little history lesson on the USA in there. Would say it's an MA rating though for some disturbing content.

polymoog

Superstar
clavells king rat (meh) and whirlwind (okay).

adventures of robinson crusoe. good! enjoyable.

captains courageous by kipling. okay.

the stranger by albert camus. if theres a deeper meaning in this short novel, i didnt catch it. i felt it was like someone gave me a 2 pieces of bread with nothing between as a sandwich.

russell kirkpatricks 'fire of heaven' series. starts out very promising, but loses a bit of steam at the end. the battle scenes were well written. i was entertained, but it wasnt fantastic. his fantasy world he created seems a bit empty without some strange, otherworldy creatures. its just humans and normal animals. i was hoping for something more.

Dalit

Star
Love Thy Body by Nancy Pearcey. Highly recommend it. It pretty much addresses every social issue mentioned here (abortion, euthanasia/assisted suicide, transgenderism, tyranny of government over individual lives, etc) in a logical, well-researched way. Want to read more by her, especially her book on masculinity that is upcoming.

I used to binge read his stuff in jr high/high school at the public library. Ended up buying most of his stuff used online once i was an adult.

This one in particular had a terminator-ish feel to it. Well, terminator with less action and weapons lol.

This one was another favorite. Really makes some connections to the dangers dissociation and drug abuse. Not so harmless...