What are you listening to?

Awoken2

Superstar
Wow! Listening to that song took me right back to my first year of university. I played this tape in my Walkman attempting to forget I was I attending it - lol!
Bit of nostalgia there for you.

I too have clear memories of what cassette I used to play on my 4 mile walk to work when I was 17. I was a trainee electrician back then and I had to catch a train from my home town and travel 12 miles to the town where the job was. I had to get up at some stupid time in tbe morning (about 5am) to catch the train then walk to the job. It was winter so the walks were in the dark...in all weathers.

This is one of the songs from my favourite cassette at that time.

There's quite an amusing footnote to this story. I worked at that site for around 3 months. It was a frozen food distribution centre. One day whilst we were just finishing some lighting in the roof space of this factory the boss came up to me and said the job was nearly finished and there was no more work lined up locally so he would have to lay me off.

I was a bit gutted at hearing this and walked over to a window just under the roof to gather my thoughts. As I looked through the window I noticed just across the field next to the factory was a train sign. I then realised that the train station I had walked four miles from each day for 3 months was about 200 yards away across a field which would have been very easy to walk across.

Talk about a bad day!

So as you can imagine, I heard the above song quite a lot. :rolleyes: