Wearing a Mask

justjess

Superstar
reread the article. this editor supports "mask shaming" people. heres her exact quote: "Look: I believe masks (and even shaming) are indispensable in controlling the spread of the coronavirus." shes a CDC virtue signalling zombie. a true nonpolarized person would be described as someone wearing a mask who doesnt care if another person wears one or not. those people are tolerable. ignorant to the facts, but tolerable.

there is ZERO compromise here when it comes to freedom and liberty. we either have freedom or we dont. theres nothing extreme about it. even the smallest infringement is an infringement.

Any law or rule whatsoever can be considered an infringement on our freedom. Any and every single one from the mundane to the major. And yet the majority of people accept even the most ridiculous but choose this particular hill to die on.

I didn’t like that comment in the article either. But overall it was a position which showed less polarization then pretty much every other opinion I’ve seen in over a year and it showed some nuance which has been lacking on both sides. People are virtue signaling with these masks either way and it’s stupid. If I wear a mask I’m not a brain dead sheep if I dont I’m not a redneck trumper. The whole thing is stupid imo.

Tidal

Star
The idea that masks do no harm is false, unfortunately. OSHA required medical testing, long before COVID, for people in industry that had to wear masks for their jobs because it is very hard on the heart. There are adverse physiological as well as psychological effects from wearing masks. See the info here: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33303303/

Thanks, but there are many different designs and types of masks, mine is thin and light as a feather and is so comfortable that I forget I'm wearing it, but if it felt uncomfortable I'd ditch it fast..:)

I thought I'd share this story because I found the incident so funny:

Last night, my dog and I were coming back up from her bedtime bathroom break, when we got on an elevator with a man who was coming up from the basement, and had what looked like a N95 mask on. Once we got on, he said to me, "Excuse me, you should have a mask on."

I said, "I don't need a mask, I have an immune system".

Evidently, he didn't like my answer and said sternly, "You should have a mask on!"

I then looked at him and replied, "And you should grow a spine".

Well! He got in a huff about that and then told me he has a spine. By this time, my dog and I were at our floor and got off and yelled "YOU'RE EVIL!"

I replied, "....and you're a wimp!"

He began to get flustered and started yelling at me, "EVIL! EVIL!" making the motion to shoo me off the elevator.

At this point I just started to laugh and said, "Look at you."

I left him yelling and acting like a madman, while my dog even began to smile and wanted to play because once the elevator door closed, she wanted to play and race me back to our home.

The entire episode reminds me of what UAC posted here:

"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed".
- Nietzsche

justjess

Superstar
No Masks and No Vaccination in Borough Park Brooklyn March 7, 2021

1:44:39.
this is the hasidic jewish section. TOTALLY different scene.
I just spent a couple days in Brooklyn... there were barely any masks in all of south brooklyn. Coney Island was packed, restaurants were open everywhere... I don’t know what the hipsters and rich assholes are doing elsewhere in nyc but the idea that all of nyc except for the jews are mask crazy is just wrong

polymoog

Superstar
CLAIMING ADA DISABILITY EXEMPTION FROM MASKS

5:04.

the real magic words: "i have a disability that precludes me from wearing a mask or face covering. i am asking for reasonable modification to be allowed to shop."

take the damn cloth off your face and claim that exemption.

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
CLAIMING ADA DISABILITY EXEMPTION FROM MASKS

5:04.

the real magic words: "i have a disability that precludes me from wearing a mask or face covering. i am asking for reasonable modification to be allowed to shop."

take the damn cloth off your face and claim that exemption.
My own personal disability is that I don't think like the general public does.....or is that their disability?

......(ponders deeply)

polymoog

Superstar
went to sams club without a mask today for the first time in over a year, expecting to do battle. not much.

shopped with no problems. waited on a long line until the cashier saw me, rolled her eyes and shook her head, and called over her russian usupervisor, who explained that she couldnt take me and i had to go to the self checkout.
"i have a medical disability that precludes me from wearing a mask."
"yeee-us, i kno`. zis is not uh problem... buhhht ve hey-ve to key-p every-von sayf." (i got the feeling that there have been others who pioneered breaking the store mask policy there months earlier... kudos to them.)
i bit my lip about the "safe" comment. i wouldnt have known even where to start explaining how utterly ridiculous it is. i said, "look, i was waiting on this line for 15 minutes and NOW she says this? why couldnt she tell me this before?"
the supervisor gave me the usual crap, and i said "fine" so i could just get going. i thought about demanding some other cashier check us out as i am as important a customer as any of these CDC zombies-- maybe i should have done that-- but i let it go and went to the self checkout. incidentally, two different people seemed to take an interest in the fact that i wasnt wearing one and started up conversations.
i left with no further problems.

i think that with multiple mask-free states, the "gene therapy" availability, and the general boredom with the mask mandate that only a very small handful are true hard core believers in the masks. the vast majority are afraid to challenge authority or make a scene so they simply comply.

Daze

Superstar
Do you think people are getting tired of this plan-demic yet?

Note, there is probably swearing in the video but i don't speak Russian so..