What are you reading?

Kedwyn

Thanks for all the recommended fiction books:) Unfortunately, I have no much time to read them;( Now I read only professional literature about the real estate such as this Greece property. But I love fiction as well. The last book I read is Martin Eden by Jack London.

Hooligan69

Established
Has anyone out there read Hitler's Monsters: A Supernatural History of the Third Reich? I'm curious enough to give it a try.

The definitive history of the supernatural in Nazi Germany, exploring the occult ideas, esoteric sciences, and pagan religions touted by the Third Reich in the service of power

The Nazi fascination with the occult is legendary, yet today it is often dismissed as Himmler’s personal obsession or wildly overstated for its novelty. Preposterous though it was, however, supernatural thinking was inextricable from the Nazi project. The regime enlisted astrology and the paranormal, paganism, Indo-Aryan mythology, witchcraft, miracle weapons, and the lost kingdom of Atlantis in reimagining German politics and society and recasting German science and religion. In this eye-opening history, Eric Kurlander reveals how the Third Reich’s relationship to the supernatural was far from straightforward. Even as popular occultism and superstition were intermittently rooted out, suppressed, and outlawed, the Nazis drew upon a wide variety of occult practices and esoteric sciences to gain power, shape propaganda and policy, and pursue their dreams of racial utopia and empire.

Last edited:

saki

Star
Has anyone out there read Hitler's Monsters: A Supernatural History of the Third Reich? I'm curious enough to give it a try.

The definitive history of the supernatural in Nazi Germany, exploring the occult ideas, esoteric sciences, and pagan religions touted by the Third Reich in the service of power

The Nazi fascination with the occult is legendary, yet today it is often dismissed as Himmler’s personal obsession or wildly overstated for its novelty. Preposterous though it was, however, supernatural thinking was inextricable from the Nazi project. The regime enlisted astrology and the paranormal, paganism, Indo-Aryan mythology, witchcraft, miracle weapons, and the lost kingdom of Atlantis in reimagining German politics and society and recasting German science and religion. In this eye-opening history, Eric Kurlander reveals how the Third Reich’s relationship to the supernatural was far from straightforward. Even as popular occultism and superstition were intermittently rooted out, suppressed, and outlawed, the Nazis drew upon a wide variety of occult practices and esoteric sciences to gain power, shape propaganda and policy, and pursue their dreams of racial utopia and empire.
Wewelsburg Castle – The Nazi Temple of Doom

Sep 14, 2015 Joris Nieuwint

Photo credit: Left; Right

....they were intensely interested in the legend(s) of King Arthur and the Knights of The Round Table, as you will learn in that book... fascinating tale, even tho I have not read that particular book.... please enjoy and report back here what you find!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A couple of interesting leads, given Hitlers obsession with the “Great White Brotherhood”

I don’t endorse occult sources, but it is better to understand what they actually claim.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
I broke out my Amazon e-reader that I bought like 4 years ago but never really used (I have a lot of physical books), but I would always send free books to it or pick up something I wanted cheap. I fired it up the other day and it had 207 books on it. So I'm going to read this one on it first. It's the book the film Angel Heart is based on...
1586421662114.png

Cintra

Star
Reading Bernard Cornwell's warlord chronicles.

Less set piece battles than his other stuff.
And I know the places, so I like it for that.

Cintra

Star
View attachment 36326
Who has read this? The story of Troy told from a female persective.
Not trying to be funny with you. And back in the day I enjoyed her Mists of Avalon book, before I found out about her.

But she was involved with p***philia, and defending her pedo husband.

Because of that I do not think I will ever read any of her books again.

polymoog

Superstar

stalins secret agents
: a solid book that will leave you very angry and disgusted at how this was allowed to happen. the numbers of communists infiltrating the US, steering foreign policy for the soviets is sickening. 8/10

the roosevelt myth: a harsh critique of FDRs presidency. this is the side you dont read in history books. at times, the economic stuff is a bit dry but the information and detail is very good. a poor president in the beginning and a careless one at the end who sealed millions to their fate at the hands of stalin. a top 5 worst US president. 8/10

gulag archipelago: i dont like his style. some of the stories were good, though. 6.5/10

kolyma stories: shalamov is dreary and these stories are fiction but based on real accounts. i preferred this over solzhenitzyn even though the latters tales were true. (shalamov has an abridged version out there with the same title.)

bush family secrets: disappointingly shallow book on poppy and W. a mainstream-ish book that covers the veneer of poppy bushs zapata oil dealings, but doesnt mention any magog or Ws homosexual leanings. its a bush conspiracy book for non conspiracy people. however, it DOES allow the reader to laterally research other individuals who were strongly associated with the bush family: harriman bros., dulles brothers, etc. 5.5/10

miracle creek: read this b/c dalit said it was great. i didnt like it, but wasnt horrible. didnt like the ending, either. 4.5/10

bad trouble (or something like that) by lee child. empty calorie reading with a wholly unlikeable protagonist. started out decent enough, but fell completely flat. 3/10

any place i lay my hat empty calories again. the sarcasm and attempts at witty humor missed for me. 2.5/10

tai pan a great chinese adventure book set in the 19th c. the page turn-ability of a wilbur smith book with a more developed plot and characters. clavell is a great storyteller. 8.5/10

a most wanted man by john lecarre. the guy is a great writer, theres no doubt about that, but this one was bad. 5/10

theres a bunch of others, but i cant recall the titles.