What Are You Having For Dinner?

Serendipity

Established
Dawaali nummm .... Enjoy ukhti! I'm about to make some for my fam along with kousa and ribs.
Are you sure you're not Arab? lol. You keep surprising me. Yum yum, enjoy your meal as well. Do you know 'kibbe'? If not, you're missing out. I'm sure you're going to love it.

Thank you, wish I can share it with all of you here! If anyone ever visits, let me know and I will take care of you.

Are you sure you're not Arab? lol. You keep surprising me. Yum yum, enjoy your meal as well. Do you know 'kibbe'? If not, you're missing out. I'm sure you're going to love it.

Thank you, wish I can share it with all of you here! If anyone ever visits, let me know and I will take care of you.
I'm not but my zawj is. :). I do enjoy kibbe too - haven't made it yet though. I love all Arabian dishes. My favorite easy, versatile, and satisfying dish is makhlubeh... a little salata and laban and we are good to go. :)

Serendipity

Established
I'm not but my zawj is. :). I do enjoy kibbe too - haven't made it yet though. I love all Arabian dishes. My favorite easy, versatile, and satisfying dish is makhlubeh... a little salata and laban and we are good to go. :)
Ohh it makes more sense now. Allah yehmekom (God protect you all).

I'll ask my mother for the recipe if you want to try it once. I'm not a fan of makloubeh, but it's impressive that you actually make it.

Ameen wa iyyakum, Shukran habibti I'd like that inshaa'Allah. Makhlobeh impressive? It's such a cinch and my kids love it (almost as much as moulukhia) ;) you can send in pm or post it here for others to try too. If anyone ever rolled a joint they can roll a grape leave - :D

Serendipity

Established
Ameen wa iyyakum, Shukran habibti I'd like that inshaa'Allah. Makhlobeh impressive? It's such a cinch and my kids love it (almost as much as moulukhia) ;)
Ahla w sahla :)

Maklobeh, mlokheye, any more surprises? You might as well move to the Middle East :D Well its impressive to me since I still don't know how to cook lol. I'll ask my mum and post the recipes here then.

you can send in pm or post it here for others to try too. If anyone ever rolled a joint they can roll a grape leave - :D
Lol, so true.

Tatilina

Star
Tonight we will be having Parmesean herb shake 'n' bake chicken drumsticks with Caeser Salad topped with losts of asiago shredded cheese, raw mixed veggies (cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, and carrots with a graden veggie dip), and cherry pie for dessert.

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
Bump,
(Rainerann gets the credit for starting this thread before)

All these are simple and quick - keywords happen to be "chili powder" :):

Ramen idea, as mentioned above:
Put in any selection of mixed vegetables - chopped small; I like white/red skin potatoes, and a couple of tomatoes especially (if say, 3 pkgs. ramen) and if not handy, then a bit of tomato juice.
1/2-1 tsp.+ Chili powder, Mrs. Dash, and pepper for seasoning also.
Noodles put in at the end but keep firm.

As mentioned in random thoughts:
chili and buttered pasta, or mixed with a macaroni/cheese combo

Layered casserole with salsa (ends up being layered once, and then twice):
cooked rice (brown preferred), at least 4 cups and depends on pot size, divide in 1/2
1/2 amount kidney beans, drained (540ml size can if I remember)
"1/2" of salsa mixture, medium spiced (yep, with chili powder added, fresh black pepper, and some chives is great too); the more "liquidy" the better, as it can seep into the rice more
cheddar cheese
toasted sunflower seeds
repeat layers one more time
Bake in oven until cheese is melted and browned
Tastes great the next day too

-----
Borscht (Mom's style which is basically a vegetable soup, I'm not Ukrainian):
Mixture of veggies (white/red skin potatoes, broad beans (Lima would be fine too), cabbage, green & yellow beans, carrots, celery, onion, beets, lots of dill, peas at the very end and in the shell or not)
Pepper and salt to taste (ha, no chili powder in this recipe)
Don't forget the fresh bread or buns to enjoy with it!

Fake bacon & tomato sandwich:
Fresh tomato on bottom layer, with fresh black pepper on it and chives sprinkled on to get them wet
Bacon bits, real or the veggie kind
That's it!

Last edited:

Zoidberg

Established
I am having a themed Futurama dinner with a Bearnaise themed sauce. The Bearnaise sauce covers the outer portions of the meal, which consists of Bender's head, Hermes's paychecks, Fry's love, Lila's eyeball, etc. My side dish is a mix of caviar with burrata cheese. DELICIOUS!

Trenton

Veteran
watch for MSG
I don't mind MSG, but at the same rate all the brands I buy are msg free. Mostly IndoMei, Nongshim, Sapporo and Samyang. All great.

I have "lucky me" brand as well but I haven't read the ingredients. And another Indonesian brand I can't recall the name of.

JoChris

Superstar
I made my home-made bacon and vegetable white sauce, with bacon and cheese tortellini (bought).

I chop and fry some bacon, onion, mushrooms, capsicum, celery, zucchini, mixed herbs and pepper until all ingredients semi-soft.
I make a white sauce http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/whitesauce_1298
I then add fried ingredients to white sauce and simmer until completely soft.

It is a great way to use up old vegetables.