Were The Gnostics Right? Are There A Bunch Of "archons" Ruling This World?

Helioform

Star
According to the Nag Hammadi scrolls, the world is governed by entities that they call "Archons."
Their characteristics are:

-They are inorganic.
-They are mind parasites (much like demonic possession)
-They have no imagination or creative abilities.
-They like to invert the truth and reality.
-They look like reptilian creatures and giant human embryos (Gray aliens?)
-Their lord is called the Demi-Urge, which is a Satanic-like character.

Now those scrolls were written 2000 years ago, and they describe creatures that truly look like those who are described by alien abductees.

For those of us who have been investigating this for a while now, it has become clear that this world is governed by a bunch of "satanists" who endulge in p***philia and human sacrifice. Could it be because this universe, or this world has been created by the Demi-Urge? If this were a godly creation, good people would be at the top, not evil people.

Also the transhumanist agenda becomes very clear when you understand the nature of the Archons. They are much like robots with no intentionality, so transforming humans into cyborgs would be a natural goal for them to better assimilate us.

Whatever you may think of David Icke, watching this video below could be eye opening. It was for me anyway.

Saying the scrolls are 2000 years doesn't necessarily make them 'true' since most religions/forms of spirituality believe in the reality of beings of that variety inc hinduism which is 5000 years old and the Torah which is 3000+years old.
In islam we call them jinns. The arab pagans used to worship them as 'gods' just like they did in many parts of the world. Hence the obvious bit, 'la ilaha' illallah. (there are no 'gods' except Allah).

Helioform

Star
The Jinns are the same entities, but AFAIK the Nag Hammadi scrolls are the first documents to physically describe them so accurately when compared to reports of alien abductions and confrontations in underground bases (i.e. Dulce).

The Jinns are the same entities, but AFAIK the Nag Hammadi scrolls are the first documents to physically describe them so accurately when compared to reports of alien abductions and confrontations in underground bases (i.e. Dulce).
doesnt mean they were right though
useful to read nonetheless

Aero

Superstar
Are the Archons real? I guess it depends on how much faith you have in the Gnosis. They certainly seemed to have a particular insight into what defines reality. And we can see real entities playing the role of the Archons. But being Gnostic in ancient times meant you read everything. So I think they got a lot of stuff from other religions and practices.

Personally speaking I don't think the "demiurge" is evil. The best terms to describe it, are ignorant and rebellious. It's just there holding this realm with its hand. Perhaps out of jealousy the demiurge means to keep us from the Gnosis. That is also the job of the Archons. To try to blind you from the divine spark. They want you looking outward not looking inward.

It all makes sense when you view Jesus as the counterpart of the Demiurge and the Archons. The power of Jesus came from wisdom, and from the divine spark. And some people called him ignorant too. So we see the influence of the Archons and how they feed off of ignorance. That is where their true power comes from. Ignorance, jealousy and anger

If you want to be elite in the Gnostic rituals you have to remove good and evil from the equation. Rise above such things

Etagloc

Superstar
isn't this from John Lamb Nash? I thought he was the archons guy.....

he says he's just going off the gnostics but....

I think his version of things comes from him.

Maybe the archons thing is not from him. Can anyone actually show me some source text or something showing that the scrolls actually talk about archons? I'm not saying they don't but I just want some type of confirmation that this isn't just something John Lamb Nash made up.

Helioform

Star
Are the Archons real? I guess it depends on how much faith you have in the Gnosis. They certainly seemed to have a particular insight into what defines reality. And we can see real entities playing the role of the Archons. But being Gnostic in ancient times meant you read everything. So I think they got a lot of stuff from other religions and practices.

Personally speaking I don't think the "demiurge" is evil. The best terms to describe it, are ignorant and rebellious. It's just there holding this realm with its hand. Perhaps out of jealousy the demiurge means to keep us from the Gnosis. That is also the job of the Archons. To try to blind you from the divine spark. They want you looking outward not looking inward.

It all makes sense when you view Jesus as the counterpart of the Demiurge and the Archons. The power of Jesus came from wisdom, and from the divine spark. And some people called him ignorant too. So we see the influence of the Archons and how they feed off of ignorance. That is where their true power comes from. Ignorance, jealousy and anger

If you want to be elite in the Gnostic rituals you have to remove good and evil from the equation. Rise above such things
Well, the Demi-Urge has been isolated in a "cloud" by Sophia, so eventually came to think that he was the only God. I am not sure if this could be a valid reason for what he did, but it is certainly understandable. He became what he did because of his ignorance, which eventually led him to pride and arrogance.

The Archons are possibly a test for humanity to overcome our own "archonic' nature and rise above it.

The "celestial error" which created this world is supposed to be corrected at some time. Maybe the book of Revelation is a prophecy that describes it? I'm starting to wonder with all the signs everywhere.

Aero

Superstar
isn't this from John Lamb Nash? I thought he was the archons guy.....

he says he's just going off the gnostics but....

I think his version of things comes from him.

Maybe the archons thing is not from him. Can anyone actually show me some source text or something showing that the scrolls actually talk about archons? I'm not saying they don't but I just want some type of confirmation that this isn't just something John Lamb Nash made up.
The Concept of Our Great Power

"Then a great disturbance took place. The archons raised up their wrath against him. They wanted to hand him over to the ruler of Hades. Then they recognized one of his followers. A fire took hold of his soul. He (Judas?) handed him over, since no one knew him (Jesus?). They acted and seized him. They brought judgment upon themselves. And they delivered him up to the ruler of Hades. And they handed him over to Sasabek for nine bronze coins. He prepared himself to go down and put them to shame. Then the ruler of Hades took him. And he found that the nature of his flesh could not be seized, in order to show it to the archons. But he was saying: "Who is this? What is it? His word has abolished the law of the aeon. He is from the Logos of the power of life." And he was victorious over the command of the archons, and they were not able by their work to rule over him.

The archons searched after that which had come to pass. They did not know that this is the sign of their dissolution, and (that) it is the change of the aeon. The sun set during the day; that day became dark. The evil spirits were troubled. And after these things he will appear ascending. And the sign of the aeon that is to come will appear. And the aeons will dissolve.

And those who would know these things that were discussed with them, will become blessed. And they will reveal them, and they will become blessed, since they will come to know the truth. For you have found rest in the heavens."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/cgp.html

JoChris

Superstar

No, the power of Jesus came from actually being God, the second person of the Trinity. Not Gnosis, DEITY.

Aero

Superstar
No, the power of Jesus came from actually being God, the second person of the Trinity. Not Gnosis, DEITY.
Where in the Gnostic gospels does it say that?

I don't think you understand the father/son metaphor. But that is your right to believe what you want. I still don't get why God would create some artificial barrier to knowing him. We already know him through the Gnosis of Jesus, so why would we *have* to repent? The Gnostics had the same moral code not to sin.

Furthermore there is something that strikes me about Women calling out the Gnostics. In the ancient world the Gnostic churches would of given you the same rights as the men. But you would get no official role in the Christian churches you now follow. That's one of the reasons I don't think the Church really follows the word of the Apostles, and the word of actual Jesus

JoChris

Superstar
Where in the Gnostic gospels does it say that?

I don't think you understand the father/son metaphor. But that is your right to believe what you want. I still don't get why God would create some artificial barrier to knowing him. We already know him through the Gnosis of Jesus, so why would we *have* to repent? The Gnostics had the same moral code not to sin.

Furthermore there is something that strikes me about Women calling out the Gnostics. In the ancient world the Gnostic churches would of given you the same rights as the men. But you would get no official role in the Christian churches you now follow. That's one of the reasons I don't think the Church really follows the word of the Apostles, and the word of actual Jesus
Gnostic "Gospels" written AFTER true Gospels.
True Gospels written by actual apostles of Jesus, who walked with Him for 3 years.

According to you the Gnostics a had moral code not to sin? Explain this group please. http://www.theopedia.com/nicolaitans
http://www.wordoftruthradio.com/questions/38.html

Illuminized

Established
I'm going to side with orthodox Christians and neo-Platonists and say that there is no existing notion more diabolical and unworthy than the currently known Gnosticism (at least on the spiritual side of things. There are plenty of materialistic views that are just as bad).

Yes, it's anti-materialistic and recognizes the contradiction between god of the OT and god of the NT. But instead of directing adherents to improving themselves, it makes them renounce and retreat from the world, despise existence itself. That's not spirituality, that's madness. Where does it end? Adherents will end up hating both evil god and good god.

Of course, I still hold fast to my theory that the original Gnostics taught something else, and that they gave birth to Christianity unintentionally. What we currently know about Gnosticism is probably not the original, but one of it's many sects. Augustine, Jerome, Origen, etc. were evidently familiar with the teachings of Plato/Pythagoras, as seen in their writings. Plotinus never mentions the Christians, but his student Porphyry identified his opponents as Christians in his commentary and as Gnostics in the name he gave to the treatise.

Porphyry:
Many Christians of this period–amongst them sectaries who had abandoned the old philosophy, men of the schools of Adelphius and Aquilinus–had possessed themselves of works by Alexander of Libya, by Philocomus, by Demostratus, and by Lydus, and exhibited also Revelations bearing the names of Zoroaster, Zostrianus, Nicotheus, Allogenes, Mesus, and others of that order. Thus they fooled many, themselves fooled first; Plato, according to them, had failed to penetrate into the depth of Intellectual Being. Plotinus frequently attacked their position at the Conferences and finally wrote the treatise which I have headed Against the Gnostics: he left to us of the circle the task of examining what he himself passed over.

Plotinus:
In every way they misrepresent Plato's theory as to the method of creation as in many other respects they dishonour his teaching: they, we are to understand, have penetrated the Intellectual Nature, while Plato and all those other illustrious teachers have failed.
"From Plato come their punishments, their rivers of the underworld..." Christian conception of Hell obviously has a basis in the Elysian Fields. The OT says nothing about an eternal place of torture.

"They hope to get the credit of minute and exact identification by setting up a plurality of intellectual Essences; but in reality this multiplication lowers the Intellectual Nature to the level of the Sense-Kind: their true course is to seek to reduce number to the least possible in the Supreme..." Trinity in a nutshell, a necessary compromise reached between Catholicism and paganism, for how else would they have won over the pagans? What strikes me as coincidental is that this is what Thomas Paine also deduced in his Age of Reason, saying that the trinity of gods that then followed was no other than a reduction of the former plurality, which was about twenty or thirty thousand.

"Their own soul, the soul of the least of mankind, they declare deathless, divine; but the entire heavens and the stars within the heavens have had no communion with the Immortal Principle, though these are far purer and lovelier than their own souls..." Celsus employed this exact argument against the Christians.

"To those who assert that creation is the work of the Soul after the failing of its wings, we answer that no such disgrace could overtake the Soul of the All. If they tell us of its falling, they must tell us also what caused the fall. And when did it take place? If from eternity, then the Soul must be essentially a fallen thing: if at some one moment, why not before that?" The doctrine of original sin was still intact in "Gnosticism". Not exactly a heresy in this respect.

Last edited:

BumbleBee

Rookie
It's quite a thing to claim that the gnostic gospels were written after the true gospels. The Corpus Hermetica is at very least as old. Also, beware of how well something or someone's words and teachings can be hijacked by a power with an agenda. Over 2000 years this can be quite comprehensive. I have been looking into this for some time and realise that there is so very much we do not know and cannot understand, so much that is hidden and twisted. All I know is that I am deeply suspicious of Christianity as it is promulgated today and in the past and, it seems, that Hermetic philosophy has gone much the same way. It seems to me we are caught in double bluff by these archons! I do believe that we are on this material plane to somehow become aware of divinity and our part in it ...and it seems that there is a force that Really Doesn't Want Us To Do That. Keep an open mind and please don't quote St Paul at me. It has the opposite effect.

JoChris

Superstar
It's quite a thing to claim that the gnostic gospels were written after the true gospels. The Corpus Hermetica is at very least as old. Also, beware of how well something or someone's words and teachings can be hijacked by a power with an agenda. Over 2000 years this can be quite comprehensive. I have been looking into this for some time and realise that there is so very much we do not know and cannot understand, so much that is hidden and twisted. All I know is that I am deeply suspicious of Christianity as it is promulgated today and in the past and, it seems, that Hermetic philosophy has gone much the same way. It seems to me we are caught in double bluff by these archons! I do believe that we are on this material plane to somehow become aware of divinity and our part in it ...and it seems that there is a force that Really Doesn't Want Us To Do That. Keep an open mind and please don't quote St Paul at me. It has the opposite effect.
The Gnostic Gospels' source.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nag_Hammadi_library#Dating
Earliest one, Gospel of Thomas estimated by most scholars to early-mid 2nd century Ad.

In contrast, New Testament estimated by most scholars to have been completed by end of 1st century AD.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Testament#Dates_of_composition

Which books from the Gnostic Gospels were recorded by eyewitnesses/ their disciples of Jesus?

BumbleBee

Rookie
There are lots of questions arising around sacred texts and no one can definitively say exactly how old a specific wisdom is. The source of the Corpus Hermetica may well have been from ancient Egypt. I think the three wise men are a nod to Hermes Trismegistos but that's another story.
In answer to your question, I cannot say that any of the gnostic or true gospels were written by disciples of Jesus. I was not there.
Ever heard of the synoptic problem?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think when we are considering deceptive beings with greater intelligence than our own, we should expect to find a tangled web of information, misdirection and inversion that would make the JFK files look like the work of an untruthful three year old.

In this clamour of claim and counter claim, the tricky part is deciding who to believe...

Aero

Superstar
I'm at work so I can't write well right now. But I think the problem modern people have with the Gnostic philosophy is simple.

They don't have anything to compare it to. That's why people call us the Satanists and whatever other label they use to describe things they dont understand.

The Gnostics were consumed with madness? Where does that shit come from. How is pursuing knowledge madness? That makes no sense when you compare it to the outright viciousness of proto-orthodoxy

Illuminized

Established
The Gnostic Gospels' source.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nag_Hammadi_library#Dating
Earliest one, Gospel of Thomas estimated by most scholars to early-mid 2nd century Ad.

In contrast, New Testament estimated by most scholars to have been completed by end of 1st century AD.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Testament#Dates_of_composition

Which books from the Gnostic Gospels were recorded by eyewitnesses/ their disciples of Jesus?
Why is the Gospel of Thomas essentially a collection of sayings, some of which correspond with the ones in the gospels? Couldn't it be argued that such sayings were selectively placed into the gospel narratives, forming the source material for it?

I'd sooner trust an ancient author over a modern scholar. Jesus' alleged contemporaries do not mention him (no mention from Philo or Seneca about Jesus. Interpolations can be found in the writings of Josephus, Tacitus, Pliny, Aurelius, etc.), which means either he lived before the first century or did not achieve the notoriety the gospels ascribe to him.