Wearing a Mask

In my opinion, masks are stupid and dont even help that much.

Whats the point of going to a public place and still having that thing on? They even help hide criminals and in my opinion thy violate my rights. Masks are stupid.

Maes17

Superstar
Well, thats where Im at with it... I wear it when absolutely required... I just don't make a fuss about it.

However, that does not negate the phenomenon of left/woke/liberal/progressive /etc. identifying people aggressively flexing on those they perceive as "others" with the mask being used as the instigation point for confrontation.
I’m in the same boat partner.
My outlook on this situation wear it if you’re comfy wearing one. If you don’t want to wear one you should have that “right” to not wear it.

However given the perceived unknown about covid. If a business required a mask. Just comply if you plan on shopping at said business.

If you don’t like the mask rules. Don’t go there. Shop online if you can. It’s not that hard to respect the wishes of those following orders so they stay in business.

Maes17

Superstar
Hey people, I was zapped bad by the virus in May and felt half dead for a week or two, but as I didn't have shortness of breath I decided to ride it out and not bother calling a doctor.
After recovering, I'm still not back to 100% health because every few weeks I keep getting a sniffly nose and red dracula eyes, and I don't know if I'm now a carrier liable to infect other people.
Question to VC members- would you like me to wear a mask or not, just in case we bump into each other in the grocers?
And suppose you see me unmasked, would you and your family mask up to protect yourself?

Me unmasked-

Me masked-
I had it back in February Tidal.
Same symptoms as you. No red eyes though.

I do suffer stuffy noses here and there now

DeathlyHallows

Established
We are at stage 2 in NE, and I am a 7th grade teacher. Haven't been on forums in a long while. We have to mask at school (biggest district in the state), we disinfect between every class, sanitizer...all the fun. We only have about 21% of kids in school, the rest are remote. We got some money from somewhere to go 1 to 1. The kids that come are Yellow and Blue groups. One week is Mon-Wed Blue, and Thurs/Fri Yellow, then the next is Mon/Tues Blue and Wed-Fri Yellow. We are all masked.

I don't know that I believe there are all the people dying that we are seeing on the news. However, I do have two friends who have had it with the lack of taste or smell being key. One of them had a false negative as well.

I don't love the masks, but I make them myself so I get to choose that, and it is my job...so there is that. The vaccine I am terrified of. My hubby said this, "How come they can whip up this vaccine so fast, but in years we can't get rid of cancer, AIDS, Lou Gherigs, Parkinsons, etc.?" I said, "We can, but there is a lot of money in having those diseases."

On the up side, having my kids home 2-3 days a week and wearing masks has made them less sick with colds and things like that.

jdn1974

I haven't changed one damned thing about my lifestyle and nothing at all has happened.... other than being looked at with fear and being avoided on occasion in counties that are known to believe everything they see on TV. Some county health dept's have taken advantage of the power play and forcing healthy people to exist as if they aren't. Fucking stupid.

Tidal

Star
In my opinion, masks are stupid and dont even help that much.
Whats the point of going to a public place and still having that thing on? They even help hide criminals and in my opinion thy violate my rights. Masks are stupid.
Some shops round here won't let anybody in if they're not masked, so I pop mine on when I go in, and take it off when I come out.
Masking up doesn't bother me at all, but if the govt try to vaccinate us I'll refuse that because I don't want muck pumped into my arm.
At the moment about half the people we see in the street here in england are unmasked presumably because they think the virus risk is much less out in the fresh air and they're probably right.

Some shops round here won't let anybody in if they're not masked, so I pop mine on when I go in, and take it off when I come out.
Masking up doesn't bother me at all, but if the govt try to vaccinate us I'll refuse that because I don't want muck pumped into my arm.
At the moment about half the people we see in the street here in england are unmasked presumably because they think the virus risk is much less out in the fresh air and they're probably right.
The vaccine contains the mark of the beast. This is what is giving me anxiety.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
We are at stage 2 in NE, and I am a 7th grade teacher. Haven't been on forums in a long while. We have to mask at school (biggest district in the state), we disinfect between every class, sanitizer...all the fun. We only have about 21% of kids in school, the rest are remote. We got some money from somewhere to go 1 to 1. The kids that come are Yellow and Blue groups. One week is Mon-Wed Blue, and Thurs/Fri Yellow, then the next is Mon/Tues Blue and Wed-Fri Yellow. We are all masked.

I don't know that I believe there are all the people dying that we are seeing on the news. However, I do have two friends who have had it with the lack of taste or smell being key. One of them had a false negative as well.

I don't love the masks, but I make them myself so I get to choose that, and it is my job...so there is that. The vaccine I am terrified of. My hubby said this, "How come they can whip up this vaccine so fast, but in years we can't get rid of cancer, AIDS, Lou Gherigs, Parkinsons, etc.?" I said, "We can, but there is a lot of money in having those diseases."

On the up side, having my kids home 2-3 days a week and wearing masks has made them less sick with colds and things like that.
New England or Nebraska?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
No it is bunch of people being paranoid because they have nothing better to do and want to feel special.
Do you mean those aggressively patrolling their fellow citizens in an attempt to enforce this "mask mandate" which has been scientifically proven to be about ZERO percentage effective (and possibly even detrimental)? Some of the "woke truthers" sure cozy up to TPTB authority once they get a taste of exercising it on their own behalf.

manama

Star
Do you mean those aggressively patrolling their fellow citizens in an attempt to enforce this "mask mandate" which has been scientifically proven to be about ZERO percentage effective (and possibly even detrimental)? Some of the "woke truthers" sure cozy up to TPTB authority once they get a taste of exercising it on their own behalf.
Tell me again how is it detrimental because I am currently (not as in right now ofcourse or I wouldn't be online) working shifts in a laboratory where we are doing COVID-19 tests and I have personally collected samples from many patients who tested positive. Neither I nor anybody else there or my supervisors caught COVID because we were properly dressed when dealing with patients which included masks and gloves.

Where are you getting your "Zero percent" effective and detrimental to health from?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Tell me again how is it detrimental because I am currently (not as in right now ofcourse or I wouldn't be online) working shifts in a laboratory where we are doing COVID-19 tests and I have personally collected samples from many patients who tested positive. Neither I nor anybody else there or my supervisors caught COVID because we were properly dressed when dealing with patients which included masks and gloves.

Where are you getting your "Zero percent" effective and detrimental to health from?
Is your first paragraph in reference to masks?
I havent seen any credible report definitively proving the effectiveness of masks. I have seen Fauci and other be caught lying in both promotion and deferment of them.

manama

Star
Is your first paragraph in reference to masks?
I havent seen any credible report definitively proving the effectiveness of masks. I have seen Fauci and other be caught lying in both promotion and deferment of them.
You called them zero percent effective so where is your source for that? Masks weren't just invented, people have used them for ages, biologists working with highly dangerous pathogens in labs wear them for a reason and so do hundreds other jobs. The surgical masks we are using in pandemic might not be 100% effective but its still alot better than no mask. So where is the zero percent effectivity and "Detrimental to health" coming from?

Daze

Superstar
You called them zero percent effective so where is your source for that?
I'm not gonna bother giving you something that is so readily accessible. I mean doctors and nurses in the 1000's have been saying this. You know, those same professionals that are being censored?

Sides, this thread and Franks con-vid one have more links then a dog has fleas. That's if you cared enough to educate yourself.

I just thought this was interesting.

Here's a manufacturer saying masks are useless.
covid19_masks.jpg

Here's snopes saying the maker of the masks is a liar.

I included the "fact checker" just to show you how corrupt it all is. Really, who knows more about this product? Those who actually make it or the so called "fact checkers"?

As they say, follow the money, while con vids has big pharma and Bill gates behind it.