Were religions the first propagators of Fake News?

Were religions the first propagators of Fake News?

Fake News is considered to be lies or distortions of thetruth. The first wholesale use of lies may have been religions.

Ancient temple inventions meant to fool people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7BHvN6rZZA

What Do Con Artists and Religious Leaders Have in Common? With Maria Konnikova

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6DfJVjEMlc&t=4s

Do you think religions were the first propagators of FakeNews?

Do you think that the term fraud can be applied to most supernaturally based religions?

Regards
DL

Todd

Star
Do I think there are alot of people doing false or fake supernatural religious things, in the name of God? Yes.

However, the definition of fraud would have no meaning if there was not something legimtimate or true that was being faked. So if your point is to try to discredit everything done in the name of religion, faith or God, you have no leg to stand on. That's what discernment is for.

Sincere and genuine people can be deceived, so just because one can discern that something is spiritually fake or fraudulent, doesn't mean we should automatically assume all the people involved even realize what they are doing is not of God.

I look back at some the stuff I was involved in 15-20 years ago and today it is obvious to me now it was fake and fraudulent. However I also know my heart was sincere and pure, but I was just ignorant and deceived at the time.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Definition of fraud in English:
fraud
NOUN
mass noun
  • 1Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
    ‘he was convicted of fraud’
    count noun ‘prosecutions for social security frauds’
    More example sentences
    Synonyms

1. 1.1count noun A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
      ‘mediums exposed as tricksters and frauds’
‘There are quite enough liars and careerist frauds in academia as it is.’

‘We will tell you we are frauds and they will pretend that they are not.’

‘Some are also famous in sceptical circles: the Davenports for claiming to be spirit mediums, and Houdini for busting frauds.’

‘Actually, much of the licensing and regulation is aimed at protecting the public from frauds and quacks.’

‘It wouldn't be wise just to assume that judges are unerring oracles of law, but to leap to the opposite conclusion and decide they are frauds is even more foolish.’

‘There are an astounding number of plain frauds and charlatans (to phrase it at its highest) in charge of the propaganda of the other side.’

‘She is a black woman in a world of mostly white men; a 60-year-old workaholic who abides neither fools nor frauds.’

‘What I'm talking about are serial losers and bamboozlers, serial frauds and fakes, serial blusterers and blowhards.

‘As the writer points out, peer review is good for picking out problems with methodology - but true frauds just fake the data.’
‘If we do not expose him for a fraud and a charlatan we give him credibility.’

‘Nevertheless, the girls with no previous experience manage to blend in with the seasoned professionals without anyone pointing them out and calling them frauds.’

‘Not a few are able to live as frauds and hucksters who pad their resumes with myriad non-existent accomplishments and credentials.’

‘What politician is going to call what the public perceives to be a well-meaning group of tragedy-stricken widows a gang of frauds and liars?’

‘We have these frauds, these psychologists, who know nothing more than you or I, telling us what's best for our children.’

‘Thanks again for trying to get these frauds to prove and justify their ridiculous claims.’

‘Otherwise all future columns will be printed without edit, thereby exposing us for the undereducated, overpaid frauds that we are.’

‘He withdrew from producing more of his own work, because he perceived that so people who are claiming to build on his work are frauds.’

‘That's a mighty weak basis on which to call us frauds, liars, and smear merchants.’

Do I think there are alot of people doing false or fake supernatural religious things, in the name of God? Yes.

However, the definition of fraud would have no meaning if there was not something legimtimate or true that was being faked. So if your point is to try to discredit everything done in the name of religion, faith or God, you have no leg to stand on. That's what discernment is for.

Sincere and genuine people can be deceived, so just because one can discern that something is spiritually fake or fraudulent, doesn't mean we should automatically assume all the people involved even realize what they are doing is not of God.

I look back at some the stuff I was involved in 15-20 years ago and today it is obvious to me now it was fake and fraudulent. However I also know my heart was sincere and pure, but I was just ignorant and deceived at the time.
You are saying that the con worked on you. It does for many.

That is why I post. To try to help those still being deceived by the mainstream religious liars.

So where have you landed, in terms of beliefs?

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
You are saying that the con worked on you. It does for many.

That is why I post. To try to help those still being deceived by the mainstream religious liars.

So where have you landed, in terms of beliefs?

Regards
DL
Would you regard the sources you put your trust in as more reliable?

If so, what grounds do you have for your confidence in gnosticism?

Definition of fraud in English:
fraud
NOUN
mass noun
  • 1Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
    ‘he was convicted of fraud’
    count noun ‘prosecutions for social security frauds’
    More example sentences
    Synonyms

1. 1.1count noun A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
      ‘mediums exposed as tricksters and frauds’
‘There are quite enough liars and careerist frauds in academia as it is.’

‘We will tell you we are frauds and they will pretend that they are not.’

‘Some are also famous in sceptical circles: the Davenports for claiming to be spirit mediums, and Houdini for busting frauds.’

‘Actually, much of the licensing and regulation is aimed at protecting the public from frauds and quacks.’

‘It wouldn't be wise just to assume that judges are unerring oracles of law, but to leap to the opposite conclusion and decide they are frauds is even more foolish.’

‘There are an astounding number of plain frauds and charlatans (to phrase it at its highest) in charge of the propaganda of the other side.’

‘She is a black woman in a world of mostly white men; a 60-year-old workaholic who abides neither fools nor frauds.’

‘What I'm talking about are serial losers and bamboozlers, serial frauds and fakes, serial blusterers and blowhards.

‘As the writer points out, peer review is good for picking out problems with methodology - but true frauds just fake the data.’
‘If we do not expose him for a fraud and a charlatan we give him credibility.’

‘Nevertheless, the girls with no previous experience manage to blend in with the seasoned professionals without anyone pointing them out and calling them frauds.’

‘Not a few are able to live as frauds and hucksters who pad their resumes with myriad non-existent accomplishments and credentials.’

‘What politician is going to call what the public perceives to be a well-meaning group of tragedy-stricken widows a gang of frauds and liars?’

‘We have these frauds, these psychologists, who know nothing more than you or I, telling us what's best for our children.’

‘Thanks again for trying to get these frauds to prove and justify their ridiculous claims.’

‘Otherwise all future columns will be printed without edit, thereby exposing us for the undereducated, overpaid frauds that we are.’

‘He withdrew from producing more of his own work, because he perceived that so people who are claiming to build on his work are frauds.’

‘That's a mighty weak basis on which to call us frauds, liars, and smear merchants.’

Regards
DL

It takes discernment to distinguish truth from deception. I found this an interesting contrast...

P.s. @Kais_1 - based on your mention of "Sophia and the Archons" you might find this interesting.
I am a realist and do not really care what our myths called our rulers. We would not and should not try to transpose ancient view to modern views as the language does not work well.

I also like to speak of relity and not fantasy.

That fantasy talk is what led to the thousands of Gods that even came out of Christianity and I am not interested in dirtying up the Gnostic Christian waters.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I am a realist and do not really care what our myths called our rulers. We would not and should not try to transpose ancient view to modern views as the language does not work well.

I also like to speak of relity and not fantasy.

That fantasy talk is what led to the thousands of Gods that even came out of Christianity and I am not interested in dirtying up the Gnostic Christian waters.

Regards
DL
The nihilist can be a universal critic as he defends nothing himself. Is there anything beyond the physical that you positively believe? I'm just curious...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
“Were religions the first propagators of Fake News?” ~ @Gnostic Christian Bishop

No (see bold fake news below)

Genesis 3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
So you think mankind would be better if we did not have a moral sense. Ok.

Stupid is as stupid thinks.

Strange that Christians sing of Adam's sin as a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

You think Adam should have derailed god's plan. Interesting.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
No. Gnostic Christians do not let their minds go into intellectual and moral dissonance.

Care to share why you have done so?

Regards
DL
0103794D-9AF0-4A6C-9AA4-35D18F203C66.jpeg

Everyone (apart from babies) is biased !

Acknowledging a response of dissonance in yourself as well as others is good. Hard questions should be faced. On the other hand, read your own responses when someone challenges you - have you ever offered a single reply that is not the equivalent of a cornered dog snarling?

You don’t have to keep doing this, you know? You were created for better!

View attachment 21391

Everyone (apart from babies) is biased !

Acknowledging a response of dissonance in yourself as well as others is good. Hard questions should be faced. On the other hand, read your own responses when someone challenges you - have you ever offered a single reply that is not the equivalent of a cornered dog snarling?

You don’t have to keep doing this, you know? You were created for better!
I believe in reciprocity and return what I get. You are created for better than letting your mind go into intellectual and moral dissonance by believing in the supernatural and building your ideology on a fantasy.

You have seen that lead to inquisitions and jihads but do not care as your morals have been corrupted to the point of idol worshiping a genocidal son murdering prick of a god.

I am right on that and if you do not see it then you are truly an idiot, which is why you did not answer my simple question.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I believe in reciprocity and return what I get. You are created for better than letting your mind go into intellectual and moral dissonance by believing in the supernatural and building your ideology on a fantasy.

You have seen that lead to inquisitions and jihads but do not care as your morals have been corrupted to the point of idol worshiping a genocidal son murdering prick of a god.

I am right on that and if you do not see it then you are truly an idiot, which is why you did not answer my simple question.

Regards
DL
I didn’t actually detect a question in your response! What are you actually trying to say? Can you ask it clearly without being rude?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Gnostic Christians do not let their minds go into intellectual and moral dissonance.

Care to share why you have done so?

Regards
DL
Hmmm - Would you concede that most of your questions follow the same “logical” style as the following unanswerable question:- ?

“Have you stopped beating your wife?”