What are you listening to?

One of the best songs, in my opinion, on both the reality and desolation of hard drug addiction. I heard it one night when I was both whacked and strung out on a pharmaceutical grade controlled substance (stimulant), which substance largely had control of me, and it helped me to come to terms with my own problem and get clean. Fuck "the man" who is guarding the poppy fields of Afghanistan, as I write, and fuck the cheap heroin on the street, often laced with the also deadly Fentanyl. This is in memory of some of my friends who didn't survive the so called "drug war" and to many of the walking wounded, in my life, who arguably did ...

Beautifully said good sir. I know what you describe exactly.

One of the best songs, in my opinion, on both the reality and desolation of hard drug addiction. I heard it one night when I was both whacked and strung out on a pharmaceutical grade controlled substance (stimulant), which substance largely had control of me, and it helped me to come to terms with my own problem and get clean. Fuck "the man" who is guarding the poppy fields of Afghanistan, as I write, and fuck the cheap heroin on the street, often laced with the also deadly Fentanyl. This is in memory of some of my friends who didn't survive the so called "drug war" and to many of the walking wounded, in my life, who arguably did ...

Heroin was never my poison but I have always found this pretty universal..

I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can
Cause it makes me feel like I'm a man
When I put a spike into my vein
And I tell you things aren't quite the same
When I'm rushing on my run
And I feel just like Jesus' son