Well this is interesting

Lisa

Superstar
Its par for the course for him...he must need the cash. He likes to teach things that aren’t Biblical like...
1585671246901.png
Holy laughter...:mad:

AlcyoneSong

Established
Wow that’s a new one. Hey I’m all for laughing and even laughing in the face of fear. A good joke can break the tension. That’s why I love jesters so much. They know more about the Kingdom and the state of the King than everyone else.
With that said this guy reminds me of something very sinister that I can’t quite put my finger on. Maybe it is demonic, some of the more experienced Christians can help me here?

Lisa

Superstar
Wow that’s a new one. Hey I’m all for laughing and even laughing in the face of fear. A good joke can break the tension. That’s why I love jesters so much. They know more about the Kingdom and the state of the King than everyone else.
With that said this guy reminds me of something very sinister that I can’t quite put my finger on. Maybe it is demonic, some of the more experienced Christians can help me here?

Galatians‬ ‭5:22-24‬ ‭
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
‭‭
Since self control is a fruit of the Spirit...can RHB be said to be adhering to the Bible? If not..what is he adhering to? Is he teaching crucifying the flesh with its passions and desires...or is he teaching people to be out of control in their flesh? I would say that its evil what he’s doing as he’s not teaching Godly things but acting as if the things he is teaching is of God...He is just another false teacher among many in this day and age.

AlcyoneSong

Established
Yeah but there is joyful laughter, and I can say first hand I have experienced that type of feeling. It was after I accepted Christ as my Savior and after I was baptized. I was praying in private and just reading my Bible and something struck me. The revelation of being really free it’s hard to explain but I laughed like with a friend. It wasn’t like the video.
I think the allure of this type of service is that we are inundated with negativity that we are starved for joy. So we will accept a substitute for the real thing.

Cintra

Star
Its par for the course for him...he must need the cash. He likes to teach things that aren’t Biblical like...
View attachment 34292
Holy laughter...:mad:

Well! That is interesting.

If that was an occult ritual, it would be a very good example of raising and releasing power.
Usually to power a working (evokation/invokation) or a sigil.

In fact, I believe that Liber Null (Seminal chaos magick grimoire by Pete Carroll) listed laughter as a mechanism for doing exactly that.

Interesting to see it used in a 'christian' context.

But to be fair ecstatic worship can be used by anyone, it does not have to be demonic. It all depends on what is being used to raise the power, and where that power is being directed.

The words he was saying were very interesting too. The text said they were nonsense words, but I thought some of them sounded like the names of god forms.

That said, if I had been in there when that kicked off, I'd have run.
That kind of shenanigans pulls people into the group mind, wether they want to be there or not.

Lisa

Superstar
Yeah but there is joyful laughter, and I can say first hand I have experienced that type of feeling. It was after I accepted Christ as my Savior and after I was baptized. I was praying in private and just reading my Bible and something struck me. The revelation of being really free it’s hard to explain but I laughed like with a friend. It wasn’t like the video.
I’d say you have your answer...it wasn’t like the video...and that’s a good thing!! :)

Lisa

Superstar
Well! That is interesting.

If that was an occult ritual, it would be a very good example of raising and releasing power.
Usually to power a working (evokation/invokation) or a sigil.

In fact, I believe that Liber Null (Seminal chaos magick grimoire by Pete Carroll) listed laughter as a mechanism for doing exactly that.

Interesting to see it used in a 'christian' context.

But to be fair ecstatic worship can be used by anyone, it does not have to be demonic. It all depends on what is being used to raise the power, and where that power is being directed.

The words he was saying were very interesting too. The text said they were nonsense words, but I thought some of them sounded like the names of god forms.

That said, if I had been in there when that kicked off, I'd have run.
That kind of shenanigans pulls people into the group mind, wether they want to be there or not.
Rodney Howard-Browne (born June 12, 1961)[1] is a South African-born American Christian evangelist and pastor of The River church in Tampa Bay. He has resided in Tampa, Florida since the mid-1990s. The River is considered both Pentecostal and Charismatic with revival meetings led by Howard-Browne known for those attending breaking into "holy laughter"

The Bible already knew about people like him coming into congregations...
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭2:1‬ ‭
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.​