Were The Communists Sincere?

Etagloc

Superstar
Stalin, for example. Lenin, Trotsky. Were they secretly some part of some conspiracy or were they for real? They were actually what they said they were or they were pretending?

It seems to me you have centrally-controlled revolutions and then you have actual spontaneous ones. The latter I would call the organic revolution; for example Emiliano Zapata's uprising for me would be an archetypical example of an organic revolution as I am pretty convinced he was not acting on behalf of some bizarre hidden agenda- and I think that's part of his general appeal. But- Che Guevara and Fidel Castro, for example? What were they about? What was really behind those beards?

I know a case of an organic revolutionary who became a controlled revolutionary: Huey Newton of the Black Panthers. He was a sincere man, he was loved and said to be guided by some type of spiritual force and when he was incarcerated they did MK-ULTRA on him. After that, he was under control and he had mind control people around him to keep him controlled. I've heard this multiple times from different people from Oakland and I'm merely rehashing what I've heard in my own words. I believe it, though.

JoChris

Superstar
I can believe some followers were.
I used to think Marx was and then came across the theory that Marx rejected his religious upbringing and became a Satanist. It's an interesting theory and quite believable with all the evil that he did.
E.g. https://archive.org/details/MarxAndSatan
If you know how to judge which websites are professional ones versus personal opinion only there are quite a few which support that theory too.

Etagloc

Superstar
I have that book and I believe its thesis. He was also a racist.

rainerann

Star
Pretending and insincere they were. Their recruits may have been sincere, but for them, communism is nothing more than doublespeak for a monarchy where they can crown themselves king by trying to convince people that dictatorship under them will be funner, better, brighter, richer, fairer than under the current system. Communism is a campaign to crown an oligarchy basically.

mecca

Superstar
Pretending and insincere they were. Their recruits may have been sincere, but for them, communism is nothing more than doublespeak for a monarchy where they can crown themselves king by trying to convince people that dictatorship under them will be funner, better, brighter, richer, fairer than under the current system. Communism is a campaign to crown an oligarchy basically.
Yeah It wasn't even really communism.