What are you listening to?

meximonk

Star
If I had to pick a song someone wrote about me, a theme song, this would be it.

Last edited:

meximonk

Star
Mom was literally a hillbilly from Kentucky.
Dad was a city slicker that hated the South.
We lived in the North.
My Grandma took me to see this with my cousins at the Theatre.
Suddenly, truck stops, grits, fiddles, barn dances, those red and white table cloths, long beards, redneck pride, horseshoes, NASCAR, the Dukes, southern drawl coming out of a pretty girl you know you might marry some day, briskets, old white painted farms with the paint peeling off and chickens all over the place, family reunions outside in the hills with everyone sitting on picnic tables, hay rides, catching lightning bugs in jars with the rest of the kids, real live moonshine (yeah I had uncles that ran it), driving cars around in the mud, fishing when it's hotter than hades outside, wearing overalls, buttermilk biscuits, going for a Sunday drive with the windows rolled down and your hand doing loops out the window, fishing for crawdads with ham on a string down their hole, going to the ol' church that's been in the same place for nearly 2 centuries, ...and Kenny Rogers made sense. I got it. Decades away and thousands of miles away iRL I'd kill to have it all back again.

meximonk

Star
Yup. Can't go wrong with the name "Phil Collins" or the word "Genesis" in front of it. So many good tunes. I even liked 'em with Peter Gabriel, though I like him better as a solo artist. All time fav Genesis/P.C. tracks: "Hold on my Heart", "No Son of Mine", "You Can't Hurry Love", "Come with Me"

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
"That's What the Old Ones Say"

Pre-Colonial Revelations of God to Native America

A revealing book of intriguing stories told by elders from different First Nations Tribes about The Creator, His Son, Native End-Times Prophecies, Revelations & more.

Many of these traditional stories have been told for generations at Ceremonial Grounds, Stomp Arbors, Powwow Grounds, and private family gatherings tucked away deep on tribal lands. I was honored and humbled to be able to sit and learn these old stories from elders hailing from many First Nations tribes. Comanche, Dineh, Apache, Anishinabe, Aztec, Cherokee, Creek, Cheyenne, Lakota, and Mohawk are a few of the tribes whose elders shared their beautiful stories with me. I listened eagerly to these accounts that were passed down from generation to generation while understanding filled my spirit and I was asked to pass these stories along to the next generation.

These are stories that were told before missionary contact and I realized with each story that I listened to I had heard them before…not from my tribe but from another ancient tribe who has left an impacting legacy on the earth with the greatest story ever told within a book called The Bible.

The Creator planted the seed in my heart to write this book as a way to help build the bridge of reconciliation between the nations. You might laugh, cry, sing for joy or wail from the deepest parts of your soul. Betrayal, love, reconciliation, unity, sacrifice, joy, peace, history, archaeology, science, the perseverance of the human spirit and the longing for Creator to heal our land and broken hearts. A longing for our spirit to be uplifted from the only One who can give us Hope in the face of utter defeat and despair.

I was humbled being entrusted with hearing these stories and was given permission to retell them so they can be shared with the world. Seneco Kakona (Many Blessings). - Chief Joseph RiverWind

A.J.

Star
Woke up to a brand new skyline
We licked our wounds and mourn the dead
Swallow the story hook and sinker
Is that what we meant when we said
That we never would forget?
Are we fools and cowards all
To let them cover up their lies?
Cause we all watched the buildings fall
Watched the scales fall from our eyes
A fire burns beneath Manhattan