What’s your take on the doppelgänger “phenomenon”?

PeninsulaDweller

Established
My take is there are, reportedly, over 7 thousand million humans alive today. So, over 7 thousand million genomes. There were, however, much fewer humans not a hundred years ago. Not to mention at the start of our species some 200 thousand years ago, we seven billions must have originated from a much smaller number of Homo Sapiens. That means that the genetic variety is not as huge as the current number of individuals of our species would seem to suggest. We are basically the same genes in existence at the beginning of our species + mutations - those that didn't reproduce at all or were exterminated, recombined in different ways. Some of those random recombination of genes result in individuals with almost identical DNA and gene expression, in spite of the fact that those identical strands of DNA will be identical by chance (IBC) and not identical by descent (IBD). Now, I haven't looked at the genome of two non-related doppelgangers, nor would I understand much of what I would be seeing if I looked at them, but there's that.

ARose

Established
My take is there are, reportedly, over 7 thousand million humans alive today. So, over 7 thousand million genomes. There were, however, much fewer humans not a hundred years ago. Not to mention at the start of our species some 200 thousand years ago, we seven billions must have originated from a much smaller number of Homo Sapiens. That means that the genetic variety is not as huge as the current number of individuals of our species would seem to suggest. We are basically the same genes in existence at the beginning of our species + mutations - those that didn't reproduce at all or were exterminated, recombined in different ways. Some of those random recombination of genes result in individuals with almost identical DNA and gene expression, in spite of the fact that those identical strands of DNA will be identical by chance (IBC) and not identical by descent (IBD). Now, I haven't looked at the genome of two non-related doppelgangers, nor would I understand much of what I would be seeing if I looked at them, but there's that.
I can see doppelgängers arising within even distant cousin lines but accounting for the potential of such a variation of male line inheritance is almost statistically impossible, given the alleged time humans have even been the modern species.

This might have something to do with, as genealogists would call it, NPEs or “Non Paternal Events” (unrecognized biological fathers) in long isolated communities that migrated in clusters elsewhere and didn’t marry outside a community for multiple generations (religion, social attitudes about miscegenation).

The US is not a racially and ethnically homogeneous society, so it wouldn’t be surprising to find Americans who discover doppelgängers in ancestral origin communities. But some of these people claim they don’t even share a majority of the same haplogroups, which makes the likelihood of such a random genetic variation happening exactly in a way that matches an entirely different haplogroup expression elsewhere that organized in the exact sequence for genetic expression and during the exact, same era period, mind bogglingly statistically unlikely.

It’s one thing for you to find a photograph of someone unrelated from 100 years ago who
looks exactly like you, quite another for multiple people across the world to all be doppelgängers at the same time.

Of course one explanation is that this has always happened before travel capability, photography and technology can capture evidence of the phenomenon.

But then that challenges claims about how old humanity is and how long we have been isolated from each other pre 20th Century. The probability just can’t support it.

Last edited:

ARose

Established
Also, I wanted to add that these people also all appear to be the same age as their alleged doppelgänger, so that increases the unlikelihood.

The gene roulette is hitting the exact different combinations that randomly result in the same physical expression in people of different known ancestral origin and location at nearly the exact, same time.

ARose

Established
The rule is usually Generation five in a static community is considered distant enough a genetic relation that it’s representative of the common genetic makeup of the community, rather than just close family line, meaning circles of people whose family has been in an area for at least a century and a half likely share ancestors. And the further back their family goes, the more distant ancestors they’ll share.

Call me paranoid but I am not uploading any pictures of myself to any website for any reason. Nor will I send my DNA to Ancestry.com or anyone else. I prefer not to open a Pandora's box to God knows what? BTW what if someone has a doppelganger? Your twin could commit some crime and frame you for it if they knew you existed. Also I recommend against ever getting life insurance. I follow true crime and I can't even count how many times I have heard cases of people getting murdered for their life insurance policies.

Last edited:

ARose

Established
Call me paranoid but I am not uploading any pictures of myself to any website for any reason. Nor will I send my DNA to Ancestry.com or anyone else. I prefer not to open a Pandora's box to God knows what? BTW what if someone has a doppelganger? Your twin could commit some crime and frame you for it if they knew you existed. Also I recommend against ever getting life insurance. I follow true crime and I can't even count how many times I have heard cases of people getting murdered for their life insurance policies.
I even wonder if this doppelgänger “project” is its own psy-op public manipulation into getting people to scan or upload their faces into their project.

There are just so many well-financed liars operating in our world, today.

I even wonder if this doppelgänger “project” is its own psy-op public manipulation into getting people to scan or upload their faces into their project.

There are just so many well-financed liars operating in our world, today.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Maldarker

Star
statistical accordance says that probabilty of 6 people looking the same as you through out the world or a 1 in 135 people

Ive had a weird experience seeing my parents doppenganger.

Basically im driving home. I live in a part of the UK where roads limited due to living around the fenlands, which is like an old lake that was dredged 100s of years ago. but because of this a lot of the land cant be built on, its shifts to much. We have roads that have completely subsided or drifted, electric poles that are bent ect. Here are some examples of the roads around my area (this is important for later)

1665106201764.png1665106212533.png1665106307492.png

Anyway, as im driving home, im stuck in traffic, normal rush hour traffic. im bored looking around and spot a car like my dads. It was pretty distinct car and colour so it caught my attention, I then notice the number plate xxx HAHA. His number plate. So i look up and yep theres dad driving and mum next to him. Mum is wearing her normal raincoat, dads wearing his favourite jumper. But what struck me is how angry they looked. Both starring forward with the most angry look ive ever seen on their faces. How my uncle ( mums brother) lived in the direction they were going and he can be a hand full so my original guess was he'd done something to annoy them and they were on their way to him. I waved at them to see whats wrong but neither moved. They didnt even flinch. Even when our cars were level with each other. again strange. Not to mention I also had a distinct car at the time. A bright orange Corsa, not hard to miss and very few in existence. So they would of likely seen me first. I didn't have my mobile and i dont like using it when driving so carried on with the traffic and thought ill ring them when i get home ( we all lived together).

The drive was about 10/15 minutes not long. We had a long drive which obscured the driveway where we parked and as I drove up i was shocked to see my dads car parked in front of the garage. Like I said earlier roads are long and few. There is no way they got home before me. Not least because they were going the opposite way, but there are two routes to this house. The one i took and another which would have took them all around the fenlands ( a good hour on a quiet day). Confused i run in the house, dad and mum are both watching TV, completely chilling out. I aksed them what the hell. They look confused. They hadnt even been out that day. The only reason the car was out the garage was becasue dad had washed it just before i got home.

there is no way they were pulling a prank. There is no way they could of got home before me. but it was definitely them, same clothes, same car, with number plate. everything. It still bugs me to this day. But the Fenlands are a weird place. UFOs, time slips, ghosts, witch hunts (I used to live in a place called COVENey, near WITCHham and WITCHford).

Its also worth noting at this time my dad was fighting lung cancer. I do often wonder if theres a link as Ive heard they are a sign of doom.