What are you listening to?

Heard this on a weekly radio show a while ago and recalled the 90’s music era when talented vocal artists were still prevalent. I found Lisa singing the song live in Japan, and it is one exceptional performance! I think the last time someone hit the note she sings at 3:10 was Minnie Ripperton. Unfortunately, she’s a one hit wonder, but has helped the Rolling Stones sound better when they’re on tour :):

Serveto

Star
I just noticed that the late Leonard Cohen apparently contributed to the lyrics of this song, which I like, but I do wonder if he, Michael Stipe and others from REM had been either watching David Icke videos or know of, well, unorthodox medical procedures unavailable to the masses ...

"You want to climb the ladder
You want to see forever
You want to go out Friday
And you want to go forever
And you want to cross your DNA
To cross your DNA with something reptile
And you're questioning the sciences
And questioning religion
You're looking like an idiot
And you no longer care ..."

I just noticed that the late Leonard Cohen apparently contributed to the lyrics of this song, which I like, but I do wonder if he, Michael Stipe and others from REM had been either watching David Icke videos or know of, well, unorthodox medical procedures unavailable to the masses ...
I tried multiple times to understand what the Michael Stipe lyrics are all about in R.E.M's albums Automatic For The People, Out of Time, Adventures in Hi-Fi and Monster. I remember reading somewhere that all their albums where linked to River Phoenix and his death.

And I, for my part, have tried to determine what if any drug Stipe is possibly, I emphasize possibly, on in this live, and good, video. I have only tentatively concluded that it both looks and feels like the muted, subdued, overly sleepy sixth night into a pensive and emotional meth mission. At any rate, and drugs aside, I would have enjoyed attending this concert ...
I guess everybody knows him as a...peculiar artist. If he's on drugs in that video I wouldn't be surprised, though.
This one is a good one by R.E.M